• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television Star Wars THE ACOLYTE (New Trailer, post #45)

So it sounds like some are pissed off YouTubers noticed these interviews and didn't forget them, and made videos for their viewers to remind them this is a preview of the quality of the new Star Wars series, which has a priority of being queer propaganda first and quality entertainment.... probably much further down on the priorities list.

But she's doing exactly what she does in her other shows, what Kathleen Kennedy hired her to do.... stick a chick in it and make her lame & gay.

Ok but what about the actual plot of the episodes is gay? I just don't see any gay agenda in the plot (at least so far.)

Ok but what about the actual plot of the episodes is gay? I just don't see any gay agenda in the plot (at least so far.)
You understand you're asking for plot points from a guy who wont watch the show.

~HAPPY ACOLYTE DAY!!!~
darth-vader-dancing.gif

Not really excited about the Star Wars brand lately after a string of disappointing SW shows. Still checked out the first two episodes in case it's another hidden gem like Andor. Thought The Acolyte was not bad so far. It's different from the standard SW shows. The martial arts-type fight scenes were very well done. I know it's such a small thing but I loved seeing the drone pilots that became chair seats.

Speaking of Andor, everyone who hasn't seen it should check it out. It's one of the best television series of 2022 and the best Star Wars live-action product since the original trilogy.

Not really excited about the Star Wars brand lately after a string of disappointing SW shows. Still checked out the first two episodes in case it's another hidden gem like Andor. Thought The Acolyte was not bad so far. It's different from the standard SW shows. The martial arts-type fight scenes were very well done. I know it's such a small thing but I loved seeing the drone pilots that became chair seats.

Speaking of Andor, everyone who hasn't seen it should check it out. It's one of the best television series of 2022 and the best Star Wars live-action product since the original trilogy.

The scene set in the Narkina Prison was, for me, an absolute standout and one of the most gripping moments I've witnessed in the Star Wars universe. The intensity and suspense built to a mesmerizing crescendo that left my heart racing. It's a sequence that will be forever etched into my memory as one of the high points of Star Wars storytelling.

Is it grifting is you are posting your actual feelings about these shows and make money because a lot of people agree with you and watch? What makes it grifting? I would think that if someone is not posting their actual opinions but what the audience wants to hear so that they can make money. If you're saying that they are the latter, then you're suggesting that they don't believe what they're saying. Unless you have proof that they don't actually feel this way, then you're really just sharing your opinion that they're grifting.

I think it's grifting because they were shitting on the show months in advance before they even knew what the plot was. I don't think the criticisms were in good faith.

They microanalyzed every tiny interview snippet of the cast or creatives involved and made all these conclusions. Often taking things out of context - before the series even debuted.

They also overexaggerate on tiny little nuances or plot points claiming there is a political agenda when it could easily just be a little wonky writing in places.

Kept saying they will interject gay shit into it. Well what's gay in the plot so far? No one has given me an answer to this.

A lot of people dislike Disney Star Wars and are unhappy with the direction everything is gone. I know, because I am one of them. These opinions actually exist, and so I wonder where you are drawing the conclusion that they're dishonest.

I dislike the general direction too - absolutely despise the sequels, Obi Wan was low quality and low budget, thought Boba Fett was mediocre, and Ahsoka was mid.

But I also don't get off on getting recreationally mad through Star Wars are shit videos.

I just want Star Wars to be good and want to enjoy it. I still have hope the ship will be turned around eventually.

Last edited:
For as outrageously dumb and nonsensical as I find the first two episodes of The Accolyte, I don't know if it's possible to be worse than Obi Wan though it seems like they're trying lol. Maybe it could be dumber than BOBF which had one good episode (Mando lol) and some mediocre ones, but damn, Obi Wan hurts my brain. Hayden and Ewan somehow still delivered great performances.

Also hurts my brain that they had talents like the Game of Thrones chica in Obi Wan and Carrie Anne Moss in Accolyte and completely wasted them, Moss anyway, GoT chica was great and at least got some screen time. Squid Games guy is the bright spot in Accolyte to me but he's dragged down by the plot. He seems like a jedi and not a robotic dick.

Hell, the actress playing Reva showed she could actually act when the script didn't have her doing or saying stupid bullshit. What a waste.

These shows are a joke. The more i think about it the more it strikes me as bizarre at how bad they are. It feels like fan fic but with good cgi and better acting. Like assassin chica trying to kick meditating dude in the face - it looked like some goofy fan fic shit.

I'm curious what the third episode will be but I don't think I can watch anymore.

For as outrageously dumb and nonsensical as I find the first two episodes of The Accolyte, I don't know if it's possible to be worse than Obi Wan though it seems like they're trying lol. Maybe it could be dumber than BOBF which had one good episode (Mando lol) and some mediocre ones, but damn, Obi Wan hurts my brain. Hayden and Ewan somehow still delivered great performances.

Also hurts my brain that they had talents like the Game of Thrones chica in Obi Wan and Carrie Anne Moss in Accolyte and completely wasted them, Moss anyway, GoT chica was great and at least got some screen time. Squid Games guy is the bright spot in Accolyte to me but he's dragged down by the plot. He seems like a jedi and not a robotic dick.

Hell, the actress playing Reva showed she could actually act when the script didn't have her doing or saying stupid bullshit. What a waste.

These shows are a joke. The more i think about it the more it strikes me as bizarre at how bad they are. It feels like fan fic but with good cgi and better acting. Like assassin chica trying to kick meditating dude in the face - it looked like some goofy fan fic shit.

I'm curious what the third episode will be but I don't think I can watch anymore.

Yea that whole "attack me with all your strength" was cringy and retarded.

The writing for creating brand new stories are a joke in Hollywood right now.

The good stories like GOT are based on existing writing by actually talented writers.

It takes inspiration and a good idea to write good original stories. The main problem with Star Wars content was that Disney bought Lucasfilm for 4 billion and then was on an immediate time crunch to recoup that money ASAP. So they had a timeline, "Make this many movies by this time period" BEFORE they had any ideas for a good script or story. All the decisions are motivated by cynical financial concerns and stock price. Not art.

With Star Wars, they need a good story and script PLUS they have to world build an entire epic universe.

Despite all this though, I'm still enjoying this series and looking forward to episode 3.

I've no idea what a Marxist is, that kinda seems like "woke" where the definition varies on what person is using it and is utterly meaningless at this point.

No, it pretty much has a firm definition.

A promoter of communism and degredation of non-communist societies to make them more easily taken over by communism.

The-Naked-Communist-640x960.jpg

Hollywood has been filled with Marxists for decades, and the promote Marxists within their ranks.

No, it pretty much has a firm definition.

A promoter of communism and degredation of non-communist societies to make them more easily taken over by communism.

The-Naked-Communist-640x960.jpg

Hollywood has been filled with Marxists for decades, and the promote Marxists within their ranks.
That book is 66 years old (after the start of McCarthyism) and written by a former FBI agent. What are the showrunners doing to promote communism? How are they Marxists? And yeah, the US had a communist party too who were very pro labor IIRC. Without having read it your whole post strikes of McCarthyism... which Trump supporters were crying about when Trump was being investigated by the same FBI and all the alleged Russia stuff lol.

The original Star Wars was literally anti-empire, Rebels using guerilla tactics (Vietnam). Andor follows that vein and both are far more leftwing politically (including the prequel trilogy) than this show so far. Probably a lot of other stuff you enjoy critiques US foreign policy and Capitalism than you're aware of.

...But we digress.

Yea that whole "attack me with all your strength" was cringy and retarded.

The writing for creating brand new stories are a joke in Hollywood right now.

The good stories like GOT are based on existing writing by actually talented writers.

It takes inspiration and a good idea to write good original stories. The main problem with Star Wars content was that Disney bought Lucasfilm for 4 billion and then was on an immediate time crunch to recoup that money ASAP. So they had a timeline, "Make this many movies by this time period" BEFORE they had any ideas for a good script or story. All the decisions are motivated by cynical financial concerns and stock price. Not art.

With Star Wars, they need a good story and script PLUS they have to world build an entire epic universe.

Despite all this though, I'm still enjoying this series and looking forward to episode 3.
Well said.

Despite my opinion of Acolyte I hope the rest is good and that you and whoever else are digging it continue to enjoy it.

Star Wars needs people with vision and talent, that's for sure. The frustrating part is we know good Star Wars stories can still be told and be profitable. I read the Plagueis novel a few weeks ago and it's great. Couldn't put it down.

Back