Star Wars Rebels on DisneyXD

Anyone else see the Rebels characters hidden in Rouge One? You see Chopper twice running around the rebel base, you see the Ghost ship parked and over the intercom they call for General Syndulla. I would love to see the Rebels characters in the new movies.

It looks like the Ghost ship goes inside the last planet where all the action is. It goes through the planet shield gate. I think though...My memory is fuzzy on it as i had only seen the movie once. I have to rewatch it or have they confirmed they breached the planet?

Mid season trailer with Obi-Wan!

giphy.gif

dayummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Obi Wan and darth maul rematch!?! What!

Show is a 7/10 overall with some episodes being 9+. Twilight of the Apprentice was fucking DOPE.

I wish they would make each episode tie into the overall narrative more. Most of the episodes are just the crew going on some side mission that has no impact whatsoever on the overall narrative. They should stop doing that and get more of a continuous narrative going. I also wish the episodes themselves would be more heavy, more epic, like the way that trailer portrays things. Instead things are pretty light and child like most of the time. I realize it's a kids show but yeah...

Anyone else see the Rebels characters hidden in Rouge One? You see Chopper twice running around the rebel base, you see the Ghost ship parked and over the intercom they call for General Syndulla. I would love to see the Rebels characters in the new movies.
No reason Ezra shouldn't be in the new trilogy at the very least.

Love this show. Anyone else find the Twi'lek chicks kinda hot in a weird way?

I gave it a few episodes and while I didn't mind the animation I really don't get the appeal. Same goes for the the new books/comics, tried it out and it's largely terrible. I didn't like the new movie either but that's judged by a whole different standard.

I'll try to power through the Ewok movies before ever coming back to Rebels and Clone Wars, and I was planning on watching all of them but now I just don't care.

Speaking of Thrawn, i'm on the third book of the trilogy......and they kinda suck.

debbie-downer.jpg
What Star Wars stuff are you into besides the original trilogy? I grew up on the original trilogy and X-Wing games.

I gave it a few episodes and while I didn't mind the animation I really don't get the appeal. Same goes for the the new books/comics, tried it out and it's largely terrible. I didn't like the new movie either but that's judged by a whole different standard.

I'll try to power through the Ewok movies before ever coming back to Rebels and Clone Wars, and I was planning on watching all of them but now I just don't care.

Speaking of Thrawn, i'm on the third book of the trilogy......and they kinda suck.

debbie-downer.jpg

I curse you with impotence.

The series finale should crossover with the events of Rogue One.

I actually really like this show. Dave Filoni has done a solid job with it. Knew he worked on the Clone Wars but just found out he did work on Avatar: The Last Airbender as well.

The show has done less filler episodes than Clone Wars and the voice acting and character development has been solid. It's a solid watch.

I actually really like this show. Dave Filoni has done a solid job with it. Knew he worked on the Clone Wars but just found out he did work on Avatar: The Last Airbender as well.

The show has done less filler episodes than Clone Wars and the voice acting and character development has been solid. It's a solid watch.

Agreed. Folks also have to remember Filoni now gets his marching orders from Disney. So there will always be episodes that feel lighter in tone than Clone Wars. I just accept it and focus on the narrative of the story.

So is there any chance Snoke could be Maul? Seems unlikely, but I'm liking how they are handling him in Rebels, and how he hates both sides.

Well..........tonight was the Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul rematch. There's no spoilers as to who won, and I was like....
{<Mcgoat}
<{JustBleed}>
<This7>
<{natewhut}>

Then I was like.......
<1>
{<doc}
<{hmmm}>
<{walkerwhut}>
<bball1>
<{hfved}>
<{CMPALM}>
<{cruzshake}>
<{hughesimpress}>
<{nope}>

Well..........tonight was the Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul rematch. There's no spoilers as to who won, and I was like....
{<Mcgoat}
<{JustBleed}>
<This7>
<{natewhut}>

Then I was like.......
<1>
{<doc}
<{hmmm}>
<{walkerwhut}>
<bball1>
<{hfved}>
<{CMPALM}>
<{cruzshake}>
<{hughesimpress}>
<{nope}>
Ya what a let down. I was like that was it?

Really disappointing season. I've a couple of episodes behind but most of the season has been background noise while I did other stuff around the house. I trust OP's taste so I'm looking forward to the season finale.

Ya what a let down. I was like that was it?
Yes very anti climatic. Maul was tired though. Ben switched into three different styles to confuse maul.

Opens in sorsesu, then shii cho, and settled for an ataru stance. Maul opened way too aggressive. Tried to use the same move that killed Qui Gon but got countered.

debbie-downer.jpg

tumblr_oj6t1pG3To1tylq7eo1_500.gif

I have some theories, that may contain spoilers. It involves the series, and goes into the future of the movies, so read with caution.

So is Sabine going to Obi wan's Daughter? The secret love child from Obi Wan and Satine? We learned more about Sabine's family, but could it be that she was adopted, to hide her from the Deathwatch hating Mandalores. Seems like she could hook up with Ezra in the near future, and they could be the parents of Rey. Timeline would make sense, and would bring the Kenobi's and Skywalker back together(like the force wants!) Obi Wan Grandaughter, returns Luke's lightsaber, like Obi Wan who gave him his fathers. Am I crazy, or is this a common theory?

Last edited:
Season 3 hasn't been very good, although the show has been hit-or-miss since it started. I'm a big enough Star Wars fan to continue following it though.

Obi Wan was ready for Maul, and was far beyond the green apprentice he was when they first fought. War veteran, battled Vader, Grievance, etc. I actually kinda liked the fact that their battle was anti-climatic, though like many episodes, it felt lacking.

I have some theories, that may contain spoilers. It involves the series, and goes into the future of the movies, so read with caution.

So is Sabine going to Obi wan's Daughter? The secret love child from Obi Wan and Satine? He learned more about Sabine's family, but could it be that she was adopted, to hide her from the Deathwatch hating Mandalores. Seems like she could hook up with Ezra in the near future, and they could be the parents of Rey. Timeline would make sense, and would bring the Kenobi's and Skywalker back together(like the force wants!) Obi Wan Grandaughter, returns Luke's lightsaber, like Obi Wan who gave him his fathers. Am I crazy, or is this a common theory?
I haven't heard that before but it's an interesting theory and is chronologically plausible. Hard to say.

Season 3 hasn't been very good, although the show has been hit-or-miss since it started. I'm a big enough Star Wars fan to continue following it though.

Obi Wan was ready for Maul, and was far beyond the green apprentice he was when they first fought. War veteran, battled Vader, Grievance, etc. I actually kinda liked the fact that their battle was anti-climatic, though like many episodes, it felt lacking.
I like he used his stance from Episode 1, then the stance he used to kill Grievance, and finally his mentor's stance. Maul was fueled by revenge, but seemed ready to die. Obi Wan was a Jedi Master and was free of emotion. He knew his mission to protect Luke was in danger, and was ready to finish Maul.

I like he used his stance from Episode 1, then the stance he used to kill Grievance, and finally his mentor's stance. Maul was fueled by revenge, but seemed ready to die. Obi Wan was a Jedi Master and was free of emotion. He knew his mission to protect Luke was in danger, and was ready to finish Maul.

Yeah, but come on. I can understand being tired, but the level of hate should have been enough to at least have a battle on the caliber of last seasons finale. This was weak sauce. And the whole "avenge us" thing just left me feeling confused.

Back