Star Wars Rebels on DisneyXD

Epic, I'm starting to appreciate these shows a lot more now after seeing the sequels.

So, what exactly is canon in the SW universe? I've casually seen the movies, but my oldest son's interest in the movies and now shows has me trying to understand what is relevant and what isn't since he's always asking questions (he's 6). Outside of books or whatever, do the cartoons (CW, Resistance, Rebels) add any depth to the movies, or are they similar to side missions in GTA where it's likely not important, but adds to the story just a bit?

I legit liked Rebels more than Clone Wars. Clone Wars was able to get by with beloved characters, but Rebels was able to get you to care about new characters. Also way less filler than Clone Wars.

If Rebels was supposed to be Canon they should have given Ezra a role in the trilogy. Del Toro could have been Ezra in TLJ n IMO should have been.

So, what exactly is canon in the SW universe? I've casually seen the movies, but my oldest son's interest in the movies and now shows has me trying to understand what is relevant and what isn't since he's always asking questions (he's 6). Outside of books or whatever, do the cartoons (CW, Resistance, Rebels) add any depth to the movies, or are they similar to side missions in GTA where it's likely not important, but adds to the story just a bit?
The movies are all canon. The Clone War animated series, Rebels, and Resistance are canon. The Mandalorian is canon. I think they all add to the story. TCW fills in a lot of holes and Rebels has some surprises for you.
I think there are some canonical books as well, but idk what those are.

The rule is movies Trump all.
Aside from that the TV series, clone wars, rebels, resistance, and the mandalorian. Plus the novels, and comics since Disney bought star wars is Canon. I believe fallen Jedi order is also canon

All old books, games, comics and games are not.

Well until they are, Revan is Canon again after episode ix, but other Kotor things aren't yet...

The rule is movies Trump all.
Aside from that the TV series, clone wars, rebels, resistance, and the mandalorian. Plus the novels, and comics since Disney bought star wars is Canon. I believe fallen Jedi order is also canon

All old books, games, comics and games are not.

Well until they are, Revan is Canon again after episode ix, but other Kotor things aren't yet...
Since the sequel movies had so much copycatting, why doesn't Disney just copy the stuff word for word from the videogames and books banished to Legends status?

I legit liked Rebels more than Clone Wars. Clone Wars was able to get by with beloved characters, but Rebels was able to get you to care about new characters. Also way less filler than Clone Wars.
The Rebels characters were for sure more likeable than the Clone Wars character portrayals. Rebels has a different feel than Clone Wars.

Finished Rebels on Disney+. They seemed to portray Thrawn as an intellectual gay, but puzzled why such a smart guy would be loyal to Emperor. I would have thought someone like that would aim to become top dog. I wonder if Thrawn was a Force user, but kept that secret. Ezra was a true hero. They had some episodes hint that he might turn dark, but then just dropped that idea. Could have used more explanation why Kanan suddenly cut his hair after having some chat with a big Loth Wolf. It's like he knew he wasn't coming back. The portal world where Ezra & Ahsoka ran around in the dark was weird, as was the scene with hologram of friendly sad old man Emperor trying to get Ezra to press something to reunite with his parents. Not sure what was going on there. Sabine was worthy of the Mandalorian badass reputation.

Tried to start binging Clone Wars afterwards and seemed like Disney+ had some background music I didn't remember from the Cartoon Network airings.

If anything needs a continuation, it's Star Wars Rebels.

Finished Rebels on Disney+. They seemed to portray Thrawn as an intellectual gay, but puzzled why such a smart guy would be loyal to Emperor. I would have thought someone like that would aim to become top dog. I wonder if Thrawn was a Force user, but kept that secret. Ezra was a true hero. They had some episodes hint that he might turn dark, but then just dropped that idea. Could have used more explanation why Kanan suddenly cut his hair after having some chat with a big Loth Wolf. It's like he knew he wasn't coming back. The portal world where Ezra & Ahsoka ran around in the dark was weird, as was the scene with hologram of friendly sad old man Emperor trying to get Ezra to press something to reunite with his parents. Not sure what was going on there. Sabine was worthy of the Mandalorian badass reputation.

Tried to start binging Clone Wars afterwards and seemed like Disney+ had some background music I didn't remember from the Cartoon Network airings.

If anything needs a continuation, it's Star Wars Rebels.
Thrawn was Sent by his people, the Chiss Ascendency, to learn about the empire, and evaluate them as potential allies. He's sort of a double agent, he is serving the empire, but he knows there is a much larger threat looming in the unknown regions, that his people will need help with. There are some great Thrawn novels.

After seeing Rogue One having legendary status here, rewatched it and noticed during the Yavin 4 (?) base scene, they paged Cpt. Syndulla (Hera from Rebels).

After seeing Rogue One having legendary status here, rewatched it and noticed during the Yavin 4 (?) base scene, they paged Cpt. Syndulla (Hera from Rebels).
Yes, you also see chopper at one point.

The ghost was also next to the Falcon in Rise of Skywalker

I saw a rumor in a Star Wars toy website, maybe Jedi Business Talk's article asking for 3.75" figures, suggesting a follow up cartoon for Rebels might be in the pipeline. I hope so. I like the Rebels characters.

Just work from this list as a starter.....

https://nerdist.com/article/star-wars-canon-timeline-2/

If Rebels was supposed to be Canon they should have given Ezra a role in the trilogy. Del Toro could have been Ezra in TLJ n IMO should have been.
You keep Ezra away from that train wreck that is called the new trilogy. He deserves better than that crap.

Chopper too....
PHudQHfazEiRyu_1_l.jpg

I’m wondering if they’ll include the Mandolorian girl from Rebels in the Mandolorian show.
Maybe she is the blacksmith?

I’m wondering if they’ll include the Mandolorian girl from Rebels in the Mandolorian show.
Maybe she is the blacksmith?
While that would be some cool fan service, I doubt it. Sabine was way too colorful a character to become some holed away armorer. I very much hope Filoni is making an Ahsoka/Sabine animated series to find Ezra and Thrawn.

Are the animated series (CW, Rebels, Resistance) on Disney+? Still not sure if I want to subscribe yet, but I'm sure my oldest would be up for it since he likes the toons

Are the animated series (CW, Rebels, Resistance) on Disney+? Still not sure if I want to subscribe yet, but I'm sure my oldest would be up for it since he likes the toons

If you take a look intuitive your smart devices, some of them come with an offer of up to 3 months of Disney for free.

I didn't commit where I saw it to memory because I'd already signed up , but I believe it was Chromebook devices.

I would assume everyone but apple would have something similar.

Yes all on it.

Back