Star Wars Rebels on DisneyXD

^I could see how you could say it looks slightly “off” or w/e, but they took a stylized approach, like samurai jack.

I much prefer it to the 3d cgi, not to mention it’s nonstop action.

oh yeah it seems the Gwendy Tartakovsky’s, clone wars is much superior story telling wise, and yes its action man stuff! That scene where Mace Windu destroyed all that droid deckas and gave Grievious a heart attack or asthma!

I have started the rebels thing binge watching it right now, I am enjoying it, specially the episode where they have to rescue Luminara Urdula but realize they are just keeping her bones or mummy in that coffin! kinda dark and I like that.

I have tried to read online and it seems there are different fan theories how they killed/executed her.

Some say she was stabbed by the inquisitor some says she was torrtured and then put in that boxed and got gassed.

I think she got raped too. damn !

oh yeah it seems the Gwendy Tartakovsky’s, clone wars is much superior story telling wise, and yes its action man stuff! That scene where Mace Windu destroyed all that droid deckas and gave Grievious a heart attack or asthma!

I have started the rebels thing binge watching it right now, I am enjoying it, specially the episode where they have to rescue Luminara Urdula but realize they are just keeping her bones or mummy in that coffin! kinda dark and I like that.

I have tried to read online and it seems there are different fan theories how they killed/executed her.

Some say she was stabbed by the inquisitor some says she was torrtured and then put in that boxed and got gassed.

I think she got raped too. damn !

You watch too much Game of Thrones :)

I hated the first season of the Clone Wars cartoon and didn't finish it. Now years later I liked Rebels and was told Clone Wars gets better so I jumped to season 2 and it is definitely better. There are definitely some clunker episodes (pretty much anything that delves too much into the politics e.g. Padme-centric episodes, are crap) but there are also a lot of good episodes. Some of the clone-centric stuff is pretty good and there is a lot of good Jedi stuff.

I'm watching Clone Wars because thats what netflix has and im kinda bored.

You watch too much Game of Thrones :)

I hated the first season of the Clone Wars cartoon and didn't finish it. Now years later I liked Rebels and was told Clone Wars gets better so I jumped to season 2 and it is definitely better. There are definitely some clunker episodes (pretty much anything that delves too much into the politics e.g. Padme-centric episodes, are crap) but there are also a lot of good episodes. Some of the clone-centric stuff is pretty good and there is a lot of good Jedi stuff.
Frankly, even though the Clone Wars movie isn't great, I think the series is better experienced for initial viewers in the chronological order rather than the actual order:
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

Frankly, even though the Clone Wars movie isn't great, I think the series is better experienced for initial viewers in the chronological order rather than the actual order:
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder
I watched in the order that Netflix had it presented, never went back and saw it in that order. Interesting thing with that list is they had Dark Disciple in there. That's one of my fave books, I wish that would've made it into the series, I guess that's when the series was cancelled. But anyone who is a Star Wars fan should check out that book. Absolutely phenomenal, Quinlan Vos and Asajj Ventress teaming up

This thread is probably the most positive Star Wars threads on this forum. I love Rebels but it has a lot of haters too, but they don't come in here thankfully. Kinda wanted to do a Star Wars canon book thread as I know there are quite a few that read them. Whether it be the books or comics, a lot of this new stuff being put out there is great. Currently for me, I'm on Heir to the Jedi, which is one of the first new canon books or maybe the first. I've bounced all around the time line so I'm liking getting back to a book that has Luke, just after A New Hope and trying to figure things out. Great read so far

And for the comic readers, the latest issue of Vader was great. Tarkin has a team and they're hunting Vader

In Season 2, why did the first Inquisitor killed end up in the Jedi temple as a temple guard? I'm talking about the scene where Kanan ends up in a room like in Matrix "I know kung fu" scene where Neo fights Morpheus. How does a bad guy die and end up a Jedi temple guard who knights Kanan?

In Season 2, why did the first Inquisitor killed end up in the Jedi temple as a temple guard? I'm talking about the scene where Kanan ends up in a room like in Matrix "I know kung fu" scene where Neo fights Morpheus. How does a bad guy die and end up a Jedi temple guard who knights Kanan?

That's what he once was before he was turned

But he died a bad guy. He seemed solid state as a Jedi temple guard, not ghost.

While in the temple, Jarrus entered a vision in which he saw a Jedi Temple Guard known as the Sentinel within a dojo.[6] Unknown to Jarrus, this was a vision conjured by Yoda of the Grand Inquisitor, as the Jedi he once was.[38] The Sentinel warned Jarrus that Bridger would fall to the dark side of the Force and that the boy had to be eliminated. Jarrus refused and the two engaged in a lightsaber duel. By the end of the duel, Jarrus refused to fight any further and admitted that while he may not be able to protect Bridger forever, he would continue to do his best to train him. The Sentinel looked as if he was about to strike Jarrus down but instead performed the knighting ritual. Then he removed his mask to reveal the face of the Grand Inquisitor. Jarrus asked what everything that had happened meant, and the Sentinel said that it meant Jarrus was now a Jedi Knight, as the Grand Inquisitor once was. As the Seventh Sister and the Fifth Brother descended on the temple, the Sentinel told Jarrus to flee and said he would hold off the enemy. The vision of the Sentinel, flanked by other Jedi Temple Guards, surrounded the two Inquisitors as Jarrus, Bridger, and Tano fled from the Jedi Temple.[6]

<Fedor23>

Yeah, it was basically all Yoda's doing. The Grand Inquisitor never had a redemption moment in Rebels. And in the Darth Vader comic book. He was turned to the dark side before the fall of the Jedi and order 66.

Would have been easier for Yoda to just talk in riddles than go through all that trouble.

I kinda feel that the grand inquisitors fell flat with me. Even in the marvel comic book series they’re featured in feel lame to me. They’re bootleg

I kinda feel that the grand inquisitors fell flat with me. Even in the marvel comic book series they’re featured in feel lame to me. They’re bootleg
Right. Seems very anti Sith to train so many people to act like Sith.

The only Star Wars cartoon worth watching is Genndy Tartakovsky’s, “Clone Wars” (2003). Volume 1 & 2.

Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars-Original-Series-Volume-1-2.jpg

This animated series was released before “Revenge of the Sith” and leads directly into the final movie of the prequels.

I never could force myself to watch the terrible looking 3d cgi, “The Clone Wars” (2008). Imo, it’s nothing but a 6 season, retcon money grab; devoid of anything compelling. From what I’ve seen of the new Disney 3d cgi cartoon, I’d say it’s probably slightly better than the clone wars one, still not watching it tho.
You didn't watch the 2008 series yet have an opinion on it? The 2003 series was okay but 2008 series had far more depth and better storytelling. Not even close to a cash grab and you're in an almost non-existent minority who thinks it's bad (because it's not). Its way better than the Disney show.

Legitimately one of the worst takes I've seen.

I'm liking Star Wars Rebels much more than Clone Wars CGI. The characters are more likeable. The dialogue is way less snooty.

On paper, I should like Clone Wars better because of Jedi and troopers.

Liked Clone Wars ....... no so much the first season but after it actually got better. Just started watching rebels an its pretty addictive Already on to season 3. Was hoping for a little more dialogue with Asoka an Vader but was decent. Maul is decent in it so far as well.

Heard resistance sucks tho.

Liked Clone Wars ....... no so much the first season but after it actually got better. Just started watching rebels an its pretty addictive Already on to season 3. Was hoping for a little more dialogue with Asoka an Vader but was decent. Maul is decent in it so far as well.

Heard resistance sucks tho.
Resistance has good animation, but that's about it. Shit characters, shit stories. It's like Disney doesn't put much thought into who they let work on Star Wars.

Back