Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Reveal 13th April

And why would they shutter a studio? Because it was profitable? Like they're just an evil corporation that wants to shut down game developers for no reason?

DA: 2 wasnt nearly as bad as people make it out to be and Inquisition was a GOTY contender.

Let's just wait and see. I'm willing to bet Respawn puts out a pretty goddamn good action game.

Biowares struggles have been internal. Not because of EA.

EA is evil yes I don't know why you're asking me that or need confirmation for it. They're a cancer to the gaming industry anyone with half a brain knows this, its not new information, no need to be an EA apologist. Lol, and yes DA 2 was nearly as bad as people made it out to be unless you're just that easily and mindlessly entertained by mediocrity.

They buy up companies make them crunch their time on development and run them until there yearly releases are no longer profitable because they're basically the same thing with slight tweaks because they don't get enough time to make a proper game. Or they end up being cheap asset flips like there yearly sports games that don't change at all and drip feed content so you have to buy one every year and they end up putting too much time into game modes like UT for the dumb whales who gamble thousands of dollars on these things.

They will basically kill off any game nowadays that isn't bringing in the dough with microtransactions. I'd just temper your expectations is all when it comes to the game considering pretty much everything EA has had anything to do with outside Apex has been a complete and total dumpster fire. Myself, I tend to go with the reality of the situation rather than the anomaly that was apex.

Except there are no micro transactions. But with no gameplay at the "reveal" and a December release it smells like EA forcing it out
I'll believe that when Hutts fly.

Are you trying to be intentionally misleading or do you really not know that much on that subject? You are aware of how many companies EA has shuttered over the years, correct? Im pretty sure its 20+.

Just out of curiosity I looked it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acquisitions_by_Electronic_Arts

Since the 90's theyve bought out over 40 developers.

8 have been shut down. 7 of those on or before 2004.

This is what I mean. 20+ companies? lol. Theres a whole lot of blame you can put at EAs feet. But they arent evil boogeyman that buy up developers to suck out their souls and leave their dead husks in a ravine to appease their satanic gods.

Just out of curiosity I looked it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acquisitions_by_Electronic_Arts

Since the 90's theyve bought out over 40 developers.

8 have been shut down. 7 of those on or before 2004.

This is what I mean. 20+ companies? lol. Theres a whole lot of blame you can put at EAs feet. But they arent evil boogeyman that buy up developers to suck out their souls and leave their dead husks in a ravine to appease their satanic gods.

giphy.gif

And why would they shutter a studio? Because it was profitable? Like they're just an evil corporation that wants to shut down game developers for no reason?

DA: 2 wasnt nearly as bad as people make it out to be and Inquisition was a GOTY contender.

Let's just wait and see. I'm willing to bet Respawn puts out a pretty goddamn good action game.

Biowares struggles have been internal. Not because of EA.

but they're part of the problem

but they're part of the problem

With Bioware? After the latest reports it doesnt really seem like it. I dont see how EA is causing the internal strife Bioware is apparently going through and its lack of vision.

Now if its not liking their DLC and whatnot. OK, I get that. But all the stress leave? Lack of direction from leadership and the former general manager admitting that Bioware was suffering from a lack of creative vision seems to be pretty much Biowares fault.

With Bioware? After the latest reports it doesnt really seem like it. I dont see how EA is causing the internal strife Bioware is apparently going through and its lack of vision.

Now if its not liking their DLC and whatnot. OK, I get that. But all the stress leave? Lack of direction from leadership and the former general manager admitting that Bioware was suffering from a lack of creative vision seems to be pretty much Biowares fault.
It was reported that they reassigned Bioware staff that had experience on Frostbite to work on Fifa, and that Bioware generally did not have priority access to the developers at Dice when they had questions about the engine (an engine they were being forced to use by EA). I'd agree that EA doesn't deserve the bulk of the blame, but they certainly share a big chunk of it.

It was reported that they reassigned Bioware staff that had experience on Frostbite to work on Fifa, and that Bioware generally did not have priority access to the developers at Dice when they had questions about the engine (an engine they were being forced to use by EA). I'd agree that EA doesn't deserve the bulk of the blame, but they certainly share a big chunk of it.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/bioware-ea-frostbite-engine

During an interview with Kotaku (via wccftech) at this year’s GCD, for Kotaku’s Splitscreen podcast, Flynn (former Bioware General Manager) revealed it was not EA’s decision to use the Frostbite engine for Mass Effect: Andromeda.

“It was our decision. We had been wrapping up Mass Effect 3 and we just shipped Dragon Age II and we knew that our Eclipse engine, that we shipped DAII on, wasn’t going to cut it for the future iterations of Dragon Age,” Flynn clarified. “It couldn’t do open world, the renderer wasn’t strong enough, those were the two big ones. We thought about multiplayer as well, as Eclipse was single-player only.

“We talked internally about three options. We could have burned down Eclipse and started something new internally, we could have gone with Unreal Engine, or we could have picked Frostbite which had shown some really promising results on the rendering side of things and it was multiplayer enabled.”

https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964
Frostbite is a video game engine, or a suite of technology that is used to make a game. Created by the EA-owned Swedish studio DICE in order to make Battlefield shooters, the Frostbite engine became ubiquitous across Electronic Arts this past decade thanks to an initiative led by former executive Patrick Söderlund to get all of its studios on the same technology. (By using Frostbite rather than a third-party engine like Unreal, those studios could share knowledge and save a whole lot of money in licensing fees.) BioWare first shifted to Frostbite for Dragon Age: Inquisition in 2011, which caused massive problems for that team. Many of the features those developers had taken for granted in previous engines, like a save-load system and a third-person camera, simply did not exist in Frostbite, which meant that the Inquisition team had to build them all from scratch. Mass Effect: Andromeda ran into similar issues. Surely the third time would be the charm?
Even if you want to argue against my use of forced, EA still didn't provide Bioware the support they needed to effectively use Frostbite (which was at least encouraged). I think it was forced on them; the article just has too many complaints about dealing with the engine for anything else to really make sense.

Last edited:
I don't really get it. They showed a cinematic trailer and people are bitching about not seeing gameplay. If they showed gameplay, those same people would be bitching about not seeing anything about the story.

"Who cares about the story, I wanna see gameplay!"

Or

"Who care about gameplay if the story is shit and doesn't reel me in and make me wanna play!"

Bingo. EA is relying solely on graphics and ip's now. Fallen Order will have fewer actual gameplay features than Jedi Academy did. Screenshot this post.
Jedi Acadamy had a lot of gameplay features I liked.

The different saber combat styles and being able to switch them mid combat etc.

I’ll be severely let down if it’s not at least as good as Jedi Acadamy

That's mighty optimistic of you and I'll happily eat my words if I'm wrong and this game turns out to be good with no microtransactions but it just ain't happening. Theyre a live service company now, games are made for the sole intention of shoehorning microtransactions in with that company. Lol
In a single player story mode game I could careless if there are thousands of micro transactions other people buy, unless they make them important to the game and unubtainable through finding them through game play I don’t care.

Also is the trailer up anywhere else? I can’t get the one posted here to play, it says “offline”

In a single player story mode game I could careless if there are thousands of micro transactions other people buy, unless they make them important to the game and unubtainable through finding them through game play I don’t care.

My concern more is them tacking on a half baked multiplayer mode that takes time and resources away from the actual single player game and results in a bit of a subpar experience all around, all for the sake of microtransactions.

I hate to be that guy, but I dont trust anything with EA anywhere near it. I'll wait and see, like always shit will hit the fan closer to release date. EA is not in the industry of single player games anymore, they are a "live service" now dealing with games that make them money through live services. Don't think that will change now all of a sudden. Lol

Amazon t-shirt image.

zpioidvefor21.jpg

This is completely unrelated but I have to just say after all this time your avatar frustrates the fuck out of me.

Like I can't stand it. I see that and it just turns me into a rhino

Gameplay reveal tomorrow. A sneak peak today,

still wont get it more then likely. its Ea they've fucked up 5 games in a row... including both star wars BattleShit 2

Eh it's Respawn, and they seem to have some ability to tell EA to backoff with Apex, and TF2 was amazing.

Definitely not a day 1 buy but I'll see how much EA gets their grubby hands into it first.

Decisions decisions.

I know I’ll have to get it, but for Pc or Xbox. Probably Xbox as I know the kids will want to play it,

Anyone know what time today the full trailer will release?

Back