Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Reveal 13th April

A "leak" was posted recently that compares the gameplay to the Jedi Knight series, The Force Unleashed and Uncharted. Dark Souls/Sekiro was also mentioned in another rumor.

Not really sure what to expect but EA have wasted the Star Wars license up until now and i really hope they finally do something worthwhile with this game. No fucking microtransactions to change lightsaber colours.

So is this a real adventure game or more of that BS multiplayer => lazy campaign from the Battlefield games? Those games sucked so much because the potential was there but they went with the multiplayer focus and ruined it. Why would a Star Wars game need to be multiplayer focused? It makes no sense.

Respawn has been killing it lately so I’ll be cautiously optimistic about this.

I'll reserve any excitement until we see something concrete. Force Unleashed games weren't very great, and I haven't enjoyed a Star Wars game since Jedi Outcast II / Jedi Academy. Those were the first games where I felt like my character actually had a light saber rather than just a glowing sword.

Also, published by EA...so yeah, expect to pay more than $60 for the entire game (though I don't have a problem with it if the game is good).

My favorites are so damn old, Jedi Knight II and Shadows of the Empire. I just thought they were damn good single player adventures. Even many years later, they held up.

Scratch that. It was Dark Forces II. Game was beast. Shadows of the Empire was also brilliant.

Jesus who gives a fuck about cinematic trailers or in game cinematics anymore? What fucking year is it? Fuck off EA

Jesus who gives a fuck about cinematic trailers or in game cinematics anymore? What fucking year is it? Fuck off EA

This. I'm so sick of CG trailers. I don't even know if I want the game because all I got was a CG trailer. What kind of game is it? What's the gameplay like?

I just finished the Battlefront 2 campaign and it's funny how the CG scenes look worse than the actual game now. Just do story IN game at this point.

So it'll be a Titanfall reskin?

Bingo. EA is relying solely on graphics and ip's now. Fallen Order will have fewer actual gameplay features than Jedi Academy did. Screenshot this post.

Wow nice trailer. Obviously have to wait for gameplay footage tho

giphy.gif

Remember the good old days when story driven and no micro transactions are considered normal.

I hope this game can deliver comparable experiences like Knight of the old republic I and II.

Respawn has been killing it lately so I’ll be cautiously optimistic about this.

Same boat. I picked up Titanfall 2 on a whim for a sale and was blown away by the campaign. And Apex Legends has been an overwhelming success. I understand "Fuck EA", but until Respawn makes a misstep I dont see a reason not to be excited.

But to be fair, Im a star wars fanboy through and through. I loved the trailer even though it had no gameplay. I loved the aesthetics and the overall dark, oppressive tone. If they can produce a single player campaign in the Star Wars vein thats on par with Titanfall 2, or even specifically the "Effect and Cause" mission from that campaign (which was a masterpiece) this will be a fantastic single player experience. The very things gamers are frequently saying they yearn for, but some are now saying they wont purchase because of reasons that have nothing to do with the developers track record.

Lol its EA game is still gonna suck ass and they will definitely find a way to fuck it up into a dumpster fire like everything else they do, those fuckers have a license to print money with Star Wars and they keep fucking it up like the retards they are.

FYI it's gonna be full of microtransactions, EA isn't making games anymore they're making live services to get at your wallet.

Lol its EA game is still gonna suck ass and they will definitely find a way to fuck it up into a dumpster fire like everything else they do, those fuckers have a license to print money with Star Wars and they keep fucking it up like the retards they are.

FYI it's gonna be full of microtransactions, EA isn't making games anymore they're making live services to get at your wallet.
Except there are no micro transactions. But with no gameplay at the "reveal" and a December release it smells like EA forcing it out

Except there are no micro transactions. But with no gameplay at the "reveal" and a December release it smells like EA forcing it out

That's mighty optimistic of you and I'll happily eat my words if I'm wrong and this game turns out to be good with no microtransactions but it just ain't happening. Theyre a live service company now, games are made for the sole intention of shoehorning microtransactions in with that company. Lol

Every Respawn game under EA has been good to great.

Bruh they've released 1 game since being purchased by EA. Lol
I guess you're right. I was mixing up being bought by EA with being Origin exclusive. Apex Legends is great, though. Without a hint of pay to win.

I guess you're right. I was mixing up being bought by EA with being Origin exclusive. Apex Legends is great, though. Without a hint of pay to win.

Apex is good game but so was mass effect 2 and DA Origins which I both believe were released under EA, and look at bioware now, clinging to its last shreds of staying alive. If the new DA isnt the grandest success ever, which is highly unlikely, RIP bioware.

I just go with what history has shown us personally, and by the looks of it no matter what once EA purchases you you're on borrowed time and the quality of your games will drastically dip over time. I have 0 faith in anything EA does, and deservedly so.

Apex is good game but so was mass effect 2 and DA Origins which I both believe were released under EA, and look at bioware now, clinging to its last shreds of staying alive. If the new DA isnt the grandest success ever, which is highly unlikely, RIP bioware.

I just go with what history has shown us personally, and by the looks of it no matter what once EA purchases you you're on borrowed time and the quality of your games will drastically dip over time. I have 0 faith in anything EA does, and deservedly so.

But I think that ignores all of the internal strife that Bioware has had thats coming out lately that has apparently little to do with EA. EA sports games still seem to be doing well. It feels like Bioware is the biggest example of a dev that gets bought up and turns to shit. But recent articles indicate the fault lies more with Bioware itself.

Shit happens with developers. They make a lousy game or subpar game. Some of them even go under. You can blame EA for nickel and diming DLC or microtransactions, but at the end of the day they arent the puppetmasters theyre made out to be. Bioware was free to do its thing and they fucked themselves.

But I think that ignores all of the internal strife that Bioware has had thats coming out lately that has apparently little to do with EA. EA sports games still seem to be doing well. It feels like Bioware is the biggest example of a dev that gets bought up and turns to shit. But recent articles indicate the fault lies more with Bioware itself.

Shit happens with developers. They make a lousy game or subpar game. Some of them even go under. You can blame EA for nickel and diming DLC or microtransactions, but at the end of the day they arent the puppetmasters theyre made out to be. Bioware was free to do its thing and they fucked themselves.

Are you trying to be intentionally misleading or do you really not know that much on that subject? You are aware of how many companies EA has shuttered over the years, correct? Im pretty sure its 20+.

Bioware it didn't just start recently either. It started all the way back at mass effect 3/DA 2 and has been snowballing ever since and the company as a whole has been getting worse.

EA sports games do well because EA has exclusive license and are the only one that is really able to do high profile sports games with the brand name. EA isn't in the business of making good games, they're in the business of milking the consumer and buying the competition out. What was EA's solution when 2k released a football game that was twice as good there's for half the price? It wasn't to go out and make a good game that's for sure, and this is 2005-6 were talking. They've only gotten exponentially worse since then as a company.

Are you trying to be intentionally misleading or do you really not know that much on that subject? You are aware of how many companies EA has shuttered over the years, correct? Im pretty sure its 20+.

Bioware it didn't just start recently either. It started all the way back at mass effect 3/DA 2 and has been snowballing ever since and the company as a whole has been getting worse.

EA sports games do well because EA has exclusive license and are the only one that is really able to do high profile sports games with the brand name. EA isn't in the business of making good games, they're in the business of milking the consumer and buying the competition out. What was EA's solution when 2k released a football game that was twice as good there's for half the price? It wasn't to go out and make a good game that's for sure, and this is 2005-6 were talking. They've only gotten exponentially worse since then as a company.

And why would they shutter a studio? Because it was profitable? Like they're just an evil corporation that wants to shut down game developers for no reason?

DA: 2 wasnt nearly as bad as people make it out to be and Inquisition was a GOTY contender.

Let's just wait and see. I'm willing to bet Respawn puts out a pretty goddamn good action game.

Biowares struggles have been internal. Not because of EA.

Back