(Star Wars) Brie Larson is rumored to be Mara Jade in the next movie

Wasn't Brie signed off to be the new leader of the Avengers as well? I mean what the hell. Let's take a one dimensional character out of one of the most poorly reviewed MCU movies, give her a bigger role and just run with it.

Smells like clickbait "rumor". So far Favreau has been casting pretty wisely. So they offer the role to the actress their fanbase is growing steadily annoyed with prior to offering it to the actress that has been arguably the most popular choice with the fans to play the character? Horse shit.

They're throwing out Larson's name because they know she'll generate furious anger clicks.

Well people may get irritated by Brie’s social media comments, but I’ve always liked her as an actress and she seems like a cool person. I think, if anything, Feige and Disney kind of vindicated her a bit here. A lot of people were saying that the other MCU folks didn't get along well with her. I never bought that. A lot of it was body language based during interviews and I feel that's only a notch above judging whether Fighter X looked shook at the weigh ins...

The notion that they are interested in working with Larson again seems telling. They wouldn't be gung ho about it if they had been contentious during the making of Cap Marvel/Endgame.

Hopefully Snowflake and Safespace new Marvel heroes will join her in this new adventure!

I don't get it... I mean what plot does she have. Most of her story was her with Luke, and then being killed by her nephew Jacen Solo. I mean considering they already did away with Luke and Jacen Solo ended up being caricatured as Kylo Ren who is also done.

Just make another character. Why try to mess up the Canon or "legends" even further.

I hope they cast an outspoken black trans feminist just to drink in all the manbaby tears that will drown the internet.

It's fucking Star Wars. The franchise has been shit for nearly four decades yet people still buy the merch and movie tickets then whine about it after. Stop giving them money.

So are they going to retcon 7, 8, and 9?

With the direction they took these movies, mara jade makes less sense than the last 4 movies, and thats being pg about it.

I don't get it... I mean what plot does she have. Most of her story was her with Luke, and then being killed by her nephew Jacen Solo. I mean considering they already did away with Luke and Jacen Solo ended up being caricatured as Kylo Ren who is also done.

Just make another character. Why try to mess up the Canon or "legends" even further.

It makes zero sense whatsoever to bring in Mara Jade after they de-canonized the EU and destroyed Luke's character in TLJ, which is why I totally believe that this rumor is true. The writers that Kathleen Kennedy has brought into Lucasfilm are some of the worst hacks that I've ever seen.

Disney knows that whatever they do, you guys will watch a movie as long as Star Wars is in the title

Don't forget about 2 years of bitching on the internet before they see it and for 2 years after they see it.

Who are "you guys?" The sequel trilogy made progressively less and less money, and Solo lost money.

OG fans are done with this franchise after TLJ, and even normies thought that TRoS was a steaming pile of shit.

The Mandalorian is okay because of Filoni and Favreau, but it's only a matter of time before Kennedy fucks that up too.

I'm never giving Lucasfilm another dime.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that hasn't watched a single Star Wars movie?

It makes zero sense whatsoever to bring in Mara Jada after they de-canonized the EU and destroyed Luke's character in TLJ, which is why I totally believe that this rumor is true. The writers that Kathleen Kennedy has brought into Lucasfilm are some of the worst hacks that I've ever seen.

Who are "you guys?" The sequel trilogy made progressively less and less money, and Solo lost money.

OG fans are done with this franchise after TLJ, and even normies thought that TRoS was a steaming pile of shit.

The Mandalorian is okay because of Filoni and Favreau, but it's only a matter of time before Kennedy fucks that up too.

I'm never giving Lucasfilm another dime.
You know its amazing that they fucked it up as bad as they did. I mean they actually had some good source material to work from with the expanded universe.
The blue prints were all there.

I actually didn't mind a new beginning part 2 (the force awakens) and Solo. They did totally lose me on TLJ though.

Last edited:
You know its amazing that they fucked it up as bad as they did. I mean they actually had some good source material to work from with the expanded universe.
The blue prints were all there.

I actually didn't mind a new beginning and Solo. They did totally lose me on TLJ though.

Solo is a highly entertaining movie in my opinion so it’s sort of a real shame that it’s the most underseen (probably)/biggest bomb of a Star Wars movie.

In my opinion, that one and Rogue One are solid, enjoyable films.

look, as far as the new trilogy goes, I enjoyed The Force Awakens as much as the next guy but I found the replay value just didn’t seem to be there. Saw it two times in theaters and the second time, I found it distinctly less enjoyable. Probably too quick between viewings. I bet I would have enjoyed the subsequent view of more time had lapsed.

TLJ- rife with problems. Not good. Frustrating movie.

but I thought Rise of Skywalker was fun. They had passed the point of no return of credibility so they just doubled down on the ludicrousness and embraced it. BUT, in my view, they made choices that immediately made it better than the predecessor. The Palps return had the feel of an 11th hour, try to appease the fans-type move but I bought it. I think McDiarmid is so good in that role, that I was on board. It never dragged. It’s a crazy film, but it could have been worse.

Back