Star Trek:Picard is free on YouTube for 1st episode.

The first TNG episode was absolutely horrible so this is promising

He's a little too old. It doesn't feel like the same character. It's still good to see him, but it's too different for me to really like.

I’m definitely going to check this out. I bet it’s good but all the fucking fanboys wanted or expected something different so they just have to shit on it.

It's got almost nothing in common with the original show. The federation seems totally understaffed. The Romulans are dogshit. So much for their big empire.

Only retards think it was bad. Fantastic episode.

Jeri Ryan still looks freaking amazing.

I'm not going to get into an argument about your post but yes it has weak points but I enjoyed the episode. I thought it did a good job of moving past the previous history of the Star Trek Next Generation while it brings back many of the original people. I thought the other Star Trek with the jumping ship was a dumpster fire but this one is getting a lot of positive reaction from people online.
I agree. Discovery is totally for emo retards that don't really have an appreciation for Star Trek canon. "Picard" isn't perfect, but it's leaps and bounds better than Discovery and does have strong connections to Star Trek canon, while still adding some modern elements.

Last edited:
It's got almost nothing in common with the original show. The federation seems totally understaffed. The Romulans are dogshit. So much for their big empire.
Understaffed? I don't know what gave you that impression. My interpretation was that Starfleet had become corrupt, which is realistic and analogous of the times. The Romulans are still villains, and working against the Federation in the shadows, but their current state makes sense considering what happened in Nemesis and then Star Trek (2009).

I haven't watched this yet but I believe the series sticks with the continuity of all Paramount Trek properties. Picard takes place only a decade or so after the supernova that destroys the Romulan homeworld mentioned in the 2009 Star Trek movie (which splits of that continuity). So they're pretty much nearly wiped out. While Star Trek empires might be wide geographically speaking it seems like most of the various races still primarily populate their homeworlds/systems including their economic and manufacturing bases (for instance the loss of the Kilingon moon was threatening their entire empire with economic collapse). So their empire is effectively in shambles.

More Jeri

Last edited:
Understaffed? I don't know what gave you that impression. My interpretation was that Starfleet had become corrupt, which is realistic and analogous of the times. The Romulans are still villains, and working against the Federation in the shadows, but their current state makes sense considering what happened in Nemesis and then Star Trek (2009).

The entire massive Romulan Star Empire can’t evacuate 900 million people from their home world without federation aid? They aren’t even a regional power anymore? Nemesis didn’t break their whole empire...at least it didn’t look like it did.

And if the Federation wasn’t understaffed compared to where it used to be, setting up a rescue mission like that wouldn’t even need to take place on Mars. Hell it wouldn’t even need to take place at all. The old federation had literally thousands of ships with large crew capacities all over the alpha and beta quadrants

The entire massive Romulan Star Empire can’t evacuate 900 million people from their home world without federation aid? They aren’t even a regional power anymore? Nemesis didn’t break their whole empire...at least it didn’t look like it did.
That is a different point, but there is some logic to it. Who really knows what that would look like though? A "star empire" suffering the fate of a super nova? Maybe they didn't have many options to relocate all 900 million residents. It sounds like a massive undertaking (especially since they didn't have a lot of friends and real estate may have been limited). But, they clearly did relocate some of the 900 million. You begin to see that they are still a "player" in regional politics in episode 2.

And if the Federation wasn’t understaffed compared to where it used to be, setting up a rescue mission like that wouldn’t even need to take place on Mars. Hell it wouldn’t even need to take place at all. The old federation had literally thousands of ships with large crew capacities all over the alpha and beta quadrants
Maybe I don't understand all of the details about what happened on Mars, but it looked to me like a pretty quick strike that resembled something like a terrorist attack. What do resources have to do with that? America had tons of resources during 9/11, but it didn't prevent the event from occurring (or the long term damage of the event).

That is a different point, but there is some logic to it. Who really knows what that would look like though? A "star empire" suffering the fate of a super nova? Maybe they didn't have many options to relocate all 900 million residents. It sounds like a massive undertaking (especially since they didn't have a lot of friends. But, they clearly did relocate some of the 900 million. You begin to see that there are still a "player" in regional politics in episode 2.

Maybe I don't understand all of the details about what happened on Mars, but it looked to me like a pretty quick strike that resembled something like a terrorist attack. What do resources have to do with that? America had tons of resources during 9/11, but it didn't prevent the event from occurring (or the long term damage of the event).

The moment one of them started shooting at Mars...I mean, there were ships right there in orbit. Picard was right there. The best officer in the federation. And how do you just “set Mars on fire” like that? They have had enemies literally full on attack Earth and Mars they couldn’t do that. The Borg didn’t with a huge cube, the Breen/Dominion didn’t with their surprise attack, and the Federation itself needed a whole genesis project to destroy planets in the earlier movies!

It might seem like I’m nitpicking. Maybe I am. Sometimes if a story is good enough it can cover up for this. But the missing shots really got me too. Like those guys beamed in and fired a bunch of blaster shots and got taken out via TV-Karate. It just felt so lame.

With TNG, DS9 I watch it and feel like “this is the best they could have done given the time and place.” Even with some of the silly Klingon brawls. The other stuff on TV were sit coms and police procedurals while TNG was coming out with classic episodes every week. I really feel like they overachieved on those given their resources and this new show doesn’t seem that way at all...

I’ll keep watching, it’s an OK show, but it’s really not for old school fans of Star Trek

The moment one of them started shooting at Mars...I mean, there were ships right there in orbit. Picard was right there. The best officer in the federation. And how do you just “set Mars on fire” like that? They have had enemies literally full on attack Earth and Mars they couldn’t do that. The Borg didn’t with a huge cube, the Breen/Dominion didn’t with their surprise attack, and the Federation itself needed a whole genesis project to destroy planets in the earlier movies!
It seems plausible that a workforce of androids could pull that off from the inside.

They were anticipating it with the Dominion.

First Contact was garbage. It's the most overrated film in the franchise. I think there was some anticipation there too though. I don't think it was a total surprise.

It might seem like I’m nitpicking. Maybe I am. Sometimes if a story is good enough it can cover up for this. But the missing shots really got me too. Like those guys beamed in and fired a bunch of blaster shots and got taken out via TV-Karate. It just felt so lame.

With TNG, DS9 I watch it and feel like “this is the best they could have done given the time and place.” Even with some of the silly Klingon brawls. The other stuff on TV were sit coms and police procedurals while TNG was coming out with classic episodes every week. I really feel like they overachieved on those given their resources and this new show doesn’t seem that way at all...

I’ll keep watching, it’s an OK show, but it’s really not for old school fans of Star Trek
To each his own. We all have different sensibilities about these things. I am not discouraged by this Picard show (yet).

It seems plausible that a workforce of androids could pull that off from the inside.

They were anticipating it with the Dominion.

First Contact was garbage. It's the most overrated film in the franchise. I think there was some anticipation there too though. I don't think it was a total surprise.

To each his own. We all have different sensibilities about these things. I am not discouraged by this Picard show (yet).

Yeah, I think everything you’ve said is pretty fair. You’re just being more open minded than me.

I agree First Contact is overrated. I loved it when I saw it as a kid but as an adult it’s like someone got drunk watching Voyage Home then rewrote the Locutus episode.

First contact looked really good imo. It was shot well. But there was almost nothing sci-fi or character related about it. It was pure action-fantasy fluff.

I still think The Borg have tons of cinematic potential but I doubt they’ll ever regain the atmosphere of cold fear they used to foster as long as there’s a “queen”

The review is fucking hilarious, and sadly accurate.

That review was horrible and it came across as a baby crying for it's milk. I could only get through the first 4 minutes and when he lacked to come up with anything but surface level insults without breaking down his logic, I tapped out to the stupidity.

At least redletter media could complete a coherent thought so you understood where the hell they are coming from. Even though I enjoyed Picard and thought they were over reacting to changes they didn't exactly like...this idiot is relying far too much on his mask gimmick.

Last edited:
I saw the first episode. It was good. The dialogue was fantastic. And what they did with the romulans was bold. It certainly looks awesome. But I am not doing CBS all access. I already have like 3 or 4 streaming accounts to manage. I don’t want more.

Back