Media Standing Submissions

If he put his forearm in front instead of behind, he probably would have knocked Phil out cold with that slam.

tumblr_op6rsdqu971ry1rm7o2_500.gif

If he put his forearm in front instead of behind, he probably would have knocked Phil out cold with that slam.

tumblr_op6rsdqu971ry1rm7o2_500.gif

Is that Gerald Harris? If so he's really good at trapping the head during slams

Can't find a GIF or clip, but Jessica Eye subbed Zoila Frausto with a standing arm-triangle.

Jarl

P.S. Thanks to Y2Khaos (below)

Last edited:
Jorgensen-submission.gif

This one always comes to mind. Murderous guillotine from Jorgensen. I was in the arena for that one and we thought Chad George died for a minute there when he collapsed to the ground.
The first submission I thought of when I saw the thread title, glad to see it's mentioned in the first response.

Here's Marlon Sandro with a literal sleeper hold
6s77zl.gif

Is that Gerald Harris? If so he's really good at trapping the head during slams
Oh yeah, he's got 3 virtually identical finishes.

Jorgensen-submission.gif

This one always comes to mind. Murderous guillotine from Jorgensen. I was in the arena for that one and we thought Chad George died for a minute there when he collapsed to the ground.
Totally a big brother move, treated George like he was six.

the rarest of all standing submissions...…

Standing tape to strikes due to LEG KICKS!
nrUwFaZ.gif

Not exactly a standing one (more the classic "will you marry me" kneeling), but Miocic got his opponent to tap to a leg kick in his last fight before he got signed to the UFC:

When Ortega subbed Cub Swanson. The way he snatched it up randomly was funny. He was like, "ok enough of this *grabs head*"
GettyImages-889237760.jpg

Wait how's that even possible? Because this is not the first time I have seen this. This one YouTuber Kwonkicker was lifted off his feet by this one girl who also was a brown belt at the time. She even took a few steps forward with him. She's probably strong but she's notably muscular at all. What are the mechanics behind that? Wouldn't the neck snap before you're able to carry someone by it? Oh and she did this in open space. Not against a wall or cage. It was a high elbow too.

You know how people get killed via neck snaps in the movies? Well that's bullshit. The average neck is pretty strong.

Back