Media Standing Submissions

Y2Khaos

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Most often submissions are done with both fighters grounded and grappling on the cage floor. In rare cases a fighter is able to get one without landing a takedown and make them tap with both feet still standing flat. The standing guillotine happens most often.

Which fighters were able to land one?

Who's was best?

voCxoug.gif

AcQ8uQ2.gif

R3EkPwJ.gif

rL8WpUA.gif

wZg9BH6.gif

pOnrmcq.gif

cLljIeP.gif

the rarest of all standing submissions...…

Standing tape to strikes due to LEG KICKS!
nrUwFaZ.gif

Jorgensen-submission.gif

This one always comes to mind. Murderous guillotine from Jorgensen. I was in the arena for that one and we thought Chad George died for a minute there when he collapsed to the ground.

I felt bad for Lyoto the way Jones just dropped him like a sack of shit. Actually one moment where Jones looks like a dick and he may not have been meaning to LOL.

Jorgensen-submission.gif

This one always comes to mind. Murderous guillotine from Jorgensen. I was in the arena for that one and we thought Chad George died for a minute there when he collapsed to the ground.
My god... his feet were kicking like a man being hung via rope around the neck.

Does the one where Mas got choked unconcious from a standing upside down triangle count?

Jorgensen-submission.gif

He panicked. He should have tried the frog leap escape. lol
GPKitDU.gif

Jorgensen-submission.gif

Wait how's that even possible? Because this is not the first time I have seen this. This one YouTuber Kwonkicker was lifted off his feet by this one girl who also was a brown belt at the time. She even took a few steps forward with him. She's probably strong but she's notably muscular at all. What are the mechanics behind that? Wouldn't the neck snap before you're able to carry someone by it? Oh and she did this in open space. Not against a wall or cage. It was a high elbow too.

I've always thought this one was pretty sick :

dan_miller_vs_dave_phillips__2007_IFL_Semifinals.gif

Dan Miller. It looks like the other guy's neck is broken.

Jon Jones just " Michael Myer-ed"( Halloween reference) Machida and re adjusted choke while off ground.
I'll never forget that as Lyoto just went limp and dropped in a heap. One of those mma wow moments

This is Chuck Liddell's only submission. Standing RNC on Kenneth Williams.
U0VTy3Q.gif

Shinya Aoki broke a guy's arm with a standing Kimura.

Eddie Alvarez on Josh Neer in Bellator was pretty sick. Standing RNC and Josh just collapsed/passed out with out tapping.

Back