"stand us up, stand us up!" he says to Herb Dean

This is black belt Loisestrad of Sherdog offering you a piece of advice:

Deal with it.

McGinger was getting a butwhooping until Mendes gassed.. Props to him for getting the win, but it was obvious he has a lot of glaring weaknesses.

But it was his knee!

Not as desperate as Chad pleading with Herb to make the legal elbows to his exhausted head stop.

Not as desperate as Chad pleading with Herb to make the legal elbows to his exhausted head stop.

if diego can hit clay guid with 400 of those elbows and not get a point taken, i dont see why mendes thought that was illegal

There is just something about the fact that Mcgregor asked Herb Dean to stand him and Mendes up. Something about it that screams how helpless and desperate Mcgregor must have felt on his back, thinking he was about to lose.
Desperate enough to actually ask the ref to stand them up. So many people are ignoring that. It is almost a forfeit..."get this guy off of me, I can't fight like this, laying on the ground" mentality.
Sorry, but its hard for me to be a fan of somebody that asks for divine intervention when they are losing.
Am I alone here?
What other fights come to mind where a fighter is losing, desperate, and asks the ref for intervention somehow?

lol... is it more or less helpless than when Mendes looked at Herb dead in the eyes and said "he's elbowing me in the head"... Quit reaching. Mendes was gripping McGregor like a python not doing much just to keep it on the ground.

Mcgregor fans like to ingore anything that makes their boy look bad. Tells you all you need to know about where his mat skills are at.

Yeah, that was lame as hell. Chad was being active. If you can't get up, that's because you have a skill deficiency, don't spin it any other way and don't beg the ref to stand you up, do it yourself or work your TDD.

Wasn't Conor trash talking Chad during the fight? He was probably just trying to get in his head.

Anyway, he didn't look like he needed help getting up, just an opening.

It looked pretty bad for someone who has a lot of critics to silence, that's for sure.

Conor was definitely in trouble with the ground game. It was a tough fight for him. He got nailed with a couple vicious elbows. But he did all the right things and did what he said he would do, and he got the TKO. It was a great fight.

Ha he just wants to see if he can trick the ref into standing them up or he is playing mind games against Chad I don't know if it will make Chad rush the punches because he is begging a stand up.

There is just something about the fact that Mcgregor asked Herb Dean to stand him and Mendes up. Something about it that screams how helpless and desperate Mcgregor must have felt on his back, thinking he was about to lose.
Desperate enough to actually ask the ref to stand them up. So many people are ignoring that. It is almost a forfeit..."get this guy off of me, I can't fight like this, laying on the ground" mentality.
Sorry, but its hard for me to be a fan of somebody that asks for divine intervention when they are losing.
Am I alone here?
What other fights come to mind where a fighter is losing, desperate, and asks the ref for intervention somehow?

Lol the stupid is strong in this post. Conor was yelling for herb to do his damn job. Conor had earned the stand up and herb wasn't doing his job.

Refs really fail when it comes to standing fights up. Given 5 minute rounds, even full back mount should only get 1 minute to secure the rnc. Either make progress, implement some gnp or get stood up.

If the guy on the ground is complaining to the ref his opponent should shut him up like this.

ykqyd.gif

Lol the stupid is strong in this post. Conor was yelling for herb to do his damn job. Conor had earned the stand up and herb wasn't doing his job.

Refs really fail when it comes to standing fights up. Given 5 minute rounds, even full back mount should only get 1 minute to secure the rnc. Either make progress, implement some gnp or get stood up.

How do you earn a stand up? By laying helplessly on your back taking elbows? Bitching to the ref is desperate at best. Do your job and get up.

He was running out of time, he had to finish Mendes inside 2 rounds.

Some guys don't like to get humped. They would rather stand and fight. If you have enough time and energy to talk to the ref than you are not really I that much trouble. You are most likely bored of being humped. He was pretty active off his back too.

Reaching there TS

He did pretty much nothing on his back,he just lay there getting elbowed,huge hole in his game

No one should ever get stood up from full mount,ever

I love strikers I am a striker but if you did something that stupid you would hardly ever have good scrambles and guys working for subs it's part of the sport sometimes you have to find that opening and it doesn't happen right away If there gsp lnp shit type fighting then yes stand them up but Mendes ???? Why stand him up because Connie has no ground game what so ever and wanted help from herb nah fuck that learn some bjj Connie your mouth won't get you by forever

Back