Stand up or sit inbetween rounds

Hotdog666

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was just wondering what you guys prefer. I notice at my MT gym alot of guys are very passionate about making me sit inbetween rounds. I personally lke standing, I think I remember Bas saying that if your taking low kicks, sitting inbetween rounds will cause the blood to sit in the leg causeing more pain. Something like that...

Is there any scientific reasons why standing or sitting is better when your body is going 100 mph for 3 mins and you have 1 min break?

I prefer to sit

Just make sure that if you START a fight standing between rounds, you DO NOT ever sit down in the later rounds. If you do, your opponent will be thinking he is breaking you down and get a big surge of confidence and energy. You have to commit... If you start sitting, though, and stand for the last 2-3 rounds, it's quite discouraging for your opponent.

i think it's better Cardio or something if u stand. Idk it's something like that.
But i personally try standing 4 the first little bit and then sit towards the later rounds or towards the end of practice

I tend to sit and I do MT. This is because your corner typically give yous a stool and rubs your legs down.

I think sitting if you're gonna get a Thai rub-down between rounds, otherwise stand. If you're taking leg kicks and you sit down, it's going to make you a whole lot more aware of the pain when you go to stand up and it's hard.

I prefer to sit

Just make sure that if you START a fight standing between rounds, you DO NOT ever sit down in the later rounds. If you do, your opponent will be thinking he is breaking you down and get a big surge of confidence and energy. You have to commit... If you start sitting, though, and stand for the last 2-3 rounds, it's quite discouraging for your opponent.

Julio Cesar Chavez used to never sit between rounds in fights. The first time he did sit? When he fought Pernell Whittaker.

i like to stand but if ur gunna getta rub down on ur legs then sit but in the later rounds if u sit dont put ur head down

i think standing is better for your breathing. i put my hands on my head and breathe through my nose into the pit of my stomach between rounds even if i'm not out of breath. i think this would be difficult to do standing

If your coach is already there setting things up, take a breather if you want. Stand up when you want. It's you who is fighting, your breathing and rub downs will def. help but its going to be whether you beat your opponent or not that determines the match...kinda obvious.

i usually sit down in the corner and put up my arms through the ropes with my legs splayed out and just relax.

if it's a fight where the pace is really fast and i'm getting tired in the rounds, i'll try to stand during the rest periods because it's HARD to get back up lol.

i usually sit down in the corner and put up my arms through the ropes with my legs splayed out and just relax.

if it's a fight where the pace is really fast and i'm getting tired in the rounds, i'll try to stand during the rest periods because it's HARD to get back up lol.

in actual sparing sessions i sit when just training i stand in a corner sometimes that leads slideing down if im tired

I normally prefer to stand, I just think it gives me a slight psychological advantage if my opponent is collapsed in a stool exhausted and he looks over and sees I'm standing

I feel better when I sit. Makes me more relaxed and I can slow my brain down and actually take in what my trainers are saying. Allows me to think better about what I'll do in the next round.

I prefer to sit

I had never actually thought about it like that - thanks for that piece of information. I will have to remember that psychological mind game and sit in the first few rounds and stand up later to frustrate my opponent.

any sort of rest tends to make me lazy. i never sit down when working out at all. i'm working out for hours and i won't sit down.

why? have you heard of warming up and warming down?

well, when yuo sit you're effectively warming down, even though it's not for that long.

i'd rather hop around between rounds.

standing up in between rounds will just make me wanna kick your *ss more. :)

but, monstrosity is right, sitting down is a form of warming down. but usually in MT fights the trainers massages the legs of the fighters.

Back