Stance protecting against both leg kicks and leg takedowns simultaneously

Side-on stances are very underrated, especially against guys who are heavy on the boxing. Punchers hate facing it.

Here's a Cus'damoto boxer who admits he had to change his stance to be able to hang with Bill Wallace in sparring.

Bro, old boxers stand pretty side on.

Can't say I got convinced after how easily Woodley took Thompson down

Not really relevant, that just means that Woodley was better at pursuing than Thompson was at defending.

Is there such a stance or do you have to pick one or the other? One might point to the UFC but even today, leg kicks are fairly underused, it seems. If Wonderboy can make it through an entire division with a side-on stance, leg kicks can't be that good or frequently used in MMA
<{Heymansnicker}>Take a rest... no you're sounding like Chuck Norris... or... are you just a voice-over behind the British Model?

Times Woodley got on top of Thompson: first time, off of a leg kick; next two or three times, knockdowns from punches.

Doesn't really speak as much to either Woodley's takedowns, or Thompson's takedown defense, 'in of itself', as much as it was 'mmaing' in general.
HOlllyyy CRappp a simple sentence stating what has been stated a bijjiooonnn times since UFC hit the floor.

<SelenaWow>Though I'd never live to see it.

Damn Bill's kicks weren't doing shit lol.
It's valovich or wahtever dumb cluck. And this is just why MMA competitors should stay away from karate. Olympic style athlete fights McDojo style... saw it in all my initial striking investigation vids.

Valovich or whatever his name is, is throwing himself all over the place like a ninja-turtle on LSD. That boxer Hadley was smart AF.:cool:

I luv that boxer video... 'cause it shows how effective tuned-up boxing is. Especially against gym kata knockoffs.

<{cuts}>Hadley says he's gonna put on pressure like the opponent has never seen before. <{UberTS}>HOOWWWIWEEEEEEE. A karate expert who can't stand someone in his face.<Waaah>

I

Valovich or whatever his name is, is throwing himself all over the place like a ninja-turtle on LSD. That boxer Hadley was smart AF.:cool:

I'm gonna comment a troll post for once.. Yes, there was a lot of flash and very little substance behind that Karatekas attacks. He was tougher than average psychologically but not the same caliber of fighter as the boxer he faced.

I think it's a bit of a pick your poison thing really. I'm training an MMA fighter at the moment in Muay Thai, but the guy is competing in MMA and already has quite a side on stance - and seeing as he's comfortable and he moves well out of it, I'd have to be out of my mind to try to take him out of it and get him to stand 'correctly' for my purposes.

So I opt to keep his side on stance and am introducing him to side kicks. Thankfully he has a very strong wrestling game (a rarity in the UK).

Wonderboy did lose to the two best leg kickers he has faced, but neither of them were performances where his legs were really battered by them. His division just doesn't have an Aldo.
We face the same kind of threat in Judo. People here think their gonna beat me in 'sparring,' when they can't even deal with a pitty patty attack to the leg or legs.

<{anton}>I think TSF should be renamed "The Humor Forum."

I'm gonna comment a troll post for once.
<[analyzed}>Couldn't resist the challenge of an intelligent sparring partner, huh?
Yes, there was a lot of flash and very little substance behind that Karatekas attacks. He was tougher than average psychologically but not the same caliber of fighter as the boxer he faced.
<Dany07>You're gonna beat me sparring with that level of mental skill?

Oh my GAWWWD... you look sharper x 50 in your avatar... than the karate flunky shown in the video. Guy has some nice kicks... right into thin air. Like those videos I posted of kumite starting out. Or worse yet... blindly running smack dab into the punch.

<YeahOKJen>Valochik whatever... psychologically tougher than average? The average amoeba that just keeps swimmin' around all over?

<{clintugh}>I posted that Olympic gal boxing footwork... and got dissed. Then we post a video of Mr. Karate flying around like Peter Pan... 'cept no wires...

Last edited:
I'm gonna comment a troll post for once.. Yes, there was a lot of flash and very little substance behind that Karatekas attacks. He was tougher than average psychologically but not the same caliber of fighter as the boxer he faced.
{<jimmies}Oh, I wouldn't worry. Nothing can top your video of Chuck Norris talking Orangatan.

Not really relevant, that just means that Woodley was better at pursuing than Thompson was at defending.

Well I remember seeing him and thinking for myself :"this is not supposed to work". Strikers doing well in MMA was nothing new, but from that outdated Kickboxing stance? It had been ingrained into us that this was a thing of the past. One of the main criticisms is that while the target is smaller for your opponent to hit, you have also inhibited yourself from power kicks. You can still throw a roundhouse kick but the travel path is much longer.

Well I remember seeing him and thinking for myself :"this is not supposed to work". Strikers doing well in MMA was nothing new, but from that outdated Kickboxing stance? It had been ingrained into us that this was a thing of the past. One of the main criticisms is that while the target is smaller for your opponent to hit, you have also inhibited yourself from power kicks. You can still throw a roundhouse kick but the travel path is much longer.
Frode vs Petehmurakot
•Apr 2, 2013

Frode Falch
157 subscribers
Muay Thai fight at Chiang Mai 1th april 2013

pppppFrode's done some cool shite. But look at this anemic opponent. Muay Thai's supposed to be this strong style... and Mr. Bean Pole here get's his pins whacked out from Frode in what, a couple of minutes. Frode's kick cool AF.:cool:

Anything is vulnerable... which is why I approach Randori the way I do... still haven't garnered a clear victory. But I'm not walking around in circles waiting for my legs to be chopped. <Moyes5> Dah.

Ya' all get back to your photo ops.

Frode vs Petehmurakot
•Apr 2, 2013

Frode Falch
157 subscribers
Muay Thai fight at Chiang Mai 1th april 2013

pppppFrode's done some cool shite. But look at this anemic opponent. Muay Thai's supposed to be this strong style... and Mr. Bean Pole here get's his pins whacked out from Frode in what, a couple of minutes. Frode's kick cool AF.:cool:

Anything is vulnerable... which is why I approach Randori the way I do... still haven't garnered a clear victory. But I'm not walking around in circles waiting for my legs to be chopped. <Moyes5> Dah.

Ya' all get back to your photo ops.

Yawn.............

Well I remember seeing him and thinking for myself :"this is not supposed to work".
Hey,,, the guy in the avatar is smarter than this... which then is who are you?
Strikers doing well in MMA was nothing new, but from that outdated Kickboxing stance?
Look, I know we have to keep Daddy Dana Warbucks happy, but this is dumb AF. I posted some vids showing footwork,,, mobility... and got spammed with idiot.

{<hhh]And now your'e admitting it's the strikers/ kickers in MMA who are outdated? Man, this is full circle....

Side-on stances are very underrated, especially against guys who are heavy on the boxing. Punchers hate facing it.

Here's a Cus'damoto boxer who admits he had to change his stance to be able to hang with Bill Wallace in sparring.

Damn Bill's kicks weren't doing shit lol.

Oh man.... that comment was cool AF.:cool:

It's valovich or wahtever dumb cluck. And this is just why MMA competitors should stay away from karate. Olympic style athlete fights McDojo style... saw it in all my initial striking investigation vids.

Now that's not nice. Frode looks cool AF.:cool:
Spacetimes post was misleading. He mentioned Bill Wallace then posted a video of some random bum right under it. My point still stands that kickboxer looked like shit in the video. StanClarker you sound like a dyslexic 14 year old saying "cool AF" in every other post

Back