News Stamp Fairtex vs Anissa Meksen set for MMA x Muay Thai mixed rules super-fight, January 13

Who wins?

• Total voters
I'd actually prefer if ONE did individual kickboxing and MMA cards (maybe seperate grappling cards too). I think I feel about those two the same way posters in the heavies feel about WMMA lol.
Haha yeah I’ve heard posters say that before, in both ways. I can imagine if you like one martial art more than the other that you prefer separate fighting cards.
If I speak for myself, I’m totally fine with these cards since I enjoy both sports.
If they put a good grappling match on a card I might enjoy that one aswell, but no full grappling card please:D

Haha yeah I’ve heard posters say that before, in both ways. I can imagine if you like one martial art more than the other that you prefer separate cards.
If I speak for myself, I’m totally fine with these cards since I enjoy both sports.
If they put a good grappling match on the card I might enjoy that one aswell, but no full grappling card please:D

I'm a purple belt and grappling still pisses me off lol. It's just not as entertaining to watch as MMA.

I'm a purple belt and grappling still pisses me off lol. It's just not as entertaining to watch as MMA.
Watching an autist like mikey musumecci butt scoot along the ground or dive for ankles 3 minutes after watching someone get KO'd for trying the same thing is just silly. Hate that ONE is watering down their cards with grappling.

Watching an autist like mikey musumecci butt scoot along the ground or dive for ankles 3 minutes after watching someone get KO'd for trying the same thing is just silly. Hate that ONE is watering down their cards with grappling.
I don't get it, it's not fun for people to watch unless you are also equally as into BJJ. ACA used to do BJJ belts and then realized it sucks so they stopped.

Okay no worries.
If you want to try, later this month some exceptional KB/MT fights will take place.
No regular stuff, but really high-level matchups

@Nova44 listed them for us:

ONE 161 Petchmorakot vs Tawanchai - Sep 29th

• Petchmorakot vs Tawanchai - Featherweight Muay Thai Championship
  • Roman Kryklia vs Guto Inocente - Heavyweight Kickboxing Grand Prix
  • Iraj Azizpour vs Bruno Chaves - Heavyweight Kickboxing Grand Prix
  • Capitan vs Alaverdi Ramazanov - Bantamweight Muay Thai
  • Zhang Chenglong vs Sangmanee - Bantamweight Muay Thai
  • Han Zi Hao vs Ferrari Fairtex - Bantamweight Muay Thai
---

ONE on Prime 2 - Sep 30th/Oct 1st

• Superbon vs Chingiz Allazov - Featherweight Kickboxing Championship
  • Marat Grigorian vs Tayfun Ozcan - Featherweight Kickboxing
  • Anissa Meksen vs Daokongfah Banchamek - Atomweight Muay Thai
  • Rade Opacic vs Giannis Stoforidis - Heavyweight Kickboxing

Unfortunately Chingiz Allazov is out of next weeks title-fight vs Superbon Banchamek.
Tayfun Özcan will step in to fight for the ONE featherweight world title.
As a result, Marat Grigorian will now take on Jamal Yusupov

Stamp should be able to hang on the feet easy and then sub her in the MMA rounds unless Meksen been secretly training MMA

I really wonder what the reason is they don't want meksen as champ or fighting for one.
Is it cause they can't market her? I mean I guess they can market/fetishize stamp better for certain demographics but I would say meksen looks better than Todd looks wise or is it cause she isn't asian?

Don't really understand this at all

Straight striking I'd have Meksen most likely taking the W via volume striking and heavy movement. Meksen has supreme footwork and I don't see Stamp significantly clipping her.
That said, I think Stamp can weather the volume in round 1. This thing hits the mat at all in round 2, I'm seeing Stamp sub or pound her out. I've actually been somewhat impressed by her ground game, given her background.
Good scrap, either way.

Same. They need to do something different to entice more risk taking. Watching guys scoot on their ass or constantly recover guard gets boring quick. I see that shit 3-4 times a week at class anyway.

Back