News Stamp Fairtex vs Anissa Meksen set for MMA x Muay Thai mixed rules super-fight, January 13

Who wins?

• Total voters
Should be fairly straightforward for Stamp no? You figure she's good enough to at least get through the standup round and she's a decent little grappler.

Should be fairly straightforward for Stamp no? You figure she's good enough to at least get through the standup round and she's a decent little grappler.
Shes probably going to just stand with her the whole time. I don't really see a former MT playing it safe for the MMA round to take her down and submit her.

I suppose if they clinch in the MMA round it's bound to end up on the ground then. But I think it's basically going to be a MT fight.

If the first round is MT like Rodtang vs DJ then Stamp is gonna die before she hears the bell for round 2. Stamp isn't even on the same plain of existence of striking as Meksen is and she doesn't have the speed and dynamic movement DJ had to avoid it for a full round.

If she survives round 1 and wins in round 2 then i'll tip my hat to her, but it ain't happening from what i've seen.

RIP Stamp, and then hopefully RIP Todd a few months later.

What’s the backstory here?

Todd and Stamp were content to be #1 and #2 in MT/KB in ONE, but as soon as Meksen joined ONE in 2020 Stamp immediately switched to full time mma, and Todd is so scared to fight Meksen that she will happily sit on the sidelines and not fight anyone apart from a newcomer who was pretty bad herself.

ONE of course refuses to tell the public or Meksen why she can't have a title shot, but if this keeps up she'll probably just end up leaving ONE.

If the first round is MT like Rodtang vs DJ then Stamp is gonna die before she hears the bell for round 2. Stamp isn't even on the same plain of existence of striking as Meksen is and she doesn't have the speed and dynamic movement DJ had to avoid it for a full round.

If she survives round 1 and wins in round 2 then i'll tip my hat to her, but it ain't happening from what i've seen.

Fair enough, I should offer the addendum that I don't know anything about MT and I always fast forward through the fights on ONE cards to get back to the MMA stuff.

I've watched a few, it's just not for me.

Each to their own as they say. I used to watch more mma than kickboxing when i was in highschool. Back when Wanderlei, Chuck, Thiago Alves, GSP, Anderson were all so good at striking, but then at some point after they retired i realized just how bad 99% of mma fighters are at striking and i just lost interest.

Now i can't watch a single minute of mma without being bored. Weird how something i was so heavily invested in at one point now does nothing for me.

Each to their own as they say. I used to watch more mma than kickboxing when i was in highschool. Back when Wanderlei, Chuck, Thiago Alves, GSP, Anderson were all so good at striking, but then at some point after they retired i realized just how bad 99% of mma fighters are at striking and i just lost interest.

Now i can't watch a single minute of mma without being bored. Weird how something i was so heavily invested in at one point now does nothing for me.

I think I'm kind of the same but in reverse, I think the striking is great but every time they end up in the clinch my brain expects a takedown.

Fair enough, I should offer the addendum that I don't know anything about MT and I always fast forward through the fights on ONE cards to get back to the MMA stuff.
The MT fights are pretty sweet. That's one of the appeals of ONE to me, the mix of MMA and MT. They're only 3 3 min rounds so its not a huge commitment to check out a fight.

Meksen isn't some first round murderer. She's a volume striker more than anything else.

Todd and Stamp were content to be #1 and #2 in MT/KB in ONE, but as soon as Meksen joined ONE in 2020 Stamp immediately switched to full time mma, and Todd is so scared to fight Meksen that she will happily sit on the sidelines and not fight anyone apart from a newcomer who was pretty bad herself.

ONE of course refuses to tell the public or Meksen why she can't have a title shot, but if this keeps up she'll probably just end up leaving ONE.
STamp was practically a full time MT fighter already by the time Meksen signed on with ONE in 2020. STamp had three straight mma bouts before losing to the KB title to Todd in Feb, took another mma bout, then lost the MT title in August. At that point, her mma fighters were paying more, and she was mostly training in that, so switching to mma full time made the most sense.

I've watched a few, it's just not for me.
Okay no worries.
If you want to try, later this month some exceptional KB/MT fights will take place.
No regular stuff, but really high-level matchups

@Nova44 listed them for us:

ONE 161 Petchmorakot vs Tawanchai - Sep 29th

• Petchmorakot vs Tawanchai - Featherweight Muay Thai Championship
  • Roman Kryklia vs Guto Inocente - Heavyweight Kickboxing Grand Prix
  • Iraj Azizpour vs Bruno Chaves - Heavyweight Kickboxing Grand Prix
  • Capitan vs Alaverdi Ramazanov - Bantamweight Muay Thai
  • Zhang Chenglong vs Sangmanee - Bantamweight Muay Thai
  • Han Zi Hao vs Ferrari Fairtex - Bantamweight Muay Thai
---

ONE on Prime 2 - Sep 30th/Oct 1st

• Superbon vs Chingiz Allazov - Featherweight Kickboxing Championship
  • Marat Grigorian vs Tayfun Ozcan - Featherweight Kickboxing
  • Anissa Meksen vs Daokongfah Banchamek - Atomweight Muay Thai
  • Rade Opacic vs Giannis Stoforidis - Heavyweight Kickboxing

Last edited:
Okay no worries.
If you want to try, later this month some exceptional KB/MT fights will take place.
No regular stuff, but really high-level matchups

View attachment 943574

@Nova44 listed them for us:

ONE 161 Petchmorakot vs Tawanchai - Sep 29th

• Petchmorakot vs Tawanchai - Featherweight Muay Thai Championship
  • Roman Kryklia vs Guto Inocente - Heavyweight Kickboxing Grand Prix
  • Iraj Azizpour vs Bruno Chaves - Heavyweight Kickboxing Grand Prix

---

ONE on Prime 2 - Sep 30th/Oct 1st

• Superbon vs Chingiz Allazov - Featherweight Kickboxing Championship
  • Marat Grigorian vs Tayfun Ozcan - Featherweight Kickboxing
  • Anissa Meksen vs Daokongfah Banchamek - Atomweight Muay Thai
  • Rade Opacic vs Giannis Stoforidis - Heavyweight Kickboxing

I'd actually prefer if ONE did individual kickboxing and MMA cards (maybe seperate grappling cards too). I think I feel about those two the same way posters in the heavies feel about WMMA lol.

Back