Stairs are you friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Human Bass

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Incredible how people overlook such a simple and effective workout. Im lucky to live in a 33rd floor building, so every time Im too lazy to go out to exercise, I just climb the stairs! I do the whole 33 floors than I do 17 more to end at 50. At the end I feel like im overheating and run to the shower.

Mostly aerobic but with a nice anareobic touch. I found out I like to do it barefoot, since i feel it work the muscles more, with cushioned shoes the "proper technique" is throw out of the window and you end up tiring your joints and ligaments more than the muscles.

Yeah stairs are awesome. Dunno about doing them barefoot.

Just try it then. The trasition of a barefoot is much smoother and you will be more aware of your gait, and it's not really impact intensive like running.

Thanks, I'm going to sell my massive bungalow and move into the top floor of some apartments now.

But yeh sounds like a good workout, The Rock (wwf) did that stuff but in a football stadium.

I'd usually hit the stair master at the gym. My ass has never looked better.

Yes homo.

This is why I like escalator's better than elevators. When an escalator breaks it becomes stairs.

At last! Someone else who appreciates stair cases in a similar fashion to myself! :D
My trainer thinks their pointless, but they build up good explosive power in my legs so I'm all for them and then some. Although I do hate going down them, I slow down a little bit on the way down because the stairs at the gym I train at aren't big, so I'm always scared I'll fall down and cark it hard.

Stairs are an excellent workout, I wish I lived around an area where there are alot of stairs. I would hit them aleast a couple times a week just for crosstraining.

Running bleachers/stairs is a good workout. Walking upstairs to your apartment isn't (Unless your way out of shape, though there are a lot of people who hate doing conditioning and only like to lift and eat).

I disagree. Stairs are not my friends. They won't go out and have a beer with me.

Running bleachers/stairs is a good workout. Walking upstairs to your apartment isn't (Unless your way out of shape, though there are a lot of people who hate doing conditioning and only like to lift and eat).

Well, my apartment is on the 16th floor, so it's a decent workout. :p

I dont run, but I never slowdown either. Steady and always.

I don't have access to stairs but i jack the incline on the tredmill to 16% grade and walk it...to me, the intensity is way greater than running and far easier on my joints

I disagree. Stairs are not my friends. They won't go out and have a beer with me.

Maybe you smell?

Have you asked really nicely?

If that hasn't worked, there's always the lift, I hear it goes down with anyone as long as you hit the right button.

Maybe you smell?

Have you asked really nicely?

If that hasn't worked, there's always the lift, I hear it goes down with anyone as long as you hit the right button.

I love hearing other culture's terms for certain things, like the lift is an elevator. Even in the US, New Englanders call grocery carts "carriages" or "buggies".

And of course I asked nicely. I even offered to pour one out for my homies so the stairs could have a sip too.

It's the mothertongue motherfucker!

:p

Stairs and I used to be very close, but since that time our lives have drifted apart. We literally used to do everything together. But now it feels like we have nothing left in common.

883.jpg

My old high school football coach used to have us sprint up and down the bleachers endlessly. That shit was brutal.

Plus it was funny to watch everyone (myself included) eat shit on the way down like half the time cause your coordination goes to shit after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back