stain from hell on white gi. Tie Dye alternative.

fittafeis

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok, so i have three stains on my gi, roughly two inches each across.
Its either from blood, or some sort of food oil (tight schedule some days, eating in gi on way to training, or from).

The one on my sleeve i really dont care too much about, but the one on my pants is pissing me off bigtime. Its right in the crotch area, and its sort of a red-ish yellow. Not the damn color you want to have a stain around that zone if you catch my drift.

I've been desperately trying to clean it off, but starting to lose all faith. Tried bleach, tried How To Remove Cooking Oil Stains From Clothes (Clothing Stains) to no avail.

My last resort is to color the whole mother with some help from my GF. Any last minute suggestions to remove stain before i go through with my Tie Dye project?

if anyone is curious its a keiko white gi.

Thanks!

Did you try oxyclean? Rub it in to the stain/soak it before washing. It's what I do to remove the stains I pick up from the mats. Kinda surprised that the bleach did not take it out though, at least it should have lightened the stain.

for the hippy grappler

NEW%20GIs%20May%202010.jpg

The dark gi in the middle is siiccckkkk. I'd buy that!

I dunno why but I fucking love those tye dye gis.

I'd be afraid rolling with a dude in such a gi, I wear white only and would be afriad it would rub of

I learned this form my instructor...1 cup of Baking soda,half a cup of vinegar. My Gi's are as white as Hitler.

Who cares, honestly? It's not like you're sporting a gi to look good and sexy. Just explain to your training partners that's not something nasty and forget about it.

I'd be afraid rolling with a dude in such a gi, I wear white only and would be afriad it would rub of

I'd be scared rolling with someone in a Gi like that as well. Scared they would demolish me, because anyone with a Gi that awesome would probably be some kind of BJJ wizard.

A few weeks back, I got a blood stain out of my gi by scrubbing in liquid tide with a toothbrush , then rubbing an ice cube over the stain repeatedly until it totally vanished!
Takes a few minutes but you can start to see it get lighter and lighter. Good luck!

yeah man just soak that shit in a bucket of water with one or two spoonfuls of oxyclean and then wash it with another spoonful of oxyclean. done deal.

Back