Stadium packed with soccer fans for the women's World Cup yet MMA "fans"...

Gotta say, you are a fucking moron. The assumption that the game is a joke because stronger, faster players of the other gender may beat them is typical of most idiots here on Sherdog. If you cant appreciate the skill involved in these world cup matches then you have never really played soccer. Also, many of these women are much faster and stronger than you assume they are. Just fyi, i have played soccer for over 40 years and have played with all levels of both male and female players, so my opinions are based on experience.

UFC could recruit some real talent from those moms in the stadium.

Perhaps in the realm of Soccer women's games are more exciting, but that simply is not the case in MMA. Again, we had a card where every WMMA fight on the undercard went to a decision. WMMA finishes on the undercard are very rare and that is a symptom of what makes it unpopular among many.

Gotta say, you are a fucking moron. The assumption that the game is a joke because stronger, faster players of the other gender may beat them is typical of most idiots here on Sherdog. If you cant appreciate the skill involved in these world cup matches then you have never really played soccer. Also, many of these women are much faster and stronger than you assume they are. Just fyi, i have played soccer for over 40 years and have played with all levels of both male and female players, so my opinions are based on experience.
Women's soccer should not be taken seriously. The Brazilian women's national team lost to to the male sub-15 team of a division D team.
Can you fathom that? The disparity in skill is abysmall, there is no way around it

Edit: just saw that this happened to the US female team as well. So yeah ...

what's funny is that the US womens team is much more popular than the US men's team. In sharp contrast with the rest of the world that doesnt care about their women's team. It's because our women's team is #1 in the world so we love cheering for winners. The men's team is a national embarrassment.
kOS50NF0A8s-VSc_YBtuOT3IBWVxPMQb05EzziVV3RV_sJOhSOqgdKNDnK7jv9ICdGU6yJvSywSMgn4uFcvOuc7ngS1RPiF3YN-h5o2-zKdSx02sIqijbV2KJ549Xg_c8yjNOkE8
Sure:) The nationalist feeling is always strong. It happens in other countries too, if women do good in a particular sport on an international level.

Well Sweden beat Canada tonight, and 38 000 people were in attendence including me. Not too shabby
Go and watch an men's amateur soccer game and you'll see better soccer, this is more pathetic than wmma... but good that you're enjoying it at least

99% of soccer fans have zero interest in womens soccer. Its a total joke but they're trying to force that inferior shit down peoples throats anyway because its the 2010s and women have to be awkwardly shoehorned into every traditionally male interest.

I'm guessing it's mainly family, friends and cuckholds that are watching the women's "football". The skill level is so low, you'd see better football watching a bunch of kids in a park having a kick around with jumpers for goal posts.

You still have a long way in learning BJJ since you got subbed by a 115lbs female.

Also packed stadiums? Think almost none of the games had sold out stadiums yet. Just two examples: Netherlands is a top 5 female team yet they didnt sell out a stadium with a capacitity of only 15,000.

00123317-800.jpg

England's (another top female team) game against Scotland in Nice attracted only 13,188 fans at the 35,100-capacity Allianz Arena. Both England and Netherlands are relatively close to France.

general-view-of-the-match-attendance-during-the-fifa-womens-world-cup-picture-id1148720133
Even after tapping to little girls, he has no shame to lie and shitpost.
Woman football popular lol, it only gets attention because it is pushed thru our throats.
Its like wmma...
Nobody wants to see d level athletes.

...do nothing but shit talk about women's MMA.

Watching the round of 16... It's great to see soccer fans being soccer fans for the love of the sport no matter the gender. Ticket resell prices are also through the roof.

MMA and their fans still have a long way to go.

I agree. So many people here really cannot stand females, full stop.[for Americans - period!] Like i've said before, a seperate forum for WMMA would be better than having to click on a thread about a female fighter knowing so much of it will be about the looks of the woman or how useless the female fight game is. Mind you, these tossers would still go to that forum wouldn't they? They are nothing but unintelligent wankers.

what's funny is that the US womens team is much more popular than the US men's team. In sharp contrast with the rest of the world that doesnt care about their women's team. It's because our women's team is #1 in the world so we love cheering for winners. The men's team is a national embarrassment.
kOS50NF0A8s-VSc_YBtuOT3IBWVxPMQb05EzziVV3RV_sJOhSOqgdKNDnK7jv9ICdGU6yJvSywSMgn4uFcvOuc7ngS1RPiF3YN-h5o2-zKdSx02sIqijbV2KJ549Xg_c8yjNOkE8

Wasn´t that a year where the females had big touneys and the men didn´t?

Might get a slap on the wrist for this but it's too good to not share.

The worst thing about this women's soccer garbage is it has replaced Maury for the last week or so. Nobody here gives a fuck about the MEN ballchasers, we're losing maury for this shit?

The UFC attendance record was for an all female double header, some of the best ppv and tv figures are for cards headlined by women ...... guess we shouldn't confuse Sherdog moans with the fanbase.

Back