Elections Stacey Abrams again claims she won Georgia governor’s race: ‘I’m not' a good sport

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by glenwo2, May 4, 2019.

1. glenwo2

glenwo2 Adamantium Belt

Stacey Abrams again claims she won Georgia governor’s race: ‘I’m not' a good sport

Georgia Democrat Stacey Abrams again claimed she won the state's 2018 gubernatorial race on Friday, despite losing to now-Gov. Brian Kemp.

"I'm here to tell you a secret that makes Breitbart and [Fox News host] Tucker Carlson go crazy: We won,” Abrams said, according to The Houston Chronicle. “I am not delusional. I know I am not the governor of Georgia -- possibly yet."

She made the remarks an a Houston fundraiser hosted by Annie’s List, a group that seeks to elect progressive women into office. Abrams justified her refusal to accept the result of the election by calling Kemp “an architect of voter suppression that spent the last eight years knitting together a system of voter suppression that is unparalleled in America.”

According to Texas Tribune reporter Patrick Svitek, she said in her remarks that "we don’t have to concede elections anymore, because when we concede, we are condoning systems that are used to oppress us."

Abrams has considered both a Senate and presidential run and has been floated as a possible vice presidential candidate. She delivered the formal State of the Union response to President Trump in January.

She announced this week that she will not run for the Senate in 2020 and that she was “going to continue to watch how the national conversation around the presidency unfolds.”

Yet she has repeatedly questioned the outcome of the 2018 race and refused to concede, saying in March, "I did win my election. I just didn't get to have the job."

It is unclear if Democratic Party leadership will be put off by her refusal to accept the election result, less than four years after many Democrats expressed horror at then-candidate Donald Trump’s statements that he may not accept the results of the presidential election.

“I will look at it at the time,” Trump said in 2016 when asked in a presidential debate if he would accept the result of the election.

“That’s horrifying,” then-Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton responded. “This is how Donald thinks, and it's funny but it's also really troubling. This is now how our democracy works.

Abrams on Friday, in video captured by The Texas Signal, indicated that any future run will not be preceded by a concession. She said that usually "if you want to run for office again you've got to concede the election so that everyone knows that you're a good sport.”

“I am not," she said to applause.

>>> [​IMG]

2. oldshadow

oldshadow Steel Belt

3. The ScorpioN

The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!"

The entitlement.

4. KOQ24

KOQ24 Gold Belt

Reminds me of African politicians who always claim that they won the election,despite losing

5. JSnake

JSnake Purple Belt

I doubt she's serious. It's probably just a psychological tactic they're employing; playing the victim to serve as a red herring to legitimate accusations of voter fraud made against their party (as with Broward County).

They did the same thing with Wikileaks' release of Hillary's emails.

DragRacer and uppercutbus like this.
  6. JSnake

JSnake Purple Belt

Edit - Double post

7. jrams

jrams Red Belt

Hillary normalized not accepting the election results and CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, etc. cheered her on. Which is ironic given the rhetoric put forth towards Trump not agreeing to just accepting the election results.

8. Trotsky

Trotsky Undisputed Co-Winner of 2019 Best WR Poster

Her opponent was supervising the registration of voters and collection of votes in his own election as the sitting Secretary of State, he refused to resign, and he famously purged thousands of voters, mostly African American.

And, in addition to that, she's just a much more qualified person anyways. She has a law degree from the best law school in the country, a master's in public policy from the LBJ School of Public Affairs at UT, was a Truman Scholar, and worked in government at the state, federal, and municipal levels. Kemp has a BA in agriculture from University of Georgia. He was a state senator for two years, lost his run for ag commissioner, and was then appointed to his Secretary of State position. He's a fucking can and he's corrupt POS to boot.

It's understandable why she's sour and not keen on accepting her loss as valid.

9. glenwo2

glenwo2 Adamantium Belt

What is considered the Best Law School in the country, Trots?

EDIT : So apparently, your stupid ass has me on ignore since you never even replied to me on this. Fine by me, you dumb fuck. Going around acting like you know shit when you're really full of hot air (and other things). @bobgeese

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  10. JDragon

JDragon #StayTheFuckHome Platinum Member

Prior to the Presidential elections, I actually feared Trump would not concede upon a loss and rather create some kind of stab-in-the-back myth. We all know he won, so it never became an issue so far. But what this woman is saying here is dangerous and goes to the very core of democracy imo.

EDIT: Just concluded the article and saw that Trump is referenced. In any case, this kind of shit needs to be shut down and condemned. How did the GOP deal with Trump's statements back then? I honestly do not remember.

uppercutbus likes this.
  11. jrams

jrams Red Belt

Yale and it's not really close in terms of prestige. There's basically Yale, then 14 or 15 other schools that are top tier, then the rest is kind of "who gives a shit?" in terms of prestige.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Staph infection likes this.
  12. bobgeese

bobgeese Gold Belt

That’s one hell of a secret...

13. glenwo2

glenwo2 Adamantium Belt

@bobgeese
    I find it amazing how someone who gets a law degree from Yale, can know so little about law. (not like I'm a fucking expert but it was kind of obvious to those that have eyes, ears, and common sense that shenanigans were about to happen in Florida if Scott didn't step in)

14. uppercutbus

uppercutbus Silver Belt

Why do these democrats and people who support her think they can play the stoopid card and get away with it?

She claims she won her Georgia race, how much she lost by puts her and her fans to shame. Claiming - without any evidence — of opposition suppressing black voters. Also. . .

15. Natty Dread

Natty Dread Purple Belt

Lowlife leftard scum despise the democratic process. It why they support scum like antifa. The people had their say. She must idolize Killary.

16. FloridaCracker

FloridaCracker Dirty, Stinky, Greasy

She proposed an "assault" weapon ban without a grandfather clause. In a southern state like Georgia. "You either turn 'em in within 90 days or I'll come get 'em personally!"

<mma4>

I'm sure the usual troglodytes will cry about her opponent supposedly cheating.

17. carlos cadona

carlos cadona Opinions subject to change Banned

Dear Mr. Maduro my name is Isabella I am 12, from Atlanta. The Kemp regime is a dictatorship that suppresses the vote of its own people, please send humanitarian AGTMs.

Lord_Impaler likes this.
  18. glenwo2

glenwo2 Adamantium Belt

"She owes more than $227,000 in credit card debt, student loan debt and back taxes. She also owes $178,500 in real estate debt and $4,434 on a car loan."

[​IMG]

19. glenwo2

glenwo2 Adamantium Belt

[​IMG]

TheFirstEMP and uppercutbus like this.
  20. Ice That Jaw

Ice That Jaw Silver Belt

But but... She is totally a better person and stuff!