St-Pierre confirms Dana White nixed potential boxing match against Oscar De La Hoya with Triller

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/5/...g-match-against-oscar-de-la-hoya-with-triller

“I understand that Dana didn’t want me to fight,” St-Pierre said when speaking to Cinema Blend. “However, it would have been fun. Because my career as a professional fighter, to become the best in the world in mixed martial arts, is done. I’m turning 40 years old tomorrow; I’m going to be 40 years old. It’s a young man’s game. However, to rather fight a boxing match under the rules that Triller put on against the legendary Oscar De La Hoya? For me, it would have been a dream come true, because he is my second favorite boxer of all time, behind ‘Sugar’ Ray Leonard.

I'm sure Oscar has enough left in him to take out a 40-year old rudimentary MMA striker. After a couple bumps, of course.

dana would be a fool to let this fight happen and help triller grow. Given the two fighters he might as well just have the fight under the ufc banner.

the one thing Oscar would be worried about is GSP is probably in a lot better shape than his comes out hard drinking cross dressing ass is also GSP is probably a lot bigger

Dana has these MMA fighters locked down completely under ufc control it's crazy.

This guy has been retired for like five years and dana won't let him do a circus fight for a payday

40 yr old, looking-to-fight-khabib last year ver of GSP KOs 175lb, coked out, hasnt competed in 10 years, 50yr old DLH

How does Dana prevent this fight from happening? GSP had a clause in his last contract saying he can't fight anywhere else but UFC even after retirement?

GSP is Robocop with a double leg. I dont wanna see him box

I didn't know that he's still under contract with the UFC.

if your takeaway from over a decade of watching GSP is a burning desire to see him in a sideshow boxing match you might be an mma casual

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back