St. Louis Rams epic Fisher moustache thread

They're already pointing to low ticket sales as a reason to leave. I'd really be surprised if they'll be back next year or the following year. In 20 seasons, the Rams gave STL three or four great seasons, a handful of hopeful seasons, and the rest were shit.

They had historical stretches of losing after Martz left and haven't had a winning season since 2003.

Bradford gets injured again in preseason and then they lose the first game by 28 points to a shitty team. Nobody cares.

It would really unfortunate too, especially since there is being a good deal of money being invested in rejuvenating the area around EJD. Those new subsidized housing units look very nice and the restoration actually looks pretty good.

Look at some of the teams who brought in coaches and had a quick turn around. Cardinals are one and then you have the 49ers not that long ago.

You mean to tell me every coach the Rams bring in just keeps the status quo or gets worse?

They're fucking with us, right? They probably made the hires, drafts, signings, etc all in an effort to suck and move to LA.

Martz was a dick and not very good with personnel, but at least he was known as an offensive strategist. Ever since Martz, it feels like the Rams are about 5 years behind everyone else schematically

I'd rather re-watch old games with Tony Banks and Lawrence Phillips than watch Brian Schottenheimer call plays.

I've actually never seen that metric before. Thanks for sharing.

I argued with someone else about whether Watt was the best player in the league. I of course argued that he was. The other guy, an all-knowing high school football coach, argued that he was below "at least 3 non-quarterbacks" including Megatron and Sherman.

The best metric I can find is the measurement of outliers from the production of other players at the position. For instance, in Megatron's best year, he produced receiving yardage 30% more than the next player and recorded under 40% of the league's receiving touchdown title (5 against 13). In Watt's best year, he recorded 270% more sacks than the next 34 DE (20.5 against 8). Ungodly.

I don't think Sherman is in the top 5 discussion, but I realize it's a subjective answer at the end of the day. I will argue until my face is blue while a dominant CB is important, although, it does not replace a dominant DE or DT. Remember Revis when he was in his peak in New York, absolute beast however did it really change what other teams were able to do.

ramsfake.gif

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure "Sack City" has set an all time NFL low for only having one sack through their first five games.

Best case scenario for the Rams... Move to LA next year and land Mariota in the draft.

Rams have a real QB.

Austin Davis.

I'd give him another year. Before the season started I thought this next QB class would be as good as the 2012 class with Luck, RGKnee and Rustled. Doesn't look like it anymore. There's high bust potential with Mariota, Jameis, and Hundley. TBH, i haven't really seen anyone that I'd consider a franchise QB that are coming in the next couple years.

#sackcity is a joke. Glad they stopped that whole hashtag fiasco. All those first round draft picks and they can't stop the run or get pressure on the QB.

Back