St. Louis Rams epic Fisher moustache thread

I still think Bradford is a can, but that D is looking mighty good this year. I'm excited to play against them and also watch them smash Oakland. That should be good.

Per PFF: Rams have not a receiver go over 800 yards since Holt in 2007. Sam Bradford has never had a receiver go over 700 yards since taking over in 2010.

I guess that's why we were all delusional to think the rams would pass on sammy watkins

This is hopefully the final make or break year for that piece of shit Sam Canford. Sick of his injuries and excuses. He had those inflated touchdown numbers last season because they refused to run the ball in the red zone and he had a handful of checkdown TD throws.

sam_canford_zps83a9336e.jpg

I don't think their WR's are as bad as they seem. A decent QB should be able to get some productivity out of them.

The defense should be able to get after the QB. Not sure if I'm confident they can stop the run. Hopefully the secondary will be better.

They should focus on ball control offense by running the shit out of Zac Stacy and they might be able to go 8-8 this season. Just let Canford be the most expensive game manager in the league and he won't be so bad. Put them in any other NFC division and they are guaranteed a wild card spot and probably win the division.

They should focus on ball control offense by running the shit out of Zac Stacy and they might be able to go 8-8 this season

Yeah, I think they are going to run this dude into the ground. Perfect dude for fantasy.

-tells PUO he is delusional about the Oakland roster-
-proceeds to severely overrated every position on his own team outside of DL-

This is hopefully the final make or break year for that piece of shit Sam Canford. Sick of his injuries and excuses. He had those inflated touchdown numbers last season because they refused to run the ball in the red zone and he had a handful of checkdown TD throws.

sam_canford_zps83a9336e.jpg

I don't think their WR's are as bad as they seem. A decent QB should be able to get some productivity out of them.

The defense should be able to get after the QB. Not sure if I'm confident they can stop the run. Hopefully the secondary will be better.

They should focus on ball control offense by running the shit out of Zac Stacy and they might be able to go 8-8 this season. Just let Canford be the most expensive game manager in the league and he won't be so bad. Put them in any other NFC division and they are guaranteed a wild card spot and probably win the division.

I love their D-line and Stacy is a beast but those receivers are garbage dude.

I love their D-line and Stacy is a beast but those receivers are garbage dude.

They suck but it depends on who other group of WR's they're compared to.

Austin, Cook, and Givens aren't the worst options in the league.

They suck but it depends on who other group of WR's they're compared to.

Austin, Cook, and Givens aren't the worst options in the league.

No they arent the worst, but they are towards the bottom.

Toughest division in football right now.

The Rams schedule is also brutal. I am looking at best 9-7/8-8 in third ahead/tied with Arizona, at worst 7-9/6-10 in fourth. The Cardinals may have gotten worst on defense this offseason.

Might drink some Smirnoff Ice, mohitos, and strawberry daiquiris if Michael Sam makes the final cut tomorrow night.

I'd rather watch The Notebook with my sister than see Can Bradford line up under center for the Rams again

I only saw one or two series in the second half yesterday but I just read the Rams didn't even make it to the redzone in the entire game.

That's pathetic.

4 fumbles
2 interceptions
121 penalty yards
6 points

Booed off the field in what could very well be their last season in STL.

PFF ranked the Rams as the second worst roster in the league. That's a little low, but I do think it's an overrated roster. Below average receivers, below average TEs below average secondary, a mostly average LB corps with the possible exception of Ogletree, and a below average QB.

And, really, only two words need to be said/typed:

Brian Schotenheimer.

Do you have a link to that list. That is absolutely absurdly low. Best defensive line in the league and very underrated corners. You don't go 7-9 in the NFC West with a bottom five roster.

below average TEs

Nope

The more I read about the Rams the more I have to laugh. Let's look at some of their recent draft picks.

Tavon Austin--Either the team has no idea wtf they are doing with him or he's too stupid to learn how to run routes. Muffed two punts yesterday.

Tre Mason--Did he even dress? 2nd round pick is is 4th on the depth chart.

Robinson--1st round pick on the bench.

Donald--1st round pick on the bench.

Ogletree--Very fast, good in coverage, non-factor in run support. Not used used as a pass rusher.

Tremendous use of resources by Fisher and company.

Rams took Steven Jackson in the 1st round in 2004. Since then, Robert Quinn is the only good 1st round pick. Let's look at the ineptitude of the Rams at drafting talent.

Steven Jackson was taken in 2004. Since then in order:

Alex Barron
Tye Hill
Adam Carriker
Chris Long
Justin Smith
Sam Bradford
Robert Quinn
Michael Brockers
Tavon Austin
Alec Ogletree
Greg Robinson
Aaron Donald

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/06/19/2014-depth-chart-st-louis-rams/

That's the actual roster evaluation by PFF. The ranking was in an ESPN Insider article, put them at 31st overall.

Ah, yes. I remember that. I like PFF as a supplemental evaluation resource, but that is just absurd.

The worst are the rankings for Trumaine Johnson, Jared Cook, Laurinaitis, and Alec Ogletree, all of whom are categorized as "below average." Give me a break. Ogletree I may understand because he's still developing. But the other 3 are average at worst.

Back