Srisaket : Does the Amnat fight change your opinion on a third fight with Gonzalez ?

thunder and fury

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I thought a third fight with Gonzalez would be a waste of time as Srisaket would just run through him but after seeing Srisaket VS Amnat fight I think Gonzalez take the rubber match .

Here is the fight

Amnat BTW is an old Muay Thai veteran , he is wash up here he got stomped by Tenshin :

Srisaket is a shitty matchup for Gonzalez, and it’s not really a rubber match when a guy is already 2-0.

Roman certainly looked better than SSR in his last fight, though. I still think he should stay away from him.

Srisaket is a shitty matchup for Gonzalez, and it’s not really a rubber match when a guy is already 2-0.

Roman certainly looked better than SSR in his last fight, though. I still think he should stay away from him.
it was a rubber match essentially for Marquez when he was 0-2-1 against Pacman

it was a rubber match essentially for Marquez when he was 0-2-1 against Pacman

Their latest fight had been as close as they come, which is hardly the case in the Chocolatito - SSR rivalry.

Fine, Joe Walcott/Ezzard Charles

While it certainly did happen, it’s not exactly the usual way things are run at 0-2, let alone when the guy who lost the first fight got flatlined early in the rematch.

not really tbh, it's true Srisaket looked underwhelming but Ruenroeng is also a tricky bastard to fight, and always has been. I expected SSR to run him over but he has enough tricks in his bag that he can make the right fighter look like shit. Also this was closer to 122, not 115, so I think Sor Rungvisai lost a little power.

also SSR isn't ranked by the WBA, I don't think he'd be eligible for a title shot

I will say though, this shows to me that SSR had better put on some much better performances before he goes for the WBO or WBC titles. Before this I'd have had SSR as the favorite over everybody but JFE in the division, but this brings in some questions.

I would add that Ruenroeng is basically the worst style for SSR to fight, a tricky, defensive counter-puncher who's not gonna macho you at any point.

I thought the fight was drawish or 6-4 at worst, that 99-91 card was heinous.

Back