Squirrel Appreciation Day

I thought you had just made that up. But I looked it up... it's really squirrel day.

Why do people love squirrels but hate rats?
That monitor lizard vs rat video cut me deep dude! I just didn't say anything at teh time as I didn't want to be a little bitch.

I love rats!

Just learned that a squirrel can live up to 25 years.

True

People freak out at these
site_gallery_Nutria.gif

because they mistake them for giant rats due the tail lol
People should freak out over nutria because they are a really destructive invasive species not because of their tails

Are Skunks part of the Squirrel family? like they look identical apart from the coloring and the stink gland.

Are Skunks part of the Squirrel family? like they look identical apart from the coloring and the stink gland.

Skunks are related to weasels and badgers. Squirrels are related to rodents and rabbits/hares.

Skunks are related to weasels and badgers. Squirrels are related to rodents and rabbits/hares.
Skunks aren’t part of mustelide family anymore, they are their own family of Mephitidae

Hans Landa asked that same question, basically it’s the tail.

this is just me playing psychologist, but i personally think the reason why people are okay with squirrels, but hate rats or mice, is because rodents are nocturnal and hide, and thus makes them mysterious to us, and because we don't see them often in everyday life, and when we do, they scare the crap out of us.

i think squirrels like to fuck with us. i know when i'm bike-riding on the weekends, those fuckers will intentionally get into the bike-path, to force me to slow down for them. then they run their asses up the trees, and do the same shit with the next rider lol.

its that diet and disease thing.

you know, wiping out a significant percent of humanity at one point.

To be fair it wasn't the rats there were killing everyone with disease. It was more the fleas that were on the rats.

Now I don't like wild rats in my neighborhood either but I'll tolerate them if they stay away from my house.

To be fair it wasn't the rats there were killing everyone with disease. It was more the fleas that were on the rats.

Now I don't like wild rats in my neighborhood either but I'll tolerate them if they stay away from my house.
the fleas taking what was in the dirty infested rats and spreading it to humans, yes.

Squirrels eat nuts. Rats eat all sorts of shit, ...disease ridden shit. That is why the latter is generally not liked. And i actually like rats. Just not disease ridden ones.

the fleas taking what was in the dirty infested rats and spreading it to humans, yes.

Squirrels eat nuts. Rats eat all sorts of shit, ...disease ridden shit. That is why the latter is generally not liked. And i actually like rats. Just not disease ridden ones.

Very true. Rats actually will eat shit....literally! Then again, so do dogs ;) - I think if rats had tails like a squirrel we'd like them more. Except rats can be horribly desctrutive and can breed like CRAZY! Smart little bastards too.

Back