Squats Form Check

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Noblet10, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Noblet10

Noblet10 Purple Belt

I did 315lbs for 5x3 and I after did 275lbs pause squats for 2x3. I just filmed a couple sets of it. I don't think my form is too off, but I know it needs work. If anyone has some advice, it will be appreciated.

2. ninja edita

ninja edita White Belt

There's far more knowledgeable and technical people on here but seen as nobody has replied I'll chime in.

You look to be folding at the waist and you are using too much back.

You need to keep your back up and chest up, and learn to sit down into the squat more,rather than duck into it as you are sort of doing here.

I squatted a couple of reps the way you are doing them when my legs were failing out of pig headedness wanting to get my reps in and reinjured myself, there's a good chance as the weights get heavier that could happen to you

EDIT

I find a sound way of helping to keep your chest up is to use scapular retraction as you get under the bar,also makes for a better shelf for the bar to rest on

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014