Squat sticking point

I had no idea my phone sucked so bad, so sorry for the chopping. Things don't look awful. The bar is right on top of my traps. Here's two vids, they look like they capture the majority of it...

you can see the slow down at parallel @ 225 in the second vid. Is that even unusual?

On my phone, so playback is not the greatest...

The bar is right on top of my traps.

It looks like this is could be an issue, you are LB squatting with the bar on top of your traps, I had loads of issues with this-A lower bar placement made a great difference.

Foot placement can make quite a difference as well, I prefer to point my toes out which helps to open my hips up & also keeps the weight planted on my heels. A lot of guys have the toes straight ahead, its worth testing it out though. Mark Bell's youtube channel has tons of info on this stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/user/supertraining06

Your squats didn't look anything like I expected them to. Honestly, they don't look too bad IMO and I'm not seeing this forward lean issue. It looks like your weight stays on your heels pretty well. You may cut a couple reps fairly close to being high, but that's about it besides nitpicky things.

I am wondering if Kinglee is correct... am I using a low bar technique?? I've never studied the difference.

I am wondering if Kinglee is correct...

Stranger things have happened :cool:

To me it looks like you are utilizing a low bar squat, which is fine. As Oblivian said a few were a little high-hard to tell with the video cutting out, that can be fixed with mobility and foot positioning plus technique work with sub maximal weight.

Any videos capturing elite form you can think of off hand?

Well there is no set standard to abide by

Yeah meant to mention that but got carried away with the vids. You'll notice all those guys squat differently, yet they are all some of the best squatters in the world, a could could make an argument for best ever. Find what works for you.

I wouldn't reinvent the wheel with your squats. Honestly, they did not look bad. Don't obsess with form if yours doesn't look bad.

Back