Squat form check

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by toonie, Oct 9, 2010.

1. toonie

toonie Tuesday

Comments appreciated about the tail tuck in first set, and the depth in second set. Was trying to see how not going quite as deep affected the tail tuck. Also, how does my form looked overall. I think my walk-out is better from last time lol.

Thanks. Hopefully the angles are okay.

2. rckvl

rckvl Blue Belt

The angle isn't very good. Take a video directly from the side and not on the floor, and one directly in front of you. I believe squat RX has a series addressing tail tuck. Depth looked legal from the angle, except maybe the last rep. You also squat very fast which makes it a little harder to see what's going on.

3. milano

milano I am the Walrus

You haven't changed anything from your earlier videos.

-Sit back in to the squat instead of breaking at the knees
    -Stop dropping into the squat position, control the movement and stop bouncing out of the hole
    -Stop tilting your head back and looking up, posterior chain won't be as involved this way, just keep your eyes fixed on a point a few feet infront of you.

Or you can just scrap what i just said and squat high bar instead as you seem to naturally favour it. Don't worry too much about tail tuck.

4. miaou

miaou barely keeping it together

Your form looks better than last time. You still need to sit back, then down. Depth was iffy on a few reps, probably because you lean forward too much when you are in the hole, which prevents you from going any deeper. On many of the reps there is some goodmorning-ing going on.

Since you are going low-bar, I would advocate trying them without the oly-shoes and see how that feels for you.