supmaynnn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
if you were to work on cardio by:
1. sprinting only
or
2. long distance running only

which one would u get more results from? given that u spend the same exact amount of time for each.

if i am aiming for results in my appearance and im trying to look good, which one is the better choice? i am slim and tall but i have stomach fat and not much muscle. i dont care as much for endurance or explosiveness (im probably going to get flamed for this but at least im being honest haha)

what does sprinting target on the body? does jogging target anything?
i have heard that sprinting gives you more results with your abdominal area but is it true? i have not seen that stated in any of the articles i have read. or is it just a pure leg workout

i would prefer sprinting cus i hate jogging but is it going to give me as much results as if i were to spend the same amount of time jogging?

is long distance running better for fat burning or is that just outdated research

what if i only have about an hour a day to run? would 15 minutes worth of sprinting give the same results as 45 minutes of slower jogging? can sprinting work with your endurance as effectively as l.d. running

i have read the running man article and some other ones and i have learned that HIIT where u mix sprinting and jogging is the best

but wouldnt u be able to spend less time running if u excercise at HIGH intensity the whole time instead of mixing it with both jogging and sprinting? or is it that u get different results from each kind of running?

also, when u see people jogging very slowly, does that benefit you if you do it for a long time?

what would the body of a pure sprinter look like compared to a body of a long distance runner? assuming that none of them lift weights or do other excercises

a lot more people here seem to prefer sprints but is that only because they lift?

my junior high PE class taught me that sprinting is anaerobic which wouldnt burn any fat, but there seems to be a lot more articles that say the opposite now

Any HIIT will probably do more for you than long distance jogging.

Jogging is usually easier for people to maintain because with HIIT you have to put maximal effort into it every time you train as opposed to just going through the motions.

sprint intervals. 200's 400's 600's 800's, mix em up. Go for the work to rest ration that you fight. Do longer distance running with sprints thrown in . The key is variety.

supmaynnn said:
if you were to work on cardio by:
1. sprinting only
or
2. long distance running only

which one would u get more results from? given that u spend the same exact amount of time for each.

my junior high PE class taught me that sprinting is anaerobic which wouldnt burn any fat, but there seems to be a lot more articles that say the opposite now

If you did them for the same time then sprinting would be massively more effective! Just work out the calories burnt off from doing 30 minutes interval sprints compared to steady state long distance for 30 minutes, its going to be way higher. Even if the calories are mostly carbs you'll need to burn fat after exercise.

Sprinting may be anaerobic but that oxygen debt needs to be repaid. So during recovery you'll experience a big aerobic element even just walking between reps. But that's all irrelevant the big fat loser is after you finish exercise. Your metabolic rate stays higher for longer after so you'll be burning more fat that way. Plus your much more likely to stave off muscle loss with sprint intervals whereas long distance will result in muscle loss. More muscle you have the higher your metabolic rate, the more fat you'll burn even at rest.

besides building endurance, is there any reason to even choose long distance over sprints or HIIT running?

for HIIT to work , do u HAVE to have the lower intensity part between the high intensity intervals?

supmaynnn said:
besides building endurance, is there any reason to even choose long distance over sprints or HIIT running?

for HIIT to work , do u HAVE to have the lower intensity part between the high intensity intervals?

Errr yeah. If you didn't it wouldn't be an interval. The interval is the recovery period, that allows to go again at high intensity.

supmaynnn said:

if you don't need the rest (low intensity) and can carry on with the high intensity, its not because your a super fit stud, its because your jogging and walking!

Ian1983 said:
if you don't need the rest (low intensity) and can carry on with the high intensity, its not because your a super fit stud, its because your jogging and walking!

o i was thinking more like if u were to run at high intensity and then just sit for your rest instead of jogging during your rest period

supmaynnn said:
o i was thinking more like if u were to run at high intensity and then just sit for your rest instead of jogging during your rest period

yeh

supmaynnn said:
Ah, thats not AS bad :wink:

I think the idea of the low intensity work as 'rest' is to force your body to convert the lactic acid back whilst your still performing work, they by eliciting a greater adaption in the aerobic capacity and vo2 max

how are some nfl linemen so fat and still able to be so fast? if they were that fast wouldnt their training have burned off the fat?

Back