Sprawls at UFN

meng_mao

this belt has flava
@purple
Joined
Sep 17, 2004
Messages
1,877
Reaction score
0
Wow, quite a few fighters came out and fought in
what looked like new Sprawl shorts:

Kenny Florian
Mike Swick
Pete Sell
Nate Quarry
 
Yeah, sprawl has a monopoly on these fight shorts. We need another company soon to keep us guessing.
 
Well most ufc fighters wear sprawl
 
theres 2 many companies with great shorts. MY personal favourites are sprawl.

though I have officially used, clinch gear, Truth MMA, HCK, and others.

~FOz
 
Yea they definitally got the industry on lockdown. As far as fighting shorts go yea, the Tapout shorts that Bonner and Leban wore were just ugly. With that kind of competition I don't think SPRAWL has much to worry about. Plus they really try and market to guys that train and fight on a very small time basis like some of us.
 
I didn't get to see it, which Tapouts were they wearing? Not the new ugly ass floral prints?

These are my fav Tapout shorts
Charles1.jpg



www.SSFgear.com
 
Salavery was also wearing the red SPRAWL shorts. Also Gideon Ray IIRC.

Leben had some red/yellow camo design that he said were Tapout, and Bonnar was wearing some half floral print things that looked like they were straight out of Quicksilver or something, which I guess are Tapouts?

SPRAWL def. made a big showing on saturday night's event. A few guys were wearing other stuff but the days of Tapout being synonymous with UFC seem to be over.
 
SSF said:
I didn't get to see it, which Tapouts were they wearing? Not the new ugly ass floral prints?

Bonner was wearing those and Leban was wearing the ugly flaming camo ones.
 
I don't like the floral Tapouts either. You can see that I left them off my site. If someone wants one I can get it for them but I just don't like them.

I like the plain white ones l(with SSF patch) ike Charles McCarthy wears:)

www.SSFgear.com
 
Sprawl are definatly the fightshorts of choice in the ufc but i think I've only ever seen one or two guys in pride wearing them.
 
steelcitysaint said:
Sprawl are definatly the fightshorts of choice in the ufc but i think I've only ever seen one or two guys in pride wearing them.

I remember seeing Kevin Randleman wearing them against Crocop. That is all that comes to mind.
 
steelcitysaint said:
Sprawl are definatly the fightshorts of choice in the ufc but i think I've only ever seen one or two guys in pride wearing them.

SPRAWL (and TapOut for that matter) seem pretty heavily based in the US with the US audience. I doubt they push very hard for fighters in PRIDE to wear their stuff, since they're selling product in the US, might as well just sponsor UFC guys.

Plus, it seems like loose fitting fight shorts aren't all that common in PRIDE at all. Most guys wear the tight Vale Tudo style shorts or the even smaller underoo style. Gomi is the only one that comes to mind regularly wearing loose fit style.
 
MunchE said:
SPRAWL (and TapOut for that matter) seem pretty heavily based in the US with the US audience. I doubt they push very hard for fighters in PRIDE to wear their stuff, since they're selling product in the US, might as well just sponsor UFC guys.

Plus, it seems like loose fitting fight shorts aren't all that common in PRIDE at all. Most guys wear the tight Vale Tudo style shorts or the even smaller underoo style. Gomi is the only one that comes to mind regularly wearing loose fit style.
and the occasional muay thai short ala overeem.

i do believe a strong reason for this is the strong presence of japanese, brazilian and european fighters in pride compared to the occassional amrerican. americans are very strong on how they look, even in the ring and the casual fan of MMA might not be too accepting of vale tudo shorts. thats why i believe they arent aruond as much in american promotions, where as the japanese and brazilians will choose to wear clothes based on performance. thier cultures (fans and fighters) and used to the tight shorts or singlets.
 
I think Inspirit has the Japanese loose fit short market cornered in the same way Sprawl has the USA market solidly in their hands. I doubt we'll see Paul Buentello in Inspirits nor do I believe we'll see Gomi in Sprawls.
 
Rotund Grappler said:
and the occasional muay thai short ala overeem.

i do believe a strong reason for this is the strong presence of japanese, brazilian and european fighters in pride compared to the occassional amrerican. americans are very strong on how they look, even in the ring and the casual fan of MMA might not be too accepting of vale tudo shorts. thats why i believe they arent aruond as much in american promotions, where as the japanese and brazilians will choose to wear clothes based on performance. thier cultures (fans and fighters) and used to the tight shorts or singlets.
i always thought that, good post
 
Yea, it seems like every single Brazilian fighter wears Nogi.
 
I dislike the floral print Tapout shorts as well. One thing I noticed is that sprawl has usurped HCK. I would like to see Inspirit take off in the US but even ordering through Team Quest affiliates is difficult.
 
Back
Top