1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

sprawl gripflex review

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Reviews' started by thaiboxer92, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Rich_aka_Wig White Belt

Thanks for the review thaiboxer92.

I can't decide between the V-Flex and GripFlex; what would you choose? The Sprawl website says about the GripFlex that:

"We have also upgraded the fabric on the rest of the short to a lightweight 4 way stretch compared to the 2 way stretch in our previous generation short, the V-Flex"

...Do you (or anyone else here) notice any difference in the stretch?

Thanks

2. thaiboxer92 White Belt

Not to up a dead thread, but wanted to give a new review almost a year later.

Stiching, this is where I had most problems with shorts, not these other than a few loose threads here and there they have held up perfectly. All the lettering is still perfect as well

The grip panels have lost some sticky-ness but still grab limbs. the velcro on the closure is also still very much in good quality. The colors are also still very vibrant and the shorts are still very comfy and loose.

Only thing I did notice was the color bled out BADLY anything white had a pink tinge to it even in cold water. Other than that these are still great and I've yet to even consider a new pair of shorts.

How ofter I wore them

I wore them 5 days a week, washing them every night during the summer. Sometimes twice a day if I was going to lift or hit a morning class, I did not wash them in between AM and PM sessions as the AM was usually fairly low intensity. Since school started back up I wear them about 3 nights a week. So they hold up very well even after being washed.

3. ESOMTFighter White Belt

I have these same fight shorts and they're awesome. I definitely agree with thaiboxer92 about their quality. I'm not so sure about bringing them to a regular gym to lift in though... the slits make them look pretty weird for a regular workout short.

4. ECS123 Purple Belt

Great review, and follow up! Really detailed useful information. I just ordered a pair, two days ago directly from Sprawl. I was going to go for the red/black, but opted for the white/black. They both look good though. Hopefully, mine will be here in a day or so.

:icon_chee

5. pittelp Smokin Joe belt winner

Those grips look illegal.

6. thaiboxer92 White Belt

They are, UFC banned them. Sprawl earned major brownie points with me, I washed my shorts hung them out to dry, and found a separation on the closure velcro by the seam, I email them, less than 6 hours later they get back to me saying, send a digi picture and size style and address and they will send me a new pair. These shorts are great, and like me if you come across a minor rip or separation they will stand behind they're products. Also I've sprawl shorts before for 2 1/2 years on one pair and never had a problem. Their stuff is legit.

7. saaavage Black Belt

hello friends

does anyone use these at the gym for working out running and if so does the rubber prevent running/and or chafing on the treadmill, etc?
    thanks and a million thank yous