sprawl gripflex review

thaiboxer92

White Belt
Reaction score
picked up a pair of sprawl gripflex's upon checkin them out i noticed the colors perfect really catchy which is a sprawl mainstay. the mouthpeice pocket is bigger now too making it so you can put 30 60 80gig ipods zunes etc. when warming up for tournaments or just goin to the gym to lift and what not. putting them on they ran true to size throughout the waist hips and thighs not to big not to small the slits allow it so you can get you shin up their for a beautiful head kick everytime no worrying about the material stopping you from liftin your leg. along with the grip panels sprawl brought back their strech panels making it easier for kicks armbars trinagles and just about everying else you need out of a fight short. the only thing that annoys me with them is they are heavier than last years model the urban camo pattern is totally sold out, when walking the grip panels tend to catch which is just kinda annoying. and whatever you do dont put them in the dryer the velco will catch the grip/stretch pannel fraying and ripping them. did some kickboxing with them on tonight i have to say they have more strech to them than xflex but their also longer as well which tangles me up a little bit.

pros
comfy
lots of room through the hips thighs and knees
bigger mouthpeice pocket can fit zunes ipods etc.
very true to size i wear about a 32 33 and these are 32s and perfect fit
looks sprawl did it again with their color scheme red base black stripe and lettering
large range of motion for kicks and everything else

cons
price i hate spending 55dollers but their well worth it
grip panels can rub causing some annoyence
heavier than last years vflex probably in part of the grips
cant put in dryer the velcro will grab the panels and strech pannels causing them to fray so if you have a 2 a day you might want a backup or some form of a clothes line/ dry bar
little longer and baggier tangles me up but nothing severe

sprawls all in all ive had these and vflex both are excellent shorts sprawl is the best short company out there

sorry for the delay in pics i forgot havent got chance to do wash yet so their a little dirty

038.jpg

the grip panels

039.jpg

back of shorts

040.jpg

closure system

041.jpg

comparasin in mouth peice pocket size red shorts are gripflex yellow/black are vflex

042.jpg

043.jpg

they ruined sprawl with those silly grip panels

ill pass on this model

I have a pair of the gripflex and I have to say that I prefer the vflexes over the gripflex.

i think the gripflex was the best. lol

I have been using mine for a couple of months and have not noticed any of the issues with the panels catching. I also hadn't noticed the length being longer than the vflex. The weight I did notice but it is not a huge deal for me. As far as drying them...have you read the care instructions? They are your friend and will help you not destroy your $55 shorts.

yea i know i didnt have them with my first pair of vflex's but i only did it once but its not bad i was just letting others know. maybe the length was just in my imagination but the grip thing its probably how i walk or something

I'm sorry, but the whole grip-flex idea just seems really ridiculous to me. No way would I get these shorts.

A couple of guys at my club have these. I roll with each regularly and have not got caught in any more submissions than I normally would.

i havent rolled in them yet i will be tonight but it seems it makes it harder for me at least to get out of some armbars that i could usually slip right out of i have to work a little more to get out

I really like the G-Flexes, and because the 4-way stretch material is lighter than the material of the V-Flexes, I find them lighter despite the grip panels.

I agree though that the whole concept of grip panels is more of a passing experiment/fad and likely won't be here to stay.

It looks like someone just stuck black duct tape on your shorts mate!!

I can see the arm hairs stuck in the panel, lol.

Back