SPRAWL Gi-Flex Pants Review

R

risingD

So I recently received my SPRAWL Gi-Flex Pants. I was really looking forward to those pants. As I unpacked them my first impression was "God damn it they are fu**ing long", and they were. But if I would exchange them and take a size down the waist wouldn't fit me anymore. So I wrote SPRAWL. An this is what they replied:

While designing our new Gi-Flex pants, shrinking in the wash was expected so the pants were made to be a little long. We have found that people who need a slightly smaller size can wash the Gi-Flex in warm wash/dry. Greater shrinkage can occur using industrial washers & dryers. If the pant is still too long, there is about 3 inches of length that can be tailored.

So I washed them two times at 75

waistband
4973858318_57445ac8e0.jpg

4973240631_1522403844.jpg

patch under waistband
4973858736_16bea1848d.jpg

flex panel in the crotch
4973858940_6dc71cb4ce.jpg

inner mesh
4973859154_8d699cab10.jpg

Woo, they look real cool.

I wonder why they don't go the whole hog and make a Sprawl gi top to match the trousers?

How does the mesh lining feel when training? Have your training partners made any comments about gripping the pants when training with you?

James

How does the mesh lining feel when training? Have your training partners made any comments about gripping the pants when training with you?

James

due to the mesh lining you feel every time in every situation comfortable it's not so harsh on the skin
yes they made a comment and I also had to notice that myself, the pants are very soft and easy to grab and also easy to keep up the hold

you really can compare the pants with the pants of the sinister gi

I would definitely buy a Sprawl gi.

My buddy just got these in an XL, WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY TOO BIG!!!! He's an A3, I think I may purchase them in a M, I'm an A2

My buddy just got these in an XL, WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY TOO BIG!!!! He's an A3, I think I may purchase them in a M, I'm an A2

Yes I am an A3, too I ve also ordered them in xl first but then returned them for L but they were still too big so I put them in a washing machine at 75

Rising D nice review will have mine on here soon although it is up at my site now. SHould have a couple reviews on here in the next few days.

Really appreciate you guys posting this review, a training partner came in wearing these the other night and I was intrigued 'cause my jackets always last longer than my pants. Can I ask a couple of specific questions? Are they light? I'm a big sweaty bastard and any kind of heavy gi (HCK) is just unbearable. Also, with the sizing... I'm right in the middle but I've NEVER worn anything smaller than an A3. Is the size discrepancy so large that I should consider ordering the A2? Again, really appreciate you guys posting the reviews.

Really appreciate you guys posting this review, a training partner came in wearing these the other night and I was intrigued 'cause my jackets always last longer than my pants. Can I ask a couple of specific questions? Are they light? I'm a big sweaty bastard and any kind of heavy gi (HCK) is just unbearable. Also, with the sizing... I'm right in the middle but I've NEVER worn anything smaller than an A3. Is the size discrepancy so large that I should consider ordering the A2? Again, really appreciate you guys posting the reviews.

Thanks for your words much appreciated. They are very light I would even say more breathable than the sprawl fight shorts! yes I am an a3 too and as you read they are even too long in size L. but it also depends on you if you have wide hips or not or a little bit of fat. If you are 34-35 inch in wist size I would order L and if they are too long just shrink them up!

Just got mine for an xmas present. The waist is perfect just the length is a bit of a problem. Like you did I will wash them at a high temp then dry them.

Quick question. How long did you put them in the dryer for and on what level? I just need an inch or two shrinkage in the leg length.

Just got mine for an xmas present. The waist is perfect just the length is a bit of a problem. Like you did I will wash them at a high temp then dry them.

Quick question. How long did you put them in the dryer for and on what level? I just need an inch or two shrinkage in the leg length.

at 75

Back