Sprawl G-Flex

K.O.T.S.

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Is it worth the extra 10 bucks? I grapple a lot but I want a new pair of shorts for an upcoming kickboxing fight and I like the sprawl v-flexes that i have. Not sure if i should just get another pair of the v-flex or go with the new ones seeing how i havent got a chance to see how they feel or look.

i haven't tried the g-flexs, but if you are using them for a kickboxing match i would say just stick to the sprawls you alread have

I wanted a new pair of shorts and figured the extra few bucks wouldn't hurt so i bought them. I haven't tried them out yet (tomorrow) but the material does grip the skin.

Don't have a pair, can't wait to try some out when I get the cash though. I've heard nothing but good things.

If you're just gonna use them exclusively to kickbox, then you can just ignore the grip panels. You won't even notice them because they don't interfere with kicking/kneeing.

That said, the shorts are still worth the money. They're a bit lighter than the previous Sprawls, and just as high quality and durable. The new 4 way stretch fabric dries faster than the previous material, and it has a nicer feel. Plus, some of the new designs are really nice. My current favorite pair of shorts.

hmm might need to pick a pair of these things up.

I've decided these are going to be my next shorts I buy, once again a decision made by sherdogs reviews. I'll be getting these and a pair of the Fairtex AB1's.

I love the G-Flex series. Lightweight and Durable on the mats. Admittedly, I have only used them grappling (not during any Muay Thai training).

yeah man the g flex's are definitely worth it ive used em for muay thai training grappling everything and they r perfect for mma in general love em

Does anyone have any experience shrinking Sprawl shorts? I ordered the same size as my last pair and they seem large. That or I'm loosing weight (which I am, but they should still fit).

I don't think they'll shrink... in fact I'm sure they don't. But you can always return and exchange them for a smaller size. They have great customer service. They do run a little loose. If I were to order another pair of G-Flex shorts later on, I'd go a size down from my normal shorts size in other brands.

djvash I don't think you can shrink it. The material itself doesn't shrink. My friend tried to shrink his by leaving it in the dryer for half an hour and it didn't work.

They wont shrink, I have also tried.

Anyone know if they will be making a closed seam G-flex?

They wont shrink, I have also tried.

Anyone know if they will be making a closed seam G-flex?

I am not sure...

but i thought that i remembered Steve mentioning that Sprawl was working on some sort of new closed seam short for a mid march release...

whether it will be G-Flex or not...i guess we will have to wait and see...

Unless you want to let us in on the secret Steve!:icon_chee

I am not sure...

but i thought that i remembered Steve mentioning that Sprawl was working on some sort of new closed seam short for a mid march release...

whether it will be G-Flex or not...i guess we will have to wait and see...

Unless you want to let us in on the secret Steve!:icon_chee

I remember him posting in the long G-Flex thread about these, but he said they weren't going to be G-Flex shorts. I'm hoping that even if they're not, that they use the new 4 way stretch fabric that the G-Flex uses.

Anyhow, back to the looseness issue... I guess when Sprawl markets their shorts as loose-fit, they sure mean it, lol. It should be a rule of thumb now to order 1 size down if you don't want it to be too loose on you. Ordering my actual waist size (40), I find there's TONS of room for my hips, thighs and ass, and I have huge hips, thighs and a Tyson Griffin-esque ass. Almost too much room, but not so much that it's uncomfortable really. I just think I could've gone a smaller size and it would've still been fine, which I will do in the future if I get another G-Flex. Maybe I'll even try 2 sizes down, if I'm daring. Yes, they are that roomy.

Back