Sprawl Exocage shorts

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Reviews' started by Toan Nguyen, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Toan Nguyen

Toan Nguyen Amateur Fighter

Hey everyone, alright saw a few weeks back I’ve been looking online to buy some new shorts, and went into Sprawl.tv and they got a huge clearance sale for clearance stock, a lot of Grip-Flex and V-flex shorts for sale, but a lot of them are for bigger guys. Me being a size 30, I saw the black Exocage shorts (small) for sale at $16.50! I couldn’t let that opportunity go, so I bought two of those, along with two Grip-Flex shorts size 40 for a friend of mine. I made the order on August 25th 2010 and received it on September 7th 2010 in Brisbane, QLD, Australia.

Since it’s promoted as an “outside-the-cage- short, I took it as that and wore it around. I do want to say, like with all of their products, Sprawl make HIGH-QUALITY gear, and these exocage shorts are no different, they’re great! Pretty comfortable, made of the same material used in their V-Flex shorts, no split seam. The elastic is great for adjusting I guess in between from size 29 to 31, like what the chart says. The colours are great, very simple, yet state-of-the-art looking, and original from the skulls, chains, crossbone stuff I see a lot now with other MMA brands, and it’s great that they don’t shine like some boardshorts i own. The Velcro-closure system is trademark-Sprawl, just a little smaller and shorter Although it would be nice if there was a logo the Velcro-bar, if it’s the big SPRAWL or their yin-yang-type logo, that would be awesome. I prefer shorts like that anyway, with the drawstring inside, so when I wear a shirt it doesn’t look like a have a funny-looking lump around the groin area sticking out. Pockets are great, I like the one on the right were it is near the thigh area, instead of on the back like with other boardshorts, and the phone pocket on the left. If I had a choice, I would’ve preferred the main pocket on the left, and the phone pocket on the right.

Walking around, it’s comfortable, and I guess if I was to roll or train in them, it wouldn’t be that different from the actual fight shorts, as I don’t have big legs, therefore I don’t need the split seam to help me get through. The photos for the shorts can show some indication of what they’re like. I am very happy with the service and price I got from Sprawl, and am seriously thinking of buying a whole lot more while I still have some chunk of money from my tax return. I recommend these shorts for just being casual, at least in a summer lifestyle like in Australia. It’s cool, because not many people know what brand Sprawl is, and I like to go against the trend. So, to put it in a statistical answer, it’s like this...

Brand – 10/10
    Price – 10/10
    Design – 9/10
    Functionality – 9/10
    Fit/Feel – 8/10
    Durability – 8/10

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]