Sports watch

rEdShawks

Brown Belt
Reaction score
So my crappy 15 dollar stop watch broke and i think its time for me now to buy a more pricey watch with more functions that i will use primarily for running. I am looking for a watch that cost less than 200$ preferably under 150$, and frankly i dont know where to begin, i started googling it and there is alot of information that is either not clear or i dont understand , so i came here to find out what you guys use and/or recommend. Regarding HRM for >150$ i guess i expect it to come with one, but if their is a watch for half the price with everything else besides a HRM i might buy the cheaper one. So which watch do you guys think is the best

thankyou

Also: is the HRM worth it, does it really better your training ect. ?

after searching for literally hours, i decided i dont want a HRM since all the cheap ones suck, and id rather get a 20< <75 dollar watch that has a decent memory can give time and pace , any recomendations?

If you are looking for a good watch to wear while training, the Timex IRONMAN have done good by me for years. They run about $50. The most currrent models are standard with a 30-lap memory, stop watch, timer and are water resistance to 100m.

If you want any more bells-n-whistles than that, you are starting to talk about GPS for pacing/distance and/or HRM. That will cost you a whole lot more than $50.

If you are looking for a good watch to wear while training, the Timex IRONMAN have done good by me for years. They run about $50. The most currrent models are standard with a 30-lap memory, stop watch, timer and are water resistance to 100m.

If you want any more bells-n-whistles than that, you are starting to talk about GPS for pacing/distance and/or HRM. That will cost you a whole lot more than $50.

so the timex doesnt give u the distance and pace u ran?

so the timex doesnt give u the distance and pace u ran?

If you want one for running you need either a gps one (which start at around $80-90 for the old brick ones) or something with a cadence thing to attach to your shoe.

I'm looking at ebay for a forerunner 305, looking at $170 at the mo. Retail they are $270

If you want one for running you need either a gps one (which start at around $80-90 for the old brick ones) or something with a cadence thing to attach to your shoe.

I'm looking at ebay for a forerunner 305, looking at $170 at the mo. Retail they are $270

yeah garmins are cool, i heard the 205 or maybe 201 is not very acurate, but anyhow that watch is too i dont wierd for me to wear around when im not exercising + the insane cost so ill pass. anyone know of a cheap (under 100) watch that acurately shows time and distance?

yeah garmins are cool, i heard the 205 or maybe 201 is not very acurate, but anyhow that watch is too i dont wierd for me to wear around when im not exercising + the insane cost so ill pass. anyone know of a cheap (under 100) watch that acurately shows time and distance?

that does distance on the road as well?

You'll need a cadance thing to attach to your shoe.

They upgraded the gps from 201 to 205. 205 and 305 (the 5 donating the upgrade) has a 5-10 m error in location.

Back