News Sports cards collecting rising in popularity, Mike Trout signed rookie goes for $922k, Box Breaks

Sadly, he is kind of forgotten. Some players, such as joe carter have kept a close tie with the city. He had a celebrity golf tournament he held each year, so that keeps him in the news. But they would all getting a standing ovation if they ever came back to visit. was a great time for the city, the early 90’s.
Yes. The trade paid off. We knew Robbie was a legend, but joe had an amazing run here.

yeah olerud is probably 1/2 a step above shawn green in the pantheon of forgotten jays

Yeah Olerud is a low key guy man, I just looked it up and retired in his home state of Washington.

Raul Mondesi! I remember he was my dude back int he day, Its a shame brother Dogers failed twice at the world series recently and we got a stacked team.

I remember when Manny Ramirez came over as well that what kick started the Dogers to start getting top talent again.

hate mondesi because he cost us the aforementioned green

raul is currently doing an 8 year bid for political corruption in PR lol

hate mondesi because he cost us the aforementioned green

raul is currently doing an 8 year bid for political corruption in PR lol
Didnt Green request a huge contract from the Jays on purpose so he could go into free agency knowing they wouldn't be able to pay him? I remember he was happy to be back home in LA when he first came to the Dodgers and he signed a massive contract.

Didnt Green request a huge contract from the Jays on purpose so he could go into free agency knowing they wouldn't be able to pay him? I remember he was happy to be back home in LA when he first came to the Dodgers and he signed a massive contract.

yeah i'm glossing over that, just butthurt we lost that green-delgado duo. good for 80 HR between them

luckily in 2000 everyone stepped up to cover mondesi's underperforming ass, 7 guys with 20+ HR

the OG batista bomber

od9XKmZxPAiVDQsjlN1Liulih_Z7OJIUQUc_P6OlJWci73yCTjUvxUgobTpNwjO7B-oojBgrm1D1pT_l6bfhBSYIMFbwUPC8Beg0nBAgCRFbBh0k1W3YbaAsHuZcf2_hF1Ogsg9dTRmxjZYpDb8

luckily in 2000 everyone stepped up to cover mondesi's underperforming ass, 7 guys with 20+ HR

the OG batista bomber

od9XKmZxPAiVDQsjlN1Liulih_Z7OJIUQUc_P6OlJWci73yCTjUvxUgobTpNwjO7B-oojBgrm1D1pT_l6bfhBSYIMFbwUPC8Beg0nBAgCRFbBh0k1W3YbaAsHuZcf2_hF1Ogsg9dTRmxjZYpDb8
Raul was a big deal when he was with the Dodgers he had a solid 3 years before going to the Jays then getting injured. Rauls hype reminded me of Puigs. Dude fell off after getting traded to the Jays, the Dodgers probably knew he was injury prone.

Nothing surprises me anymore. To think his logoman exquisite 1/1 went for $30k a few years back.

That card today I would have guessed maybe $100-$150k
Cards are confusing to me some cards you would think would sell for more but sell for less and then you get these shockers 1 million, but I guess the way the rate the price is who ever is willing to pay, it was sold via auction so I guess thats why so high people out bidding.

Its rated by Beckett, if you have a high value card would you get it graded and cases by Beckett will that help it sell better? I used to buy beckett all the time in the 90s to check the prices of my cards.

Cards are confusing to me some cards you would think would sell for more but sell for less and then you get these shockers 1 million, but I guess the way the rate the price is who ever is willing to pay, it was sold via auction so I guess thats why so high people out bidding.

Its rated by Beckett, if you have a high value card would you get it graded and cases by Beckett will that help it sell better? I used to buy beckett all the time in the 90s to check the prices of my cards.
Usually with low numbered cards, the price isn't affected all that much by the grade. Especially in that price range.

The only time you see a huge jump in price from one grade to another is in vintage. A lot of times people like to grade high dollar modern cards so they don't have a claim opened against them after selling on eBay for item not as described.

yeah olerud is probably 1/2 a step above shawn green in the pantheon of forgotten jays

Damn, Jays fans don't celebrate Olerud? He flirted with .400 for most of that season way back when.

Lanky ass skinny guy walked up to the plate looking like a bank teller or something and just embarrassed pitchers.

Damn, Jays fans don't celebrate Olerud? He flirted with .400 for most of that season way back when.

Lanky ass skinny guy walked up to the plate looking like a bank teller or something and just embarrassed pitchers.
its sad really, I rarely hear his name called anymore

lol I haven't heard that name John Olerud in ages

I got to meet him when my cousin was chosen to be a batboy for an A's game.

3agXmuw.jpg

I got John's autograph and Paul Molitor. Joe Carter said "I'll be back kid" and never returned lol

Comics are the same way, as you know, bro. I found a near-mint copy of THE ETERNALS #1 in a dollar bin a few years ago & I pretty much forgot that I had it in my collection until just recently when I was on eBay & saw graded copies going for $150. Ungraded it's a hundred dollar book now because of the movie that's coming out based on it next year.

I was thinking of selling it while it's a hot book but I can't think of anything I'd do with the hundred bucks other than spending it on another collectible of some kind so I may as well just sit on it. If the movie's a hit like most Marvel movies are then it'll only go up in value.

@TeTe

How is Trae Young rookies looking. 200-400 sound right? Or lower. I seen a auto at the local shop that one for a decent price and might grab it but really need Freak Greek rookie one day.

Man I found a 3 card block holder that has my Bo Jackson topps rookie, Dwight Gooden rookie, and one other good card.. The Bo Jackson in mint is selling really high, and of course that is the one corner screw missing from the block, and some moisture damage occurred on only the fkn Jackson.

That's my life.

@TeTe

How is Trae Young rookies looking. 200-400 sound right? Or lower. I seen a auto at the local shop that one for a decent price and might grab it but really need Freak Greek rookie one day.
Yeah, I think his lower end autos are going for $150-200 right now.

I'm guessing prices have been inflated by money laudering as in the art market.

Back