News Sports cards collecting rising in popularity, Mike Trout signed rookie goes for $922k, Box Breaks

Didn't the card market collapse big time in the early 90s? Did sports cards come back, or are these the same cards from when we were kids?
the have been pretty worthless from like 2004 until now the cards from the 80's 90's are barely worth 10 to 25 cents because they are over produced I have a shit load of crazy cards and I can barely sell them on ebay for minimal profit. if a card does have some supposed value you have to maintain it in pristine condition and get it graded which is expensive and you might ended up losing money if it doesn't sell which happens.

I have a Cal Ripken Jr rookie card with a racial slur written on it from Mike Tyson.

How much is that worth?

Also there is some light white staining on the lower backside of the card. Where the Stats are pictured.

I have a Cal Ripken Jr rookie card with a racial slur written on it from Mike Tyson.

How much is that worth?

Also there is some light white staining on the lower backside of the card. Where the Stats are pictured.
lolwut I think you were referring to the bill ripken fuckface card.I wouldn't even sell it because it is so cool.
full_cropped_Untitled.jpg

damn I have an Upperdeck Jordan card at my mom's somewhere.

It is so cringe bro. The collectors are all adults. The packs are like little slot machines for them. Kids don't buy cards anymore. It is so fucking lame.

Cringe is you insulting people because of a hobby that hurts absolutely no one, as well as implying adults shouldn't be able to enjoy it. The only people who worry about being too old to enjoy hobbies like this are people who are too scared to not be seen as adults by their peers. Mature people don't give it a second thought.

Speaks volumes about you, bro. You sound like a massive dick head.

I have that card too but the entire card has white staining all over it.
you might get some money on ebay but I don't think you could get it graded for an auction but I could be wrong...very wrong. one way to find out the vaoue is to see other auctions on ebay.

you might get some money on ebay but I don't think you could get it graded for an auction but I could be wrong...very wrong. one way to find out the vaoue is to see other auctions on ebay.

I do have a mint Don Mattingly rookie card and 2 closed and wrapped full sets of the year MLB went on strike.

Cringe is you insulting people because of a hobby that hurts absolutely no one, as well as implying adults shouldn't be able to enjoy it. The only people who worry about being too old to enjoy hobbies like this are people who are too scared to not be seen as adults by their peers. Mature people don't give it a second thought.

Speaks volumes about you, bro. You sound like a massive dick head.
It hurts a lot of people actually. Care to find out why?

I’ve been trying to find my Kobe rookie cards, the Mark Jackson hoops card with the Menendez brothers in it....and my 93-94 Topps Finest Michael Jordan card which I believe might be a refractor...but cards were so dead in the water over the last 20 years that I didn’t keep my collection tidy and all of my cards are scattered in boxes.

Lol I saw Gary Vaynerchuk going on about these a while back and figured he'd finally cracked.

Gave my grandson my son's MJ rookie card back in the 90s (not his father but uncles card) he ended up trading it in the late 90s at school for 3x pokemon rare cards and an gameboy pocket. Still give him shit as an adult today.

So I just need to get MJ to sign my MJ baseball card and Im going on a Princess Cruise?
The mecca for a 7 year old me and my buddies was the KG Jr. Upper Deck rookie card.....sadly I never got my hands on one. Do you remember the Bowman cards from that era that were about an inch taller than Topps, Donruss, Fleer, etc.? Those were the bain of my exsistance! It was impossible to find plastic card pages or cases for them, it was beyond frustrating. My prized cards were a Barry Bonds Topps rookie card, a Mark Mcguire Team USA rookie card1989-Upper-Deck-Baseball-1-Ken-Griffey-Jr.jpg and a signed Andre Dawson rookie card. I still have them tucked in one of my storages somewhere. Gotta go dig them out.

Because they are for kids and adults are ruining the kids fun.

Yeah, I was expecting something with reasoning and a bit more depth lol.

I said explain how it hurts anyone, as in how adults also collecting them would ruin a kid's enjoyment of them also.

Card collecting became popular from the World War II generation, and then baby boomers saw value in it and made it worth something.

Baseball has lost a lot of popularity since the 90's, and generations from 2000 on have been less invested in it.

Generation Z has already started phasing it out. You never hear anyone young talk about spending money on cards anymore.
By the time Generation A-2 arrives, all of these cards will be completely worthless.

The comic book market is actually more profitable than the baseball card collecting market.

The problem with cards is even one out of the pack could not get a mint grade if something like the borders are not perfectly symetric. Then you have to pay to get them graded, once a card gets a good grade then it may be worth something.
Grading isn't a necessity. Hell, I sold a redemption for a Panini Contenders Ezekiel Elliot rookie auto the day after I pulled it for $700. I only buy and sell singles, 99 percent of them ungraded. I used to buy unopened wax but the shit is way too expensive now. I let someone else take the hit and buy their pulls.

Lol I saw Gary Vaynerchuk going on about these a while back and figured he'd finally cracked.
I've sold Gary Vee vintage cards before through LinkedIn

Back