News Sports cards collecting rising in popularity, Mike Trout signed rookie goes for $922k, Box Breaks

you for real? or joking

if true thats amazing, did you get it graded before selling it or just put it up on Ebay? Ebay has authenticity grading for sneakers sold but they dont for cards sold which is weird.

Fo real. I did get it graded. There is really only two grading services that card collectors trust so any 3rd party service would be pointless. C569E75C-D57B-4972-918C-86CEA513F14A.jpeg

Any of yall paying attention to the Topps70 project thats been going on lately? Lots of dope cards by lots of cool artists

Fo real. I did get it graded. There is really only two grading services that card collectors trust so any 3rd party service would be pointless. View attachment 843811

What place is that? and how much it cost?

How does grading work do you ship it or go in person? 17 years ago I sent my comic books to be CGC graded but they got lost in transit :( I had sent out 15 comic books I had some real good ones too.

I have so many Sports cards but Id have to look through all them to see which are worth anything.

What place is that? and how much it cost?

How does grading work do you ship it or go in person? 17 years ago I sent my comic books to be CGC graded but they got lost in transit :( I had sent out 15 comic books I had some real good ones too.

I have so many Sports cards but Id have to look through all them to see which are worth anything.

I sent it in to PSA. I used their super express service because of the well known backlog they currently have. It cost $200 to get graded but since it came back as a 10 it was well worth it. If you want some help with your cards you can Pm me. I’m most familiar with basketball but I’m pretty good with all sports.

I sent it in to PSA. I used their super express service because of the well known backlog they currently have. It cost $200 to get graded but since it came back as a 10 it was well worth it. If you want some help with your cards you can Pm me. I’m most familiar with basketball but I’m pretty good with all sports.
If you sold it for $7k definitely worth paying the $200.

I never send in cards for grading... Especially since I stopped breaking wax years ago. I'll buy graded for flipping but I just assume the majority of raw singles I buy aren't gradable these days.

If you sold it for $7k definitely worth paying the $200.

I never send in cards for grading... Especially since I stopped breaking wax years ago. I'll buy graded for flipping but I just assume the majority of raw singles I buy aren't gradable these days.

This was literally the only card I have ever sent in. I usually buy cards graded already. And was way less than what this one sold for

Only cards I had graded were with Beckett and possibly cheaper due to subscribing to the price guide and all came back with shittier grades than I hoped for. Nothing anywhere close to 10.

Ill hit you up, I gotta check out my cards man and tell you which ones I got. man 200 bucks is expensive lol, it must have been nerve inducing thinking what if they rate it poorly

how bad doe sthe value drop if the card isn't rated a 10 like every level how much would your Kobe card go in price from 10 to 9 to 8 to 7 etc?

Only cards I had graded were with Beckett and possibly cheaper due to subscribing to the price guide and all came back with shittier grades than I hoped for. Nothing anywhere close to 10.
Thats what im scared of, what if they ruin my card and grade and case it with a poor score rating. Im screwed and its money down the drain. Id rather take them in person, I had my comics stolen 17 year ago when I sent them to get CGC graded. I was depressed for a long ass time I had a lot of old comics old Supermans that were in pretty good condition too.

Ill hit you up, I gotta check out my cards man and tell you which ones I got. man 200 bucks is expensive lol, it must have been nerve inducing thinking what if they rate it poorly

how bad doe sthe value drop if the card isn't rated a 10 like every level how much would your Kobe card go in price from 10 to 9 to 8 to 7 etc?

10 - 7k
9 - 2k
Less than 9 and I would have cracked it open. I actually had two of this card and I could tell it was superb, but I still really didn’t expect a 10.

Thats what im scared of, what if they ruin my card and grade and case it with a poor score rating. Im screwed and its money down the drain. Id rather take them in person, I had my comics stolen 17 year ago when I sent them to get CGC graded. I was depressed for a long ass time I had a lot of old comics old Supermans that were in pretty good condition too.

You need to examine your cards under a magnifying lens before sending them in. The things to look for vary based on what type of card it is. What I did was a buy a cheap graded 10 card from the same set to have a comparison side by side. My card looked exactly the same under a 10 power lens so I sent it in. And it came back a 10.

You need to examine your cards under a magnifying lens before sending them in. The things to look for vary based on what type of card it is. What I did was a buy a cheap graded 10 card from the same set to have a comparison side by side. My card looked exactly the same under a 10 power lens so I sent it in. And it came back a 10.
man my nerves will be going crazy just waiting to see what they grade my card, so its basically 200 dollars per card to be graded? Can I sell ungraded cards on Ebay? I wish Ebay had some grading department so it goes thru them first and then they send it to the buy graded and cased. and only charge a fee from the item sold, 200 is too rich for my blood.

man my nerves will be going crazy just waiting to see what they grade my card, so its basically 200 dollars per card to be graded? Can I sell ungraded cards on Ebay? I wish Ebay had some grading department so it goes thru them first and then they send it to the buy graded and cased. and only charge a fee from the item sold, 200 is too rich for my blood.
He paid $200 to get expedited service because PSA has a massive back log.

Yes, you can sell raw cards on ebay, 90 percent of the cards I sell are raw.

He paid $200 to get expedited service because PSA has a massive back log.

Yes, you can sell raw cards on ebay, 90 percent of the cards I sell are raw.
I have some stuff on Ebay but I just logged in this morning and they told me I cant sell unless I switch to Bank account not PayPal, wtf? They claim this is to get rid of false buyers and sellers.

Do you put a no return policy? Also do you case them up or just put it in a hard sleeve when shipping?

What was the most you sold a raw card for.

I have some stuff on Ebay but I just logged in this morning and they told me I cant sell unless I switch to Bank account not PayPal, wtf? They claim this is to get rid of false buyers and sellers.

Do you put a no return policy? Also do you case them up or just put it in a hard sleeve when shipping?

Doesn't matter if you put returns or not, eBay will always side with the buyer if they want to return it.

I just send the card in a top loader but I securely package it with commons in a team bag or tape a couple extra top loaders to sides.

Yeah, eBay is trying hard to steer people away from PayPal these days.

To answer your question about the most I've sold a raw card for... I actually sold a redemption card for an ezekiel elliott contenders auto a week after the product came out for $700.

my best friend had a crazy collection, i remember being bummed when everything went digital and his stuff became worthless

i just messaged him about whats going on in ebay, not sure if he still has all that stuff

Back