News Sports Business Journal reports 675K buys for UFC 254

Great considering the timeslot and we also have to consider the TV deals in Russia and Asia that shit bringing money. The Poirier fight had 24% of ALL of Russia watching that's fuckin insane. That AD money going crazy.

I think they made way more than a PPV!
When khabib fights they do not rely on PPV so much but rather on selling the rights on a much higher price than they actually would!

If the numbers that 25% of the entire Russian population watched the game then i am sure they could have sold the right fore more than 7-10mil for Russia only(in case they sold the fight as an individual bundle) then you have to get inti account all the other muslim countries that would like to see khabib fight live and then you see why they don't care so much about the American audience in this case!!!

This is actually very good. I my opinion not so good fight card, the main and the co main event were all the attention was going. One titel fight and also in my country we dont pay for PPV and the fight card did not have a friendly time for the US market.

the ufc isn't paying khabib 12mil in his last 2 fights for nothing. he is most likely getting views internationally from the ufc's tv and cable deals. us ppv is just icing on the cake.

I believe it was on free TV in Russia so I guess that makes sense. People greatly over exaggerate how popular Khabib is in the US. Most random sports fans arent going to have any idea who he is, even after beating Mcgregor.

Airing it during the daytime was a terrible idea if you’re wanting ppv buys. I know they were catering to middle eastern markets, but the US is where the majority of buys come from.

Russians, Germans and Brits don't have to buy PPVs afaik. They can subscribe to a sports subscription service and get the event (DAZN, BT, but not sure if BT is still around? Maybe some brit can comment). In some countries UFC also has a TV deal. I'm sure that's the case with most of the international crowd.
Nobody outside of America buys PPV, we are not retarded enough.
Basically this. My girlfriend couldn't believe it when I told her how much Americans pay.

Buuuuuuuuut sherpups told me Khabib is the biggest draw in MMA.....lol

Love how their source for these numbers is left out. Like always, someone just throws a random number out and people eat it up. Proof would be nice, but whatever.

Back