News Sports Business Journal reports 675K buys for UFC 254

That’s very good numbers all things considered. Only in the US can they get away with these ludicrously priced cards. Mid day card, plus Khabib is bigger overseas than here. I’m sure he pulled amazing numbers in some markets

You’re telling me that Izzy/Costa had better numbers than the number one golden boy Habeeb? Dana must be punching holes in walls right now if those numbers are accurate. I wonder if changing the start time is the cause for this. I had to get up at 2am to watch it where I was in the world.

News flash: you don't have to get up at any time. You simply order the event and press play. Miracle of modern technology.

News flash: you don't have to get up at any time. You simply order the event and press play. Miracle of modern technology.

Thanks for the obvious news flash but I along with many other people only watch events live. Especially when the results are plastered all over social media.

I don't know how they could know, but honestly that's not bad considering it was in the middle of the day.

Yes, globally you goof, the UFC is an international company dont forget that. Khabib is much bigger overseas than here.
no he specifically said the biggest PPV. They don't sell PPVs in most of the world.

675k buys for a midday event in the US only is freakin incredible. This event was prime ppv for europe and that doesn’t seem to be added to this speculation. This could easily be over 1m ppv buys if we’re counting US+EU sales

So Conor still holds ppv record most buys

Khabib vs Poirier was on at the same time and it did 1 million buys, really suprised by this number even with the time change.
Khabib was fresh off the Conor fight, the novelty behind him is gone and a lot of casuals don’t find his fights or personality interesting, the hardcores don’t help as most of them just stream. He’s not a mega star outside Russia.

You’re telling me that Izzy/Costa had better numbers than the number one golden boy Habeeb? Dana must be punching holes in walls right now if those numbers are accurate. I wonder if changing the start time is the cause for this. I had to get up at 2am to watch it where I was in the world.
Lol me too...

Back