News Sports Business Journal reports 675K buys for UFC 254

Hitto

EubG.gif

lol that sucks

Actually no, it was on at a shitty time for a ppv. Also I think the Uk one may have sold good and more importantly UFC got some lucrative TV deals for this fights.

Khabib probably made more than 10 million...

B-But Dana White said it was trending to be the biggest event in UFC history?

Yes, globally you goof, the UFC is an international company dont forget that. Khabib is much bigger overseas than here.

Europe does not have the same PPV model that North America has.

Illegal streaming would have killed this in places like Russia.

The US is the UFCs main paying market in terms of PPV numbers. When you put on an event at a shit time for said market, you should expect shit numbers.

To watch a video on YouTube or to tweet about the fight is free. This is why “trending” numbers are not an accurate reflection of PPV buys.

Edit: This does not mean it was not financially lucrative for the UFC.

Yes, globally you goof, the UFC is an international company dont forget that. Khabib is much bigger overseas than here.

You might be well advised to read my other posts instead of shitting on me for something I know because I am from "overseas" lmao.
PPV's don't even exist here. I could ask 1000 people and nobody would know what a PPV even IS bro.

I literally said in my next post that most of the viewership was through international tv deals or subscription services and it was most likely one of the most watched events in UFC history.
I was just joking at the cost of Dana White.

I think it was pretty well understood that the UFC were willing to take a hit on the PPV part of it to satisfy the Middle Eastern and Russian markets. They still made out like bandits I bet.

Conor carried.
Trump 2020.
McGregor 2021 with fans bless.

Easy 2 million buys against any schmuck for McGregor.

Actually no, it was on at a shitty time for a ppv. Also I think the Uk one may have sold good and more importantly UFC got some lucrative TV deals for this fights.

Khabib probably made more than 10 million...

BT sport? Don’t they watch the fights with a subscription? Isn’t it a reasonable price there? Only place that gets boned is the US with ridiculous prices.

Decent, and for the timeslot.

I think it was only a ppv in Canada and the UK (cheap, 20£) added to the US one. +You can probably buy it on UFC.tv in a lot of random countries as well that doesnt have a national tv UFC deal.

Last edited:
You might be well advised to read my other posts instead of shitting on me for something I know because I am from "overseas" lmao.
PPV's don't even exist here. I could ask 1000 people and nobody would know what a PPV even IS bro.

Cool and?

You didnt even refute anything. Based off how mega popular Khabib is in certain regions its not crazy to think it was the biggest trending ppv for UFC. Sales wise it lagged in US but I am actually surprised it sold as well as it did because that is a terrible ppv time slot.

Eitherway UFC was expecting this which must mean that they saw the tv deals/uk ppv as more financially viable which is interesting....

UFC must have made a shit ton overseas to be so willing to disregard a ppv that could have sold 1 million here in states at right time slot. Alot of people didnt see it because they where working or werent aware of time change

Cool and?

You didnt even refute anything. Based off how mega popular Khabib is in certain regions its not crazy to think it was the biggest trending ppv for UFC. Sales wise it lagged in US but I am actually surprised it sold as well as it did because that is a terrible ppv time slot.

Eitherway UFC was expecting this which must mean that they saw the tv deals/uk ppv as more financially viable which is interesting....

UFC must have made a shit ton overseas to be so willing to disregard a ppv that could have sold 1 million here in states at right time slot. Alot of people didnt see it because they where working or werent aware of time change
Don't make excuses. Conor vs anyone at 2pm EST does 1mil easy

I don’t know anyone outside US that pays to watch... PPV numbers don’t mean shit when it comes to number of viewers.

BT sport? Don’t they watch the fights with a subscription? Isn’t it a reasonable price there? Only place that gets boned is the US with ridiculous prices.

BT ran a ppv for 254 because they where getting it at a good time slot 7pm. UFC did this to cater(make money) in europe/middle east/Russia where khabib is more popular

That's actually great when you consider the start time with a focus on getting international attention and eyeballs on the product. The UFC has had some great numbers this year.

I guess the time slot didn’t help

Don't make excuses. Conor vs anyone at 2pm EST does 1mil easy

Lol at believing that. Time slots and dates matter alot for live events. Not even just for mma, literally for every sport....

Back