Sport's Authority Fighter of the year Award?

*** I meant to ask Who won the Sport's Writers' FIghter of the year Award?

Petmuangchon won Sport's Authority Award;

Petwason won Raja Award;

Have no idea who won Lumpinee Award or the most prestigious Sport's Writers' Award.

The winner should be announced already.. but nowhere to be seen yet.

Results out in 2 weeks later

Really?

I thought this was announced in march. Wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it back because no one had a clear claim for it. I think Superlek deserves it even though he lost two to Panpayak he beat Sangmanee, Muangthai, Seksan, Pet-U-Thong and Panpayak once and looked rock solid everytime.

Really?

I thought this was announced in march. Wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it back because no one had a clear claim for it. I think Superlek deserves it even though he lost two to Panpayak he beat Sangmanee, Muangthai, Seksan, Pet-U-Thong and Panpayak once and looked rock solid everytime.

the judges look at the credibility of the opponent and the winrate.

yodlekpet seems to be in a good run too.

yes Yodlekpet had an awesome year but Muangthai pulled a masterpiece on him earlier. I don't think you can win the award with a loss like that. But after that he's been on a roll.

The 5 finalist are out

1) Yodlekpet 8 fights, 7 win
2) Kulabdam 7 fights 5 win, 1 draw
3) Petmuengchon 10 fights 8 win 1 draw
4) Kompet 8 fights 8 win
5) Runggit 7 fights 6 win

Seems like Kompet would be the winner

I'd probably vote for Yodlekphet

7th of May I think it will be announced, quality of opposition should be a factor that could see Kompet lose out as still young and lower level

Muangthai beat decisively two of the five finalists!

and I think Petmuangchon wins.

Kulabdam scored one more win last week and won the award.

he's set to rematch Muangthai on June, 5th.

One of judges came out and stated reason Yodlekper didn’t get was because he broke the boxing board rules in his last fight in Japan only having 1 minute rest between rounds instead of two! These awards are becoming more of a joke every year all the Thai boards and Facebook pages full of people complaining about the decision

One of judges came out and stated reason Yodlekper didn’t get was because he broke the boxing board rules in his last fight in Japan only having 1 minute rest between rounds instead of two! These awards are becoming more of a joke every year all the Thai boards and Facebook pages full of people complaining about the decision

Yeah this is a weird reason to deny the award to someone. if they have an issue with it then just don't consider that fight. Funny that Kulabdam fought in Japan recently too.

What I have an issue with is that both of the front runners lost decisively to Muangthai during their campaign. Superlek beat Muangthai which is one more reason to give him the award (I understand he wasn't even considered apparently and I'm probably tripping).

well i didnt watched a lot of the stadiums this year but i wouldnt imagine Kulabdam winning

It should be over wins to lossses, quality and level of opposition and wins. Gularpdam has wins over Nunglarnlek and Darkie, Yodlekpet has convincingly beaten Sangmanee a former winner and Panpayak a 3 times winner, it should be no contest. The sportswriters have had to come out and try and smooth over there has been such an outcry on social media, Yodlekpet’s boss has come out and said they should have them both fight for it and has put up 10 million baht as a side bet!

Yeah this is a weird reason to deny the award to someone. if they have an issue with it then just don't consider that fight. Funny that Kulabdam fought in Japan recently too.

What I have an issue with is that both of the front runners lost decisively to Muangthai during their campaign. Superlek beat Muangthai which is one more reason to give him the award (I understand he wasn't even considered apparently and I'm probably tripping).
And then again Panpayak beat Superlek!

And then again Panpayak beat Superlek!

But none of those wins were nearly as dominant as Muangthai's wins over those guys. Anyway I would be totally fine with Yodlekpet winning the award, his win list since that loss to Muangthai is badass. it'll be cool if they have a big grudge match Kulabdam vs. Yodlekpet.

Back