Spooky workout

jm0b

Puncher of Holes
@Blue
Reaction score
Alright gang so I'm in my commercial (normie, soccer-mom, old-dude etc) gym putting some work in on the heavy bag. Now, the "boxing area" is located next to all the 1lb, 2lb dumbbells and yoga mats... So you can imagine some of the very nice views that are to be had during my workout some of the time.

(Not that I'd ever notice, being in my near inhuman state of heightened concentration.)

Anyway, I'm going through my bag routine and get to the round I like to call "gone fishin'". Basically this round is all about throwing out hooks for those who aren't quite as quick on the uptake as others (maybe some guys from the UFC board are browsing for instance (Hi!) ).

So i throw a loose but hard right hook off the hip, imagining myself landing right under the guard of some schmuck defending his head too enthusiastically. I must have caught it funny or right on a nerve because as I followed through I felt immediate pins and needles shoot up my arm. The sensation quickly stopped but I ended the workout there because spooky.

Then, walking back to the changing rooms I had that feeling at the back of my right-sided jaw you get when you catch a good one and the cartilage or w/e is all jumbled about and needs to click back in. Also my two big toes had the same sensation of pins and needles!? Very strange.

I feel fine and I drove home alright, but just wondering wtf I possibly did? Google isn't giving me the answers!!!

Alright gang so I'm in my commercial (normie, soccer-mom, old-dude etc) gym putting some work in on the heavy bag. Now, the "boxing area" is located next to all the 1lb, 2lb dumbbells and yoga mats... So you can imagine some of the very nice views that are to be had during my workout some of the time.

(Not that I'd ever notice, being in my near inhuman state of heightened concentration.)

Anyway, I'm going through my bag routine and get to the round I like to call "gone fishin'". Basically this round is all about throwing out hooks for those who aren't quite as quick on the uptake as others (maybe some guys from the UFC board are browsing for instance (Hi!) ).

So i throw a loose but hard right hook off the hip, imagining myself landing right under the guard of some schmuck defending his head too enthusiastically. I must have caught it funny or right on a nerve because as I followed through I felt immediate pins and needles shoot up my arm. The sensation quickly stopped but I ended the workout there because spooky.

Then, walking back to the changing rooms I had that feeling at the back of my right-sided jaw you get when you catch a good one and the cartilage or w/e is all jumbled about and needs to click back in. Also my two big toes had the same sensation of pins and needles!? Very strange.

I feel fine and I drove home alright, but just wondering wtf I possibly did? Google isn't giving me the answers!!!

You fucked up a ghost while you were shadow boxing.... and now he's pissed.... and he's attempting to take over your body. Happens all of the time, to me.

You fucked up a ghost while you were shadow boxing.... and now he's pissed.... and he's attempting to take over your body. Happens all of the time, to me.
It's funny you were the first responder, 'cause as I read the initial post I thought....This reads like classic Barman. Is Jm0b your alter ego?

It SOUNDS like you pinched a nerve as you twisted your torso into the punch. If it lingers for a while (say over a day) go get checked out. It SHOULD, however, go away relatively quickly, so don't worry about it unless it recurs.

Are you under 40 years old?

It's funny you were the first responder, 'cause as I read the initial post I thought....This reads like classic Barman. Is Jm0b your alter ego?

It SOUNDS like you pinched a nerve as you twisted your torso into the punch. If it lingers for a while (say over a day) go get checked out. It SHOULD, however, go away relatively quickly, so don't worry about it unless it recurs.

Are you under 40 years old?

Yeah it's all gone now a day later.

I'm 23 with a fair few amateur fights under my belt and probably over a thousand hours being in a boxing gym. First time anything like that has happened so was a bit perplexed. I'll go to a doctor if it happens again now it's happened once.

This guy also commented in a thread called Spooky Conversations.

Which means he typed "Spooky" into the search thread like this is a Halloween Forun

Trapped nerve maybe, I've had the pins and needles sensation, but usually a bit of rest and it's good. Possession is another possibility, ghost maybe angry that you neglected the triple jab in that final round.

Back