*Spolier* Hughes v. Almedia

BJJ:icon_neut?

Ive seen this kind of hold applied to control a front head and arm or to tire an opponent countless times in wrestling. Not EVERY submission has its orgins in BJJ.

The guy who answered "kata gatame" was crediting jujutsu, not BJJ.

That said, it's a kata gatame in a technical sense, but wrestlers are the only guys I've seen use it regularly. Obviously they don't use it aa a "choke", but as a "convincer" to turn their opponent and get the pin after their guy is loopy from "not getting choked".

man, that choke must have come on fast, big dog didn't even reach up to try and break the grip!

man, that choke must have come on fast, big dog didn't even reach up to try and break the grip!

i think Hughes' "old man strength" was a big factor, i couldn't believe how tight that squeeze was.

there was one guy at my party who picked Matt via first round submission, and we were all making fun of him... whoops. :redface:

I think he had made a decision not to tap out before the fight, but in the moment I dunno that he had the time to make a decision. Excellent KO! I can't imagine having a KO via Submission against a 3rd degree Renzo BB.

BJJ:icon_neut?

Ive seen this kind of hold applied to control a front head and arm or to tire an opponent countless times in wrestling. Not EVERY submission has its orgins in BJJ.

Technically very few submissions have their origins bjj!

Back