1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Spoiled by Fightpass, WTF

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Rvd Slmr, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Rvd Slmr Silver Belt Platinum Member

The new Fightpass is literally spoiling everyone that isn't watching the fights live, that's a damn stupid thing to do with all the foreigners watching it the next day. I carefully avoid all social media so I can watch the UFC on Sunday mornings, and then I get two thumbnails of Conor smiling at the post-fight press conference looking like he didn't even fight. It wasn't happening in the previous version of Fight Pass, they had a generic picture of Dana so it wouldn't spoil the results.

conor.jpg

Fuck that, this is what I get for not torrenting that shit.

2. waldywaldy lol motherfuckers

3. TheLinguist You’ve yee’d your last haw Banned

You bad sheep.

Don’t give them money.

Watch but don’t pay.

4. Lukn4trbl Brown Belt

You didn't miss much.

Cowboy forgot how to fight.

/Fight pass

5. 2sk Brown Belt

have to be careful my friend I do the same after so many years I learnt so many times that any browsing on sunday can spoil it. enough to see 1 picture or a face.

i knew that the fight is gonna be 1 round because i fast forwarded the card seeing that the main fight occupies around 15 mins of show time...

6. Rvd Slmr Silver Belt Platinum Member

I'm always extra careful, but what can I do when the UFC itself is spoiling the fight on it's own prelims?

There's still the excitement and build-up of the walk-ins, all of this is gone when you already know Conor won and that it was one-sided enough for him to be unscathed at the press conference.

7. Just Creed Gold Belt

I remember when I got a Fightpass notification saying that Josh Barnett submitted Andrei Arlovski, I was planning to watch it the next day

8. LastBlood Banned Banned

i noticed that too and i think this is so fucking crazy retarded, as if reebok was in charge of the new website design. Its NUTS to spoil your own fights and i dont understand how any ceo could sign this shit. Fucking ridiculous

9. empsim Black Belt

yeah its bad

in the last version when you selected a fight it immediately showed the stats for that fight under the player. you couldn't even hide it, had to adjust the window size.

that is thankfully gone, but now they came up with this new genius idea.

10. Rvd Slmr Silver Belt Platinum Member

The whole purpose of Fightpass prelims is to hype you up for the PPV, having spoilers there is insane.

11. LastBlood Banned Banned

its not just the prelims. all the fights are being spoilert. Its just the random thumbnails that give it away everytime. This needs to be fixed ASAP!

12. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

I deal with this on ESPN+ as well for the foreign events. I always have my wife start the event for me because there are a ton of thumbnails with spoilers.

13. Andrew06 Brown Belt

sports fans watch events live or they shouldn't care about spoilers

14. Tomasz79 Green Belt

Sometimes there's little you can do when you get hit by a thumbnail out of nowhere that wasn't supposed to be there etc.

But you can learn interface /typical placment of things and cover part of the screen with your hand or something else before you click what you wanted to watch, or half close your eyes to don't see clearly to awoid pictures, text and so on... go full screen and avoid looking at how much time's left on progress bar etc.

It's not easy to don't ever get things spoiled in Europe, but there are little things you can do to increase those chances of watching things spoiler free. An art form in itself.

15. Tomasz79 Green Belt

Funny, last night was the first time I've ever watched UFC event live (I'm in Europe and don't use a tv), and I'm a fan close to 10 years and care a lot about spoilers. Was able to avoid any for like 95% of time.

16. Rvd Slmr Silver Belt Platinum Member

I'm not staying up until 5 in the morning every two weeks, I don't think it's too much to ask to not have Fightpass spoiling itself for 24 hours.

17. Mob69 Black Belt

Pay attention UFC employees! Fix this shit.

18. GrantB13 Red Belt

That works for ball sports because who the hell is going to catch up on a 3 hour football game the next day? With racing and MMA you wanna see how it goes down for yourself.