Split programs of body part each day of the week?

Mon - chest

Tues - back/traps

Wed - legs

Thur - shoulders

Fri - biceps/triceps

This is really retarded.

Back/traps will get somewhat tired from Monday's chest workout and you won't be able to be 100% recovered by Tuesday. Of course that wouldn't be an issue if you were not working them to exhaustion, but that would be gay.

I'd say:
Mon - chest
Tues - legs
Wed - back/traps
Thur - biceps/triceps
Fri - shoulders

But wouldn't you get gains more by spending a full amount of energy into a specific part of your body? Instead of doing your chest workout and then having less energy to do biceps/triceps?

I want to discuss this topic with other members.... FAQ doesn't answer everything.

If you're not a troll...

You're better off doing splits based on push/pull/legs because that's how the body functions. The more you teach and train your body to work in a functional matter, the stronger you will be. The rest of the "body part" training should just be auxiliary for the big movements.

Besides, the biggest movements are what get you the strongest anyways.

This is really retarded.

Back/traps will get somewhat tired from Monday's chest workout and you won't be able to be 100% recovered by Tuesday. Of course that wouldn't be an issue if you were not working them to exhaustion, but that would be gay.

I'd say:
Mon - chest
Tues - legs
Wed - back/traps
Thur - biceps/triceps
Fri - shoulders

I don't know what lifts he's doing, but putting bench, squats, and deads on 3 consecutive days sounds like death.

there's a lot of sarcasm here and you definitely deserve it. Read the entire FAQ with an open mind.

However........

If you insist on doing this 5 day split,

Day 1: Legs- start with squats, finish with lunges and a hamstring movement like Stiff legged deadlifts
Day 2: shoulders- start with overhead press, don't do anything else
Day 3: Back- start with deadlifts, finish with pull-ups or rows, and then do shrugs
Day 4: biceps/triceps
Day 5: Chest- start with flat bench, finish with dips and/or incline bench

Legs, back and chest are the larger muscle groups and the best exercises for them will exhaust you the most. Therefore, Day 2 and 4 give you that rest. You can do shoulders and arm work on those days, but don't feel guilty about skipping those workouts some weeks. Make sure you hit the leg, back and chest days week in week out.

This is not the place nor the crowd, head over to tnation or bb.com. You'll get what you need there.

Bodybuilding is considered strength and conditioning.

No, it's not. Bodybuilding is lifting for muscular size, shape, aesthetics, or whatever the fuck you wanna call it. Strength training is for getting stronger and lifting more weight. To give an example, I met Toney Freeman. He is massive and his legs are scary they're so big. He's never squatted over 500 lbs, while I do over 500 every time I do a squat session. He is very good at training for his goals, but those goals are not Strength & Conditioning.

EDIT: Here's a pic of him making me look tiny
1115082141.jpg

Dang, Tosa beat me to it so instead.... dance party!!!

dance.gif
dance6.gif
dance7.gif
dance2.gif

If you want results do a push, pull, legs routine or basic strength routine...I mean as stated if your going for a jacked look bodybuilding with a bodybuilder's type diet will do that. If your going for mass and strength, eat lots of everything healthy and do the big 3 and some olys.

Definitely not trolling.... I respect this forum to much to do it.

My program right now

Day 1 Shoulders + Traps + Abs
Barbell Overhead Press 5 Sets of 6,6,10,10,12 Reps
Leaning Lateral Raise 5 sets of 6,6,10,10,12 reps
Upright row 5 sets of 6,6,10,10,12 Reps
Bent Over Lateral Raise 6,6,10,10,12 Reps
Barbell Shrug 6,6,10,10,12 Reps
Weighted Crunch 10,10,12

Tricep + Biceps
Dumbell Lying Extension 6,6,10,10,12
Pushdown 6,6,10,10,12
Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extension 6,6,10,10,12
Barbell Curl 6,6,10,10,12
Incline Curl 6,6,10,10,12
Preacher Curl 6,6,10,10,12

Legs
Squat 6,6,10,10,12
Leg Press 6,6,10,10,12
Leg Extension 6,6,10,10,12
Lunge 6,6,10,10,12
Romanien Deadlift 6,6,10,10,12
Lying Leg Curl 6,6,10,10,12

Chest + Abs
Bench Press 6,6,10,10,12
Incline Bench Press 6,6,10,10,12
Decline Bench Press 6,6,10,10,12
Weighted Dip 6,6,10,10,12

Back
Deadlift 6,6,10,10,12
Barbell Row 6,6,10,10,12
T-Bar Row 6,6,10,10,12
Seated Cabel Row 6,6,10,10,12
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown

I'm curious what you guys think of that routine also...

Have you read the FAQ yet? And the link to the thread on various routines? Have you noticed the very big differences between what you posted, and what's in those threads?

Barbell Curl 6,6,10,10,12
Incline Curl 6,6,10,10,12
Preacher Curl 6,6,10,10,12

What do the last 44 reps of curls do for you that the first 88 reps didn't do?

How long do these workouts take you? You've got 30 sets per workout, the time to do each set, and the rest period.

General comments:

1. You really need to read the FAQ. You'll notice that the routines in the FAQ are much different from what you are doing. There's a reason for that.
2. You are doing too much stuff. If your arm day went away and all you did was the very first exercise that you had listed each day, you'd have something closer to a routine that would build a lot of strength (and muscle if you eat right).
3. Your rep range is weird. I'm assuming the 6 rep sets are warmups? Once you start moving more weight in the squat and deadlift, you'll almost certainly need to restructure your warmup sets. Doing 10, 10, 12 also seems weird. Are you doing these at the same weight, or dropping weight in the last set?

Definitely not trolling.... I respect this forum to much to do it.

My program right now

Day 1 Shoulders + Traps + Abs
Barbell Overhead Press 3 Sets of 5 reps

Tricep + Biceps

Legs
Squat 3 * 5

Chest + Abs
Bench Press 3 * 5

Back
Deadlift 1 * 5
Barbell Row 3 * 5

I'm curious what you guys think of that routine also...

There. I've edited out the parts I think you can do without and changed the rep range.

I don't know what lifts he's doing, but putting bench, squats, and deads on 3 consecutive days sounds like death.

Who said anything about bench, squats and deads?

Bench is ok I guess, as long as you keep your feet on the bench, but everybody knows that squats will ruin your knees and deads will ruin you back. Also they will make your waist thick and ugly.

Mon legs - squats 5x6 or 7 reps, weighted lounges 3x12, calf rises 4x15

Tue chest - flat bench 5x7, incline bench 3x10 decline 3x10

Wed back - weighted pullups 5x7, deadlift 3x5, bent over rows 3x12,

Thur shoulders - overhead press 5x7, lateral rises 3x10, upright rows 3x12

Fri biceps/triceps - BB curls 4x8, DB hammer curls 3x12, concentrated curls 3x15
BB kickbacks 4x8, cable pulldowns 3x10, kickbacks 3x12

What do you think about this routine, I have incorporated some strength exercises with BB. I don't do this type of routines, I only lift 2 days a week.

I do this routine only when I'm on holiday and I go with my friend. and there is no boxing gym of course.

Good, because it sucks and you have no idea what your doing. "Bodybuilding is s and c"...your an idiot

Back