Split decisions should mean the champion retains the title.

The split decision thing isn’t great, but the 5 judge rule for title fights is interesting. Of course that would require 5 competent judges. The real answer is probably in a rating system for judges like major sports use for their officials to make sure that the best officials are assigned to the most important fights.

If the judges don’t agree, call it a draw. That idea has been floating around for a while and it kinda grew on me.
That's why there are THREE judges.

Gosh damn.

No.

The UFC going to 5 judges for title fights would be something I could agree with

stare.gif

What? If 2 judges think you won then you won. You know 2 is greater than 1? You just have to win by the smallest margin to win. That's how sports work. If Arsenal beat Spurs on penalties they win. If the Lakers beat Celtics 110-109 They win. I don't get this bullshit fighting term.

couldn't agree more. what's more, if a champion is so much better than the rest, he or she shouldn't even need to win by split-decision.

Judges are done by the ACs and the Acs appoint shitty judges. Keep it at 3

In order to the be be champion you got to beat the champion lmao. It doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning

stop with this logical nonsense!

Didn't you know idiocy is the norm here on Sherdog?

ive said this many times, but i feel compelled again-there should NEVER be a fucking split decision. ever. if it comes down to that, automatic extra round. splits should be removed entirely.

ive said this many times, but i feel compelled again-there should NEVER be a fucking split decision. ever. if it comes down to that, automatic extra round. splits should be removed entirely.

This is a stupid idea for many reasons.

#1 there are often rediclious split decisions where one judge is completely out to lunch from every other score card and you’re now extending the fight.

#2 Basically you could end up having unlimited rounds to get away with a split. For example if MM vs Henry if MM wins round 6 on 2/3 judges score cards the cards could have ended up being 57-55, 56-56, 55-57 which ensure that at least 3 more rounds are required to reach an unanimous decision.

Basically this idea is bad and you should feel bad.

I have a feeling TS doesn't understand what a split decision is.

let's focus on ways to get decent fucking judges instead of revamping the rules

Shouldn't have a title change if the judges can't even make up their mind on who won. in order to be the champion you have to beat the champion
Have similar idea- there should be a 4th judge for that same reason " A split that's involved in title fight"....... and it should be an ex- fighter who's familiar with rules 100%..He then makes the call- if a fight IS THAT CLOSE OR FIGHT STATS actually back up champ then an automatic retain- ment of title applies...

It's as layman as it can get

Split decisions have nothing to do with the fight.

Split decisions are to do with bad judging.

Just fix the fucking judging

I could do it. I could fix judging, or at least make it better. Refereeing too.

The problem is they don't think it's broken and wouldn't want to invest the required resources.

Split decisions have nothing to do with the fight.

Split decisions are to do with bad judging.

Or close fights that are difficult to judge.

Just look at how much disagreement there is on MMA forums regarding fight decisions, and that's with a lot of time to think about it after the fact.

Agreed. But politics runs the sport. Judges are merely puppets. Wme decides who they want to win. If DJ had won, and he did, then they lose money on trilogy fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back