Spiral (Saw Reboot) - Executive Produced by and Starring Chris Rock

I thought it was called Organ Donor.. interesting, I will watch regardless, been hyped since it was announced.

Chris Rock going for that Get Out angle.

Chris Rock going for that Get Out angle.

I get the sense that after Peele did such a strong job with Get Out, a lot of comedic actor/writers have gone the horror route- though working within existing franchises. Danny McBride with Halloween relaunch. Rock with Spiral. Okay so that's just two examples- but prominent ones.

While I thought Halloween's "forget everything that was made after the first one" angle was a bit presumptuous, I felt it was pretty entertaining. This looks like it has potential.

The Saw movies were always a mixed bag. I liked the first and the second a good bit. I thought the third was atrocious and the fourth was unmemorable. But that one with the indictment of the health insurance system (maybe the 6th) that fleshed out Tobin Bell's backstory was pretty damn good. The fact that this one looks like a different type of film that incorporates the Saw lore makes me think it's a step in the right direction.

IMG-3545.jpg

I get the sense that after Peele did such a strong job with Get Out, a lot of comedic actor/writers have gone the horror route- though working within existing franchises. Danny McBride with Halloween relaunch. Rock with Spiral. Okay so that's just two examples- but prominent ones.

While I thought Halloween's "forget everything that was made after the first one" angle was a bit presumptuous, I felt it was pretty entertaining. This looks like it has potential.

The Saw movies were always a mixed bag. I liked the first and the second a good bit. I thought the third was atrocious and the fourth was unmemorable. But that one with the indictment of the health insurance system (maybe the 6th) that fleshed out Tobin Bell's backstory was pretty damn good. The fact that this one looks like a different type of film that incorporates the Saw lore makes me think it's a step in the right direction.

I'll admit that its hard to differentiate between the later films even for me who has seen the Saw films more times than I can count

With that said, Saw 3 is good because its the one that focuses the most on Amanda Young who is awesome.

Saw 4 is the one with the black cop and yeah that one kinda sucks but it introduces a new big bad besides Jigsaw and it does start the FBI side plot which was fine.

Saw 5 is good shit. Hoffman vs Strahm. The ending is awesome *I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I KNOW!*

Saw 6 has the marry go round trap.

SAw 3D kinda sucks but it does have some pretty damn good kills and the ending is a cool call back even if it doesn't make much sense.

Jigsaw sucked and its easily the worst out of the bunch

With all that said I present my definitive Saw film ranking

1. Saw 2
2. Saw
3. Saw 3
4. Saw 5
5. Saw 6
6. Saw 4
7. Saw 3D
8. Jigsaw

Saw is the farthest thing from "bad"

Saw is actually the greatest horror franchise around
Saws alright but I feel it's pretty far from greatest horror franchises around. I'd put these all ahead of it off the top of my head

Alien
Psycho
Phantasm
Evil dead
Exorcist
Omen
Blade

Saws alright but I feel it's pretty far from greatest horror franchises around. I'd put these all ahead of it off the top of my head

Alien
Psycho
Phantasm
Evil dead
Exorcist
Omen
Blade

They make have films that are better sure

But as a whole Saw smashes

People arguing about the best horror franchise... horror is a shit genre, filled with the worst movies. Being the "best" of them is no title worth bragging about.

People arguing about the best horror franchise... horror is a shit genre, filled with the worst movies. Being the "best" of them is no title worth bragging about.
Oh the old horror is a shit genre bullshit, expected from someone with winter soldier as one of their favourite films.

The short chubby wrestler has gotten Lewis twice in Shawn Jordan so it's not out the realm of possibility the better fighter who somewhat matches Shawn's physical attributes in Ilir can receive the same results.
tenor.gif

I’ve had it with these mother f-ing spirals on this mother f-ing wall!!!!

I just want to hear him say "Good lord that's a lot of intestines!"

Alien
Psycho
Phantasm
Evil dead
Exorcist
Omen
Blade

Alien - can’t go wrong there. I think all films were top notch
Psycho - this is was just weird. Should have just been called Weirdo
Phantasm - whaaaaaat? Those B movie sequels were terrible.
Evil dead - crazy scenes in those first two. Not a great franchise though
Exorcist - I’ll give you a thumbs up for listing this but I never cared for it.
Omen - I’ll give you an A for nostalgia on this.
Blade - pretty good. Blade 2 was one of the best movies I’d seen that year. Sad they just stopped at 3.

Saw 6 was he breathe of fresh air they needed. Loved it.

Back