Spinning kick in fight

ITS GOING DOWN *CLAP* ITS GOING DOWN *CLAP* ITS GOING DOWN *CLAP* ITS GOING DOWN *CLAP*

FUCK THAT GUY

Ayyyyy carita.....

Loiseau would be proud.

ShamelessConcernedArctichare-size_restricted.gif

“That’s it?” “Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.”

If nothing else, TKD/point competition gives the person an excellent sense of distance and timing, which translates to any combat situation. As well as the natural flexibility/speed that comes with typical TKD training, especially at the high level.

All of that translates to a huge advantage over any untrained bum. That guy looked like a fat piece of shit, so I assume he acted tough, but was an untrained loser.

If nothing else, TKD/point competition gives the person an excellent sense of distance and timing, which translates to any combat situation. As well as the natural flexibility/speed that comes with typical TKD training, especially at the high level.

All of that translates to a huge advantage over any untrained bum. That guy looked like a fat piece of shit, so I assume he acted tough, but was an untrained loser.
Yup TKD is VERY underrated in real fighting. TKD guys put so much torque in their kicks it's scary.

One of the pros back when I trained came from TKD. I got hit with one of those, might be the worst shot I took in a ton of sparring. I thought an organ exploded. It goes away really fast, but totally incapacitated for more than a ten count.

One of the pros back when I trained came from TKD. I got hit with one of those, might be the worst shot I took in a ton of sparring. I thought an organ exploded. It goes away really fast, but totally incapacitated for more than a ten count.
Yeah I started in TKD, then went through all the Korean Arts, then moved to Kenpo. When I got to Kenpo dudes were amazed at how much of a difference in "snap" my kicks had. (serious toll on my hips now 15 yrs later though).

In a street fight, all it takes is one well placed set-up kick virtually anywhere you want to go and guys don't want to fight anymore. **feint feint WHACK**
Many people dont understand, the TKD point fighting is necessary because real contact sparring breaks bones, rips ligaments and damages organs.

Last edited:
Yeah I started in TKD, then went through all the Korean Arts, then moved to Kenpo. When I got to Kenpo dudes were amazed at how much of a difference in "snap" my kicks had. (serious toll on my hips now 15 yrs later though).

In a street fight, all it takes is one well placed set-up kick virtually anywhere you want to go and guys don't want to fight anymore. **feint feint WHACK**
Many people dont understand, the TKD point fighting is necessary because real contact sparring breaks bones, rips ligaments and damages organs.
I like TKD. The kicks are wicked. I hate the hands down technique, though. It always seems like more of a specific development sport than the real deal.

I like TKD. The kicks are wicked. I hate the hands down technique, though. It always seems like more of a specific development sport than the real deal.
It's for balance and torque on the kicks. When I would do belt testing in Kenpo they always gave me a free pass on my kicking when my hands would drop and whip around my waist on delivery (Kenpo is about deception of delivery and no wasted movement)...It was too natural at that point to make me change it (black stripe Red belt), plus shit was harder than what they were throwing, (not tryin to be all that, just sayin'). Not frequently do you use, or need to use your fists. The philosophy is, the legs have more reach and are much more powerful than anything your fists can do, IF you use your movement angles and set-up right, you're way more likely to get a KO by a kick than a punch between skilled fighters. However, a TKD practitioners achillies heel is distance. Getting bum-rushed before having a chance to fire requires you to have "other" skills.

Haha, similar to me. Started in Hap Ki Do, did TKD and tang soo do, eventually wrestled in highschool and then got into BJJ and boxing. Movement in the Korean MA's provided a great base for balance and movement. If anything, the angle in TKD is much more similar to boxing than something like Muay thai (much more square).

It's for balance and torque on the kicks. When I would do belt testing in Kenpo they always gave me a free pass on my kicking when my hands would drop and whip around my waist on delivery (Kenpo is about deception of delivery and no wasted movement)...It was too natural at that point to make me change it (black stripe Red belt), plus shit was harder than what they were throwing, (not tryin to be all that, just sayin'). Not frequently do you use, or need to use your fists. The philosophy is, the legs have more reach and are much more powerful than anything your fists can do, IF you use your movement angles and set-up right, you're way more likely to get a KO by a kick than a punch between skilled fighters. However, a TKD practitioners achillies heel is distance. Getting bum-rushed before having a chance to fire requires you to have "other" skills.
It’s like going to war with only archers. You need more. You either hit that kick or you’re in trouble.

Haha, similar to me. Started in Hap Ki Do, did TKD and tang soo do, eventually wrestled in highschool and then got into BJJ and boxing. Movement in the Korean MA's provided a great base for balance and movement. If anything, the angle in TKD is much more similar to boxing than something like Muay thai (much more square).
Yeeesss, my man! I agree, the movement, distance control and angles are on par with boxing.
I first got into Boxing at 10, then Taek won do, Hap ki do, Tang soo do, then Kook Sool and weapons, all the while still training Boxing and playing Football in high school. Went to play ball in college and took up Kenpo.

Back