Spinning back kicks?

found this video as the #1 pop up after searching back kick vs side kick

@1:40 i guess for the back kick you're not turning over the hip. you're not even looking at the opponent(?), he does the kick literally looking the opposite way. so i dont know how good this video is lol

Why are you even commenting in the striking technique section if you don't know anything about fighting?

and why are you so butthurt about my comments? I gave my opinion and you disagreed. You should try getting the sand out of your vagina. I hear that doing spinning back kicks helps with that.

Does anyone need to point out two of the three GIFs posted are neither spinning back kicks nor spinning side kicks, but spinning hook kicks? Or what is going on here?

Does anyone need to point out two of the three GIFs posted are neither spinning back kicks nor spinning side kicks, but spinning hook kicks? Or what is going on here?

This.

Back and Side kicks are linear, Hook kicks are circular.

And all three of those kicks are applicable. We've seen each used effectively.

I'm sorry. Forgot all about this thread. I will try to make a video the next time i am at the gym. Trying to explain quick and simple:

spinning backkick: your ass / lower back points at your target when you kick

spinning sidekick: you hips points at your target when you kick. making it a sidekick.

Just because they are rarely used, doesn't mean they have no application.
y3Jqnd.gif

vQpPZW.gif

m6YVbV.gif

First is a spinning crescent kick
Second is a spinning hook kick
Third is spinning side kick

N00b

N00b

first is also a spinning hook kick. just with not as clean technical form. still got the job done.

Martial art terminology change depending on who you talk to. There is no set standard that everyone adhere to.

Is it better to turn your head as you spin? Is it more accurate this way?

Of course, u have to see ur target and you have to see where to land the kick.

I like to use it a lot in sparring, at least 1 per round. If u spin from a side angle or as a counter attack, the kick is devestating.

N00b

And all of them work. That's the point. Spinning kicks do work if thrown properly, regardless of which variation you use.

first is also a spinning hook kick. just with not as clean technical form. still got the job done.

In TKD the first kick would be a spinning outside crescent kick due to Juniors heel being pointed down.

I know. but i think Junior ment to do a hook kick with the heel to the side.

Back